Should a halves coach be employed

As heading sugests ,should the club invest a bit more for the investment they have made … Johns did wonders for the Manly halves ,IMO the club would be well served to do this …just because Taylor was a half doesn’t mean he can bring the best out in them.

Yes. Like to see A Johns have at least an off season with them.

Absolutely - learn from the best.

AJ could teach them heaps.

If they couldn’t get him - forget it imo.

How many coaches do a team need?? Brooks has being playing no7 since he had nappies on, if he still needs some direction on what to do he should give it away.

You will see a different Brooks next year, second year syndrome done and dusted and a year older and year smarter. I think you can fall for the trap of over coaching, at some stage you just have to let them sink or swim

Given both Taylor & Kimmorley were experienced halves having played nearly 600 games between them you would think that they would be able to past on sound advice to our halves. However, having said that I am all for any guidance our young halves can get to improve their on field performances but I can’t see the Tigers employing AJ with Taylor & Kimmorley on board.

If we can afford to get Andrew Johns we should. How good would he be for brooksy and Mitch

Well its a funny one considering we have Taylor and kimmorley who are halves.

I would chip in a lazy $20.

The Halves (FB Included) are our greatest assets at the Mo and we must build the team around these 2.

AJ = 100%

Yes definitely, Johns or Fitler.

joey would definitely be amazing

though i reckon JT and kimmorley are good enough

the money is better spent on the training facilities IMO

don’t think JT was the halves coach at the roosters but he was most likely dealing with the halves on a regular basis and maloney/pearce a couple of years ago were the best halves combo in the comp. JT may not be the best but he’s good enough

Don’t we also have Matthew Head on our coaching rooster as well. Three half backs should be enough. Brooks has not kicked on this season but still only young.

@Snake:

As heading sugests ,should the club invest a bit more for the investment they have made … Johns did wonders for the Manly halves ,IMO the club would be well served to do this …just because Taylor was a half doesn’t mean he can bring the best out in them.

Johns would be the dream and would be excellent for Brooks in particular.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Always scratched my head when people would say how good JT would be for Brooks having been a former halfback. Any NRL coach worth his salt should know how to coach his halfback, not one who just happened to be a halfback when he played.

@supercoach:

How many coaches do a team need?? Brooks has being playing no7 since he had nappies on, if he still needs some direction on what to do he should give it away.

lol yeah that makes sense. stupid first graders, thinking they need help from coaches.

any player that needs direction from a coach or position specific coach should just retire. 😆 😆 😆

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme