Resign Kyle Lovett? Are you kidding.

I cannot believe we are going to resign Kyle Lovett. Does taylor watch the same games i do. lovett has continued to show he is no way up to NRL standard. I can count atleast 6 games this year were he has missed a simple 1 on 1 tackle that has lead to tries. he has no force in any of his tackles, he seems to just try to rap his arms around players like his giving them a cuddle. He’s attack is even worse. Has this club forgotten what a backrowers job is. I seriously cant believe the players we have let go and now they want to keep this bloke. ITS A JOKE. He wouldnt make my local Agrade team. No wonder we havent got money to buy real forwards. I GIVE UP. :deadhorse:

No idea why. Baffling and down right stupid if I am completely honest. If he is staying in NSW Cup, great, but me thinks that this is going to keep him near the 1sts and let’s be honest, he tries hard, but that is where the buck stops.

@TigerWho69:

I cannot believe we are going to resign Kyle Lovett. Does taylor watch the same games i do. lovett has continued to show he is no way up to NRL standard. I can count atleast 6 games this year were he has missed a simple 1 on 1 tackle that has lead to tries. he has no force in any of his tackles, he seems to just try to rap his arms around players like his giving them a cuddle. He’s attack is even worse. Has this club forgotten what a backrowers job is. I seriously cant believe the players we have let go and now they want to keep this bloke. ITS A JOKE. He wouldnt make my local Agrade team. No wonder we havent got money to buy real forwards. I GIVE UP. :deadhorse:

How desperate is our Salary Cap situation?

I dont think WE are signing him up
I think JT is, hence the No 14 Jersey Lovett wears each week

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/acl-injury-ends-parramatta-eels-centre-beau-champions-career-nrl-market-watch/story-fnp0lyn3-1227488844964

"KYLE FEELS THE LOVE

Wests Tigers may have a fight on their hands to keep Kyle Lovett.

The club is keen on re-signing the backrower but we’re hearing the Gold Coast are sniffing around the 22-year-old."

Resign or re-sign? 2 totally opposite meanings.

I’d have thought it was pretty obvious they’re talking about signing him on again…

Not sure why people complain about Lovett. He’s the prototypical type of player all clubs down the bottom of the ladder have. He gets a bung rap imo. He puts in work rate was. He puts in a lot more than a couple of others.

@TigerWho69:

Have you watched any WT NSW Cup games?..Our team is hopeless…we don’t have anyone better than Lovett running around to replace him…

Geez some on here are tough,Lovett is in his first nrl season and is only a kid himself…he is a good worker and tries his best…some of the highly paid in this team dont get through the same work rate as he does and everyone wants to get rid of him…

I bet he isnt on between 400/600k a year like some,but still puts in to the best of his ability…thrown in early because of lack of depth…yep lets crucify him for doing the best he can…fair dinkum…

@alexaki:

@TigerWho69:

Have you watched any WT NSW Cup games?..Our team is hopeless…we don’t have anyone better than Lovett running around to replace him…

Totally agree.

I don’t rate Lovett highly, but I put him marginally ahead of Santi and Santi is the next best backrower we have coming through.

This is about having cheap and reasonably reliable options. Yes he is going to miss tackles, yes he is going to get smoked in the centres, but he takes reliable hitups, he plays good minutes and he doesn’t get injured much.

Can’t all be superstars.

@TigerWho69:

I just got some stats off NRL.com and then got the missed tackles stats from the Wests Tigers site to do some comparisons.

Lovett has made the most tackles for the Tigers this year on 632 (Farah is 570 and Sue 550). He averages 33 per game which is second to Farah 41 and Woods on 31. He is 14th for the Tigers for missed tackles with 21 (Farah 22, Woods 21) and has the second best % for missed tackles against tackles made (Ava is best with Tedesco and Nofa the worst).

Lovett is 6th on the Hitup list.

Personally I don’t think that is a bad effort and could see why the club would want him around. Perhaps not a star but every club needs a worker……

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/playerprofiles/weststigersplayerlist/tabid/10833/clubid/15/default.aspx

I would sign him to a two year deal, he has done enough in his first year at NRL level to suggest he will probably get bigger and better over the next couple of season. His asking price would probably reflect a boarder line first grader so I do not see what we would have to loose

Are you people serious about kyle lovett. Do any of you guys watch the games. He doesnt tackle. Leaning on players after someone else grabs them is not a tackle. How many one on one tackles does he make. and how many one on one misses does he have , more than any other forward in the comp. Have you ever heard the referee call out dominant after one of his tackles. Im sick of people getting on here and defending him. Using your arms only without any force is not the way a forward should tackle. You guys are completly blind. There is no way he is up to NRL standard. With forwards like that get used to the tigers finishing at the bottom for many years to come. :brick:

Stats only tell half the story. There are so many different definitions of things like missed tackles that you can only compare stats from the same source for one. That’s why nrl and fox stats are often quite different. He never dominates tackles, often is a 3rd man in, he allows too many fast play the balls, he doesn’t make many metres per hit up, and never gets a quick play the ball. He’s also frequently caught horribly out of position, to the extent it doesn’t even count as a missed tackle.

As a minimum wage squaddie ok, nothing more, but as a cheap local backup he’s ok.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme