Centre

Guys I hardly ever post, but I feel like around here there’s a bit of negativity about “taylorball” and people not being happy with comments about the results not mattering. To a degree it infuriates me to hear it from our team, and I also didn’t trust “taylorball”; but I think I was just too blind to see through the spin.

I distinctly remember the panthers game and being totally distraught. BUT, it got me looking at our results where our centres had been affected.

Rd 11 and 16 simona’s gone off injured leaving 2nd rowers in centre
rd 15 same thing happens with Noffa
Rds 13 17 and 19 Milone’s been in due to both starting centres being out.
Hoeter was there rd 11,13,16,17

so that’s rounds 11 (Cowboys Loss),13(Titans Loss),15(Manly Loss),16(Penrith Loss),17(Eels Loss),19 (Broncos Loss) where we’ve been hammered by opposition’s outside backs. The only non injury affected game there was round 14 against the rabbits where we stuffed them.

add those 6 to our tally and we’d be sitting 4th or 5th.

Cheer up, guys. We’re WAY better than our results have been - Predicting top 4 next year.

I am glad you pieced this together. I had the same thought.

One thing I will state is that our outside backs are good excluding Richards however we have no depth. It is the key area within the team that needs improving.

In stating that Taylors tactics were terrible and he should be roasted for it.

@stevetiger:

One thing I will state is that our outside backs are good excluding Richards however we have no depth. It is the key area within the team that needs improving.

This is an area we need to fix

We have no quality in the lower grades who can step up from and outside back perspective

Deloiuse was good on the wing but isn’t a center. Outside of that we have no one other than our starting 5 who can play in the backs currently.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Drewby:

Cheer up, guys. We’re WAY better than our results have been - Predicting top 4 next year.

If you really believe that, go chuck $50 on us at the earliest opportunity. I’m not as confident but, as you say, we are a vastly better team when out backline is at full strength.

Taylor identified the back row and the centre as our problem positions before the first ball of the season was kicked off and nothing really has changed except Lawrence’s excellent transition from the centre to the back row, and their is a strong chance Chris will be playing elsewhere next season.

Top four next season is a big call, still plenty of other things need fixing before we are anywhere near top four, short attacking kicking game is atrocious,our bomb catching at the back is hit and miss and we still miss a lot of tackles are just a couple of things that come to mind.

In saying the above we have made a couple of good budget signings and I expect a couple more in the coming weeks and I am thinking a top eight finish is a real chance, but top four would need a massive turn around

@stevetiger:

Oh! you have Steve - he is well roasted (just a charred piece of meat where a coach used to be).

@Russell:

@stevetiger:

Oh! you have Steve - he is well roasted (just a charred piece of meat where a coach used to be).

I don’t think that there was ever a coach there. Lets just hope that he has learnt from this season and the spin from JT and his groupies stops.

Have you noticed the players are even stating it now. Woods and Farah have both recently mentioned the change in tactics and how much better we are looking.

apart from the titans and possibly the panthers game, i doubt having simona there would’ve helped.

appreciate the optism and i’ve honestly had the same thought but coulda woulda shoulda- in the long term this season was a success as our youngsters got some experience but right now losing the close games despite our spine playing almost every game together is a sour taste in my mouth tbh.

@supercoach:

Taylor identified the back row and the centre as our problem positions before the first ball of the season was kicked off and nothing really has changed except Lawrence’s excellent transition from the centre to the back row, and their is a strong chance Chris will be playing elsewhere next season.

Top four next season is a big call, still plenty of other things need fixing before we are anywhere near top four, short attacking kicking game is atrocious,our bomb catching at the back is hit and miss and we still miss a lot of tackles are just a couple of things that come to mind.

In saying the above we have made a couple of good budget signings and I expect a couple more in the coming weeks and I am thinking a top eight finish is a real chance, but top four would need a massive turn around

it’s been common knowledge for a fair while now that those two positions were a major problem, but I think this year , it’s been shown that that is not our only positions that
Are very weak . We also need a big aggressive type prop and a decent back up prop.
Two centres not one , and at least one good backup winger / fullback, and backup halves, ((preferably someone who can put some pressure on the two existing halves
Maybe Chee Kam may help somewhere in there, but we need some quality players if we are ever going to compete.

@tig_prmz:

apart from the titans and possibly the panthers game, i doubt having simona there would’ve helped.

appreciate the optism and i’ve honestly had the same thought but coulda woulda shoulda- in the long term this season was a success as our youngsters got some experience but right now losing the close games despite our spine playing almost every game together is a sour taste in my mouth tbh.

Despite the fact that our spine minus Robbie has played around 80 games between them? Madness.

Somebody said that Curtis Rowe had been the best Tigers player in NSW Cup. Is he out injured?

I would like to see Pat Richards’ try scoring record this season in games where Simona has played compared to when he isn’t there. He’s got a very nice catch and pass that has played Patty in for many tries.

@Marshall_magic:

I would like to see Pat Richards’ try scoring record this season in games where Simona has played compared to when he isn’t there. He’s got a very nice catch and pass that has played Patty in for many tries.

Agreed, we haven’t seen much of his running game this season but his hands have generally been outstanding. Also, kudos to big Pat for going low and diving for the corner yesterday, could’ve had a few more notches on his belt if he’d been doing it all year.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Well put Simona is notable by his absence. Like someone said Richards is practically out of the game when his out and when Santi Lovett and the the young centres are there we have no chance.

Shame Taylor didn’t stick with Lawrence when available at least he can tackle.
We are short 2 quality three quarters at least.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme