Daniel Peck

Anyone know anything about this kid, the next farah they say well looks like we have many options with the number 9 once Farah retires

Mania Cherrington
Jacob Liddle
Daniel Peck

All these players have the potential to be the next Farah according to the media who would you want if you could only pick 1
(i would put all my attention on Mania Cherrington)

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/have-the-wests-tigers-found-their-next-farah-nrl-rugby-league-robbie-farrah/7yhk2t770pqp1omdpuyrk6enl

i havent seen enough of liddle yet to make an informed opinion, and i have seen none of peck.
Cherrington is looking the goods so far, looks better with every game he plays.

If liddle and peck are as good as reported then we cant really go wrong with any of them. however if farah retires after next season the only one of the three ready to play 80 minutes of first grade will be cherrington.
For that reason i’d choose him.

WTs are blessed with juniors. The production line keeps rolling them out.
Great to see former WestsTigers players involved with our junior system.

Peck joined Balmain from the Centurions probably as a result of Matthew Head. A fine talent and there are highlights of his play in the Balmain matches on the NSWRL website. Played NSW U19s with Ryan Papenhuyzen and if Head is suggesting he should be playing U20s I’d agree with him. Next year Cherrington should move up to NRL permanently pushing Liddle up to NSW Cup and Peck to the U20s.

I hope Matt Head is appointed Under 20s coach is he has had great success with the SG Ball, HIs presence no doubt will assist with the retention of talent. Players such as the Sironens, Tatola, Satterthwaite, Papenhuyzen, Peck and Matt Woods have all been coached by him. Let’s get it done WTs.

Cherrington is the best IMO, and by some distance.

Cherrington is a very sharp operator, and will play alot of NRL.

Peck and Liddle both also good, but I think they will fall just short of long careers….but many players keep improving and end up being much better than expected, these 2 could be just that.

Cherrington is fantastic but both these other kids have been as good as he was in their age groups. Liddle to me looks like he’ll be a really excellent dummy half in a duo. Cherrington can be an 80 minute dummy half though and is a leader on the field too. Cherrington is going to play 200 first grade games. The jury is out on the other two.

Liddle needs to add a few strings to his bow but his running game out of dummy half is extremely good.

@Pawsandclaws:

Peck joined Balmain from the Centurions probably as a result of Matthew Head. A fine talent and there are highlights of his play in the Balmain matches on the NSWRL website. Played NSW U19s with Ryan Papenhuyzen and if Head is suggesting he should be playing U20s I’d agree with him. Next year Cherrington should move up to NRL permanently pushing Liddle up to NSW Cup and Peck to the U20s.

I hope Matt Head is appointed Under 20s coach is he has had great success with the SG Ball, HIs presence no doubt will assist with the retention of talent. Players such as the Sironens, Tatola, Satterthwaite, Papenhuyzen, Peck and Matt Woods have all been coached by him. Let’s get it done WTs.

Kimmorley as U20 coach has been a flop

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Only issue with Cherrington is his defence
Being a smaller frame he is not up there with his defensive work

People forget how much defensive work Farah does.
On top of that he is a clever rake with a good boot for sneaky kicks

The next 9 will have to be sharp in order to come close to Robbie

Farah wasn’t always a good defender…

Have to agree LTWT… It won’t be easy filling Robbie’s boots.

You can not compare a u20’s no9 with a NRL no9, one guy is playing a hybrid game of touch and the other one has a massive defensive workload as well directing a team around the paddock from dummy half.

Cherrington has been very well groomed and will eventually take over, the other two will probably have to look else where unless of course Taylor goes with two no9s, but with a reduced interchange that would be unlikely

Defensively Cherrington still has developing to do before he can press claims for longer minutes in NRL.
If was no coincidence that once Farrah was off, Canberra started to get in behind our markers and make pretty of meters.

For starters you can’t compare an SG ball hooker, a NYCV hooker and NSW Cup hooker. 3 extremley different levels.

Having 4 rep hookers at the club is great, but 2 won’t play first grade with us.

Liddle just has a running game at the moment. Defence, passing, kicking all need a fair bit of work.

Peck, he’s just a kid.

Cherry needs to go back to NSW Cup for the rest of the season. Playing 10 mins off the bench every week isn’t going to help him in the long run. He needs to work on his defence and fitness and playing against men every week will do that, combined with a full off season on weights etc and he’ll have a whole new frame.

Thing is Robbie will need to start playing some lock next season, and who knows what for 2017. He’s our captain but Cherrington won’t wait 2 whole years to be a regular first grade starter. He’s not ready yet, but by 2017 he’ll definitely be ready to play 80 mins at hooker.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme