Why will we improve in 2016?

Simple answer, we won’t.

Robbie Farah, the man who led the Wests Tigers around the park for almost a decade now will not be improving with age, this season has shown that he is on the decline and has barely been able to string a handful of games together, you can’t question his passion and commitment but his time is almost up and with a slow dummy half won’t be doing your team any favours.

James Tedesco, at career best form, possibly the best form of any fullback in the game, James Tedesco can’t lift us from the bottom of the table, he needs his side to lift in order to reach higher heights and unfortunately the side is full of plodders.

Brooks and Moses, Moses is in great form, plays with his heart, i love watching this kid play, been on the incline as of late and you can not question his improvement, he is going to be something special. Brooks on the other hand, has not improved at all this season, apart from his intercept today, i didn’t really see anything special in him, last season he and James Tedesco seemed to have a great combination forming, it has disappeared this season. Don’t get me wrong, i love the kid but he hasn’t hit any form yet, i hope he does very soon as i do not want to see him dropped.

The forward pack, absolutely rubbish, apart from Martin Taupau they are all plodders, Ava has a few good games here and there, Woodsy has been poor post origin and the rest wouldn’t make a first grade side anywhere else.

The wingers, we only have one for 2016 and he is a weapon when in form, defence is 20’s standard though.

The centres, was our weakest position at the beginning of the year but it is arguably our strongest position now if both can keep healthy, Naiqama and Simona are the way to go.

The bench, usually the position that provides the side with impact, last season we had the best bench in the game…Gavet, Ava, Taupau and Sue. This season, the bench provides no go forward and will only weaken with the departure of Keith Galloway requiring Jesse Sue to start at prop.

No additions to the roster.

Do we really see the Tigers finishing any higher than 14th next season? In my opinion i don’t, we are currently in the Eels era where they had a superstar fullback and nothing more.

2016 will be a mirror of 2015

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

We will.
Because it’d be hard to be as bad as this year.

Everyone just pack it in…come back in 2040…

@Milky:

Simple answer, we won’t.

Robbie Farah, the man who led the Wests Tigers around the park for almost a decade now will not be improving with age, this season has shown that he is on the decline and has barely been able to string a handful of games together, you can’t question his passion and commitment but his time is almost up and with a slow dummy half won’t be doing your team any favours.

James Tedesco, at career best form, possibly the best form of any fullback in the game, James Tedesco can’t lift us from the bottom of the table, he needs his side to lift in order to reach higher heights and unfortunately the side is full of plodders.

Brooks and Moses, Moses is in great form, plays with his heart, i love watching this kid play, been on the incline as of late and you can not question his improvement, he is going to be something special. Brooks on the other hand, has not improved at all this season, apart from his intercept today, i didn’t really see anything special in him, last season he and James Tedesco seemed to have a great combination forming, it has disappeared this season. Don’t get me wrong, i love the kid but he hasn’t hit any form yet, i hope he does very soon as i do not want to see him dropped.

The forward pack, absolutely rubbish, apart from Martin Taupau they are all plodders, Ava has a few good games here and there, Woodsy has been poor post origin and the rest wouldn’t make a first grade side anywhere else.

The wingers, we only have one for 2016 and he is a weapon when in form, defence is 20’s standard though.

The centres, was our weakest position at the beginning of the year but it is arguably our strongest position now if both can keep healthy, Naiqama and Simona are the way to go.

The bench, usually the position that provides the side with impact, last season we had the best bench in the game…Gavet, Ava, Taupau and Sue. This season, the bench provides no go forward and will only weaken with the departure of Keith Galloway requiring Jesse Sue to start at prop.

Do we really see the Tigers finishing any higher than 14th next season? In my opinion i don’t, we are currently in the Eels era where they had a superstar fullback and nothing more.

Agree with this.

Potter was a better coach we are losing experience and depth no worthwhile additions and we could be in for a tough year.

Sadly the halves are promising but not what will help club now.
And your right about Woods a great player but tapers off towards end of seasons.

Needed to buy quality half and centre for next year at least.

@Magpie Magic:

@Milky:

Simple answer, we won’t.

Agree with this.

Potter was a better coach we are losing experience and depth no worthwhile additions and we could be in for a tough year.

And your right about Woods a great player but tapers off towards end of seasons.

If Potter was able to choose his own Strengthening and Conditioning staff, i assure you we would not be in this position. Brooks would be known as a Superstar of the game.

I think we will. The full year together with very few injury interruptions to our side will teach them a lot about each other, that includes the coaching staff.

I’m always hopeful the team will improve… Year in year out.

Just finished listening to the Chooks beat the Broncos. Amazing game. Not a Chooks admirer by any means but you had to admire their sheer courage toughing it out for almost three quarters of the game with a 2 man bench, later reduced to 1, against a very good well coached footy team. We are light years from that standard and given our problems, I’m not sure we can close that gap even a little any time soon

@Milky:

@Magpie Magic:

@Milky:

Simple answer, we won’t.

Agree with this.

If Potter was able to choose his own Strengthening and Conditioning staff, i assure you we would not be in this position. Brooks would be known as a Superstar of the game.

I agree with you milky , Potter was sold very short IMO and to be honest what was the real reason Potter got shafted ,was he actually on to something within the player ranks and my view on Potter and the youth in the club was I saw some real promise there… But that is now water under the bridge .The improvement next season will come when Taylor is shown the door and mark my words this will HAPPEN!

@Geo.:

Everyone just pack it in…come back in 2040…

Random year or cleverly picked?

The roster need to improve however, the young guys will improve with more games .
We have the makings of a good team with Tedesco,Simona, Nofo, Brooks, Moses, Woods, Taupau.

Today our leaders Farah, Galloway, Woods, Richards, halatau were absolutely terrible.
The only one that gets a pass is Woods as he was noted as injured. The biggest issue for the coach is the players are not responding and not improving.

Today resembled the game Potter was effectively punted against the Dragons. Taylor won’t make it through next year unless there is drastic improvement.

Is Taylor still coach ?

Our roster is second rate no doubt about it.

Like Potter, we may never know how good or bad Taylor is as a coach because he is working with such substandard players.

Anyone who thinks this team will compete next year with the same personnel has rocks in their heads.

i honestly don’t understand what’s going on there. Just when they start to look like they are improving they go 500 steps backwards. So frustrating. If 2016 is this bad I’ll stop watching. It’s hard enough to stay interested as it is

Brooks is lost. He either needs someone else in there to help him - Andrew Johns? or he’s just not up to it and we need to find someone else

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme