Why is Pat Richards still playing .

Not only should he have never been picked at the start of the year, i cant work out why is he still being picked for the wing When he is leaving for England next year. i just cant work out this club, you would think Taylor would be blooding some young wingers and giving them a taste of 1st grade for next year. Lets face it, there all going to play better than Richards anyway.

Because he has served this club very well and does not deserve the embarrassment of being dropped.

@Tigersman:

Because he has served this club very well and does not deserve the embarrassment of being dropped.

Plus he is being paid for it and may well trigger salary cap issues with player bonuses etc if others are used.

I’m going to have a guess and say that he has a Contract to play for Wests Tigers and if his services are required to play 1st Grade then that is what he will do i guess.

You don’t know if by playing another player that is not in the 25 Man squad will activate there Contract to pay X amount of dollars ? I’m not sure the reasons ?

But one thing i do know is that with 3 games to go Pat Richards deserves the respect to finish of his last 3 games in 1st Grade .

Thanks for the memories Pat .

What has Patty cakes done to deserve this?

@foreveratiger:

I’m going to have a guess and say that he has a Contract to play for Wests Tigers and if his services are required to play 1st Grade then that is what he will do i guess.

You don’t know if by playing another player that is not in the 25 Man squad will activate there Contract to pay X amount of dollars ? I’m not sure the reasons ?

But one thing i do know is that with 3 games to go Pat Richards deserves the respect to finish of his last 3 games in 1st Grade .
Thanks for the memories Pat .

What he said^^^^

Benji played 1st grade in the last match with Wests tigers and it was arguably his best game of that season.

Richards is a legend. He is also amongst the top ten winger try scorers in the competition. He also kicks amazingly. He is worth 159 points towards our for and against. Any further questions?

umm because he’s in the top 5 outside backs at the club.

@tig_prmz:

umm because he’s in the top 5 outside backs at the club.

If this is the case we really need to sign some outside backs. I hope it isn’t the case.

I’d continue with him there though until the end of the year. He deserves that respect and if he gets an open try line he will score for us.

@TigerWho69:

Not only should he have never been picked at the start of the year, i cant work out why is he still being picked for the wing When he is leaving for England next year. i just cant work out this club, you would think Taylor would be blooding some young wingers and giving them a taste of 1st grade for next year. Lets face it, there all going to play better than Richards anyway.

Sometimes it pays to think before posting….ok Patty is getting older and is moving on next year,however he has done more good than bad for this club over the years he has been here.
He deserves to get picked for the next couple of games before bowing out…
A humble man and great player for this club…every highly rated big paid player eventually makes mistakes and realises it’s time to move on…Patty cakes has been an honest worker for the club…

@TigerWho69:

6 posts to your name and all have them have put the boot into current players, so to speak. Name another winger in the club who will outplay Richards at the moment.

@willow:

@TigerWho69:

6 posts to your name and all have them have put the boot into current players, so to speak. Name another winger in the club who will outplay Richards at the moment.

Just me or does anybody else think that sometimes these people are players trying to get in the top 25 or playing FG? At the moment, I’m just picturing someone like Hoeter going ‘maybe if I lay the boot in I’ll get back in’

Something I do to preservere with posts like this.

Were you feeling well when you started this post ?

I would have agreed with your title if it read “why is Kyle Lovett still playing”

Sorry mate but we dont dump players because they signed with another club for next season.
Patty still does enough to warrant a selection, dont you think ?

@willow:

@TigerWho69:

can you delete this bloke? doesnt seem very constructive to anything

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme