Jaryd Hayne

Couldn’t find another Hayne thread, so I’ll dive in.
Congrats to him for a great start to his bid to make it in NFL , from all reports he Showed that it’s not impossible for him to make it happen.
His 53 metre run, while not sounding much from a RL angle was apparently a big deal for him considering that it was his first actual game,
There was a few comments about his fend as well.
Whether you’re a fan of his or not. He’s got ticker for trying what hes always wanted to do,
And I for one,hope it’s sucessful.
It’s still a long way off for him, but he has made a few over there take notice
It will be great if he does get there and hopefully we may get to see some of his games here.
Sorry if this should have been in a different section, wasn’t sure

He looked pretty good, though Im not fan or expert….but he looked comfortable and at home…he is a freak

He did look good in his first hit out, albeit against 2nd tier players. If determination is anything though, he will make it in the NFL. I wish him all the best.

@innsaneink:

He looked pretty good, though Im not fan or expert….but he looked comfortable and at home…he is a freak

I’m in the same boat as you. Natural athlete. Him and Greg Inglis are worlds apart from the rest as just pure athletes that would succeed in so many sports.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I don’t think Inglis could do as well as Hayne…
Despite being one of the best in the NRL.

Not bad for 4 touches, hope he enjoys the downtime.

Playing the Cowboys this week ,should be interesting .

@goldcoast tiger:

Couldn’t find another Hayne thread, so I’ll dive in.
Congrats to him for a great start to his bid to make it in NFL , from all reports he Showed that it’s not impossible for him to make it happen.
His 53 metre run, while not sounding much from a RL angle was apparently a big deal for him considering that it was his first actual game,
There was a few comments about his fend as well.
Whether you’re a fan of his or not. He’s got ticker for trying what hes always wanted to do,
And I for one,hope it’s sucessful.
It’s still a long way off for him, but he has made a few over there take notice
It will be great if he does get there and hopefully we may get to see some of his games here.
Sorry if this should have been in a different section, wasn’t sure

Little bit more detail below….

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25121

its preseason, but he was very solid. looked a little lost without the ball (blocking) but didnt get embarrassed or anything just hesitant.

kick returns were also good. would like to see him improve his runs. averaged 2.5 yards per carry after you take out the 53 yard one. need to be hitting 5+ in preseason if he wants to have a shot and playing in regular season.

Jarryd Hayne kills it again in game against Dallas Cowboys,
Hope he can keep it up.

If you Follow your dreams, Everything is possible.
Good luck to him :slight_smile:

I’ve watched both games. So far he’s done nothing but prove doubters wrong. I assume he will continue to. He is actually making it look very easy.

@MacDougall:

I’ve watched both games. So far he’s done nothing but prove doubters wrong. I assume he will continue to. He is actually making it look very easy.

The part I like is how good could he be when the pressure is off if he gets selected and he can really learn and get into it …

@Snake:

@MacDougall:

The part I like is how good could he be when the pressure is off if he gets selected and he can really learn and get into it …

One of the Nfl journos was saying how good his straight running is , but that he’d have to be ableto learn how to beat a man( or words to that effect), he wasn’t bagging him at all
I couldn’t resist a small chuckle. He obviously hasn’t used his sidestep yet .
They’ll wet themselves when he does.loved the fend again.
He’s one bloke that I just love watching , wherever he plays, an incredible talent, no matter how he goes over there.

I think they meant like a bump off. He has done nothing but step people so far.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme