A dumb team

I always thought we were an under-performing team, often mentally weak and dropping in and out of games.

But when did we become such a dumb team? We copped some ordinary penalties today, for example the one on Gallen when he got lifted and then thrown on his back (what are you supposed to do, put him back lightly on his feet?), but also we gave away very many stupid stupid penalties.

Halatau gave the first one away, putting Cronulla on the front foot, leaning in and over the tackle for an absurd length of time. He gave another away shortly later. Then Woods joined in and we’d offered 3 or 4 penalties within 10 minutes.

Nofo sees Moses totally cover Leutele, but decides to come in anyway, exactly what Leutele was hoping for. He then looks at the ref incriminatingly, perhaps for a forward pass, when in fact it was his own stupidity that put the try on. An absolutely horrible attempted offload in the second half, working out of trouble.

Siro decides to try a rubbish offload 30 m out, then backs it up with a missed tackle on Ennis for the try.

Farah decides to throw a bit of a speculator across a defender and Moses cops it on the chest, half-unsighted.

Marty Taupau comes onto the field with such uncontrolled aggression, getting thrown over the sideline, a poor attempted offload himself, some excessive work in the tackle, and by reports (though I missed it) a late cheap shot.

We somehow get within 6, Galloways takes a great hitup off a Woods pass and then decides himself to test a pass, that Holmes swoops on. Seriously, you cop the tackle and work at the tryline, with 12 to go and behind by 6, you don’t throw magic balls.

What about a few of those Brooks kicks? Kicked the skin off one dead, another 2m forward and 10m across field.

Jesse Sue watching Bukuya bust the tackle of Moses, decides to grab him one-handed and pull him down, gets flipped and falls off.

Whether we were well behind, or within 6, we just played such dumb football today. I don’t really know what the coach is supposed to do, I am assuming he did not order speculator offloads or excessive work in the ruck.

Not sure how the completions ended up, but such a dumb performance by a team that doesn’t seem to learn from their mistakes (and they’ve made a few).

Next week will be the ultimate battle of the dumb….16-0 after 12mins nek minet 50-16…Bring it…

Yes my thoughts exactly; one of the dumbest displays I have seen from a first grade side for a long time. And of course that includes handling that was at under 10s level standard.

Yep we’ve always been dumb… And today’s mistakes can’t be blamed on inexperience… Our most experienced players did the dumb stuff… Also how much has Farah slowed this year… Does everything in slo mo

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I think the side has been pretty dumb for years, this is not a recent thing

@PYMBLEPETE:

Yes my thoughts exactly; one of the dumbest displays I have seen from a first grade side for a long time. And of course that includes handling that was at under 10s level standard.

Disagree mate. The u/10s I watched yesterday had far better handling.

Come on guys,don’t you get it…WTs have never had the wooden spoon……and they want a piece of the action to get it… 😒 ❗ 😮

I don’t call It dumb, I call it unprofessional, but dumb is suitable

@TrueTiger:

Come on guys,don’t you get it…WTs have never had the wooden spoon……and they want a piece of the action to get it… 😒 ❗ 😮

Well that’s it now.

TT, all this year you have been the one positive, shining light on this forum. You have kept on saying that things will get better, when the rest of us have thrown our arms up in the air in frustration.

Welcome to our world mate.

@cqtiger:

@TrueTiger:

Well that’s it now.

TT, all this year you have been the one positive, shining light on this forum. You have kept on saying that things will get better, when the rest of us have thrown our arms up in the air in frustration.

Welcome to our world mate.

I’m a little emotional cq,done $20 on our team to cause an upset yesterday,and it was a game where they seemed to spit in my face after I have tried to find positives in all their poor performances this year…I have had my say in another thread and it sums up how I feel atm…(why we will improve in2016 thread)…

At least we have a smart coach :mrgreen:

@Tigermama:

Love your sense of humour at least i smiled

@jadtiger:

@Tigermama:

That Rubbish performance the boys dished up, put a frown on all our faces Jadtiger. Glad my post turned your frown upside down :slight_smile:

@Tigermama:

@jadtiger:

@Tigermama:

That Rubbish performance the boys dished up, put a frown on all our faces Jadtiger. Glad my post turned your frown upside down :slight_smile:

Last season the " Mick Potter sacking " was to blame. 😒
This season, new coach, still the same dis-appointing bottom of ladder result. 😊
Coaches have come and gone.
You decide where the issue is.

@westTAHger:

@Tigermama:

@jadtiger:

@Tigermama:

Last season the " Mick Potter sacking " was to blame. 😒
This season, new coach, still the same dis-appointing bottom of ladder result. 😊
Coaches have come and gone.
You decide where the issue is.

This “dumb” team we have at the moment is a direct legacy of the “dumb” decisions made since 2010 by previous trusted Wests Tigers administrators who have left the club with heavy financial burdens they created. The list of these “dumb” decisions is too long to go into detail but here is a small summary;

Sacking Sheens and paying out the huge sum on his contract
Signing players like Chris Lawrence, Robbie Farah and Adam Blair to highly paid long term contracts which did not return the expected value for money
Committing to a very heavy investment on Under 20’s halves untried at first grade level. This heavy financial committed resulted in the club losing players of the class of Korobeite, Austen etc.

Due to it’s current financial calamity all that club can now afford to buy for 2016 is players like Littlejohn and Parisi from the NRL $10 shop.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme