Brooks this week

Just watched the game and have to say Brooks needs to better understand the role of a halfback in the NRL. In games like we just watched, he needs to step up and take control. I am yet to see him to do this in a game this year.
He is the one that needs to work to the game plan or have a plan B or C up his sleeve if things are not working out. He lacks direction and organisation skills for this team to move around he field.
I am yet to see him identify a weak spot in a defence and work towards a play that takes advantage of that spot.
He cant always wait for our forwards to make space for him. A good half will guide his team around the park to areas of the field they can exploit and have a smart kicking game to get them out of trouble.
He needs to take a long hard look at himself and ask the question what to I want to be a dominant halfback for the next 10 years or a player that could of been.
I personally am not sold on him running this team. Next year is a make or break year for him.

On a plus side, i think Moses is starting to show some really signs for the future.
Come on Luke, make me eat humble pie.

brooks will get there- he has tremendous understanding of the game

this loss can’t be blamed on him at all imo- it was the forwards plain and simple- and to a degree farah’s two very costly mistakes.

I thought he was great in the first half, not so much in the second half.

I questioned if he was playing at times. Needs to be there at the right time. Not playing smart footy ATM.

brooks has gone backwards over the last 5-6 weeks, he just does not seem to read the game, there was heaps of times he could have put his foot down and went for the gap yet he throws a hospital ball.

have to say that i would have liked to see moses at 1/2 and martin at 5/8 next year.

Hard playing 7 behind a beaten forward pack….always has been

@tig_prmz:

brooks will get there- he has tremendous understanding of the game

this loss can’t be blamed on him at all imo- it was the forwards plain and simple- and to a degree farah’s two very costly mistakes.

It’s comments like this that really annoy me. No offense to you personally “tig”, I like your contributions to the forum overall. But you say “this loss can’t be blamed on Brooks” . …When did chippofftheoldblock blame Brooks for the loss? I think many foumers do this, as soon as someone says a bad word about a player they start making out like that player is being soley blamed for the loss. Annoys the crap out of me.

Sorry, like I said not totally against you Tig, but this is a good example of a pet hate of mine and I can’t stand it.

Unless someone says “so and so cost us the game”…criticism of them doesn’t necessarily mean they are being blamed for the loss

Just back from the game and I thought Brooks once again looked hesitant and seems to be the split second behind the pace in his decision making. On the other hand Moses looks like he plays off instinct. I would consider putting Moses in at 7 and playing Brooks at six

At the start of the season people were very supportive of Brooks and less of Moses ( a lot less actually) now that Moses seems to be kicking on nicely has this now highlighted how Brooks has not gone with him perhaps ?

To be honest Potter was able to get heaps more out of a less experienced Brooks …will say now Brooks needs to source another coach as Taylor is not the guy to bring out his best …Taylor has had a full off season and an entire season working with him and he has gone backwards .As much as I would not like seeing him go it is him for his own development or Taylor!

@Snake:

To be honest Potter was able to get heaps more out of a less experienced Brooks …will say now Brooks needs to source another coach as Taylor is not the guy to bring out his best …Taylor has had a full off season and an entire season working with him and he has gone backwards .As much as I would not like seeing him go it is him for his own development or Taylor!

Another Taylor bash hey snake…any opportunity I suppose…

@supercoach:

Just back from the game and I thought Brooks once again looked hesitant and seems to be the split second behind the pace in his decision making. On the other hand Moses looks like he plays off instinct. I would consider putting Moses in at 7 and playing Brooks at six

I thought that as the origin period progressed, ie, Cherrington found his flow, that Brooks was starting to look alot better. I made posts at the start of the year that I think Farahs service is just way too slow, and from flat behind the PTB. He doesnt step out to slow the advancing def lines, and he isnt quick… unless the ball runners earn us some ruck speed themselves, I feel periods of our attack are groundhog day and the first player of Farah gets hammered for sets on end.

Im not making excuses for Brooks, he is obviously struggling, nor am I trying to deflect onto Robbie that its his fault either… but Brooks with his mojo and the Farah issue wouldnt likely be as noticable, Mania’s quicker service and Brooks lack of confidence slowing down his thought process isnt as much of an issue.

Also Brooks isnt the first nor will he be the last half to be rattled and look up for Beau Scott every time the ball comes near him. Its not the end of the world though, he has proven on occasions he has the class to be there. Its just a matter of time before he he comes good with a bit of confidence and consistency.

@Tigersmurf:

@Snake:

Another Taylor bash hey snake…any opportunity I suppose…

Well if you think Luke has excelled under Taylor great that is your opinion mine is quite different ,Taylor is a loser get used to it!

I agree that Brooks hasn’t improved as expected this year. I have called previously for him to be dropped in favour if Moses at half, but who are you going to replace him with! It is clear you have no time for Taylor but this constant barrage every opportunity gets very onerous.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme