What changes

My question is if you were incharge of the club, what would you change to become competitive? Any one have an out of the box idea you think would work? What changes would you implement to get off the bottom of the table.

So hard to answer from the outside looking in. While we all have strong opinions, in reality we have no idea about so much. It would depend on the answers to so many questions. All of which we debate every day.

First thing I would do is meet individually with key people, Potter included, with full discretion promised to try and get to the bottom of all the drama, rumours and failures of recent times. Once I had my answers that’s when you can decide how to move forward.

@king sirro:

So hard to answer from the outside looking in. While we all have strong opinions, in reality we have no idea about so much. It would depend on the answers to so many questions. All of which we debate every day.

First thing I would do is meet individually with key people, Potter included, with full discretion promised to try and get to the bottom of all the drama, rumours and failures of recent times. Once I had my answers that’s when you can decide how to move forward.

Great response. Don’t know how willing someone like Potter would be but couldn’t hurt to ask the question. I’d also take a look at the cap situation

flash back to monty python …

“No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! Um, I’ll come in again…”

@Blackpearl:

flash back to monty python …

“No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! Um, I’ll come in again…”

Hey BP,I think I will refer to you as " the riddler"……

@Granto87:

My question is if you were incharge of the club, what would you change to become competitive? Any one have an out of the box idea you think would work? What changes would you implement to get off the bottom of the table.

Sack Taylor and go all out to get Steve Folkes on board as head coach & Andrew Johns as halves coach for starters. And apologies to all the traditionalists, but use one home ground ONLY - the one that actually makes us some money, ANZ.

@Flippedy:

@Granto87:

Sack Taylor and go all out to get Steve Folkes on board as head coach & Andrew Johns as halves coach for starters. And apologies to all the traditionalists, but use one home ground ONLY - the one that actually makes us some money, ANZ.

even though it pains me to say it, gotta agree with this Flip. tough decisions need to be made across all player, coaching and management aspects of the club.

1. Yes to sacking Taylor
  2. Yes to Steve Folkes and Andrew Johns
  3. Anz? Yuk no way, crap, rubbish dump unless 70000 people turn up, Why not play all the games in cambletown? Stadiums don’t make clubs money, smart business people make money. We’ve been playing out of surburban grounds for 100 years now all the sudden it’s not economically feasible. NRL admin make billions off the league, surely we can get our hands on more of the pie, they are useless. Don’t fall for the NRL propaganda who are trying to turn RL into something it’s not and can’t be based on fantasies and no facts. Stick to the basics

We need someone to instill in our players pride in the Wests Tigers Jersey. We seem to be determined to be a separate entity to the foundation clubs, so I believe it has to come from our short history.

I think they are doing what they can tbh. We’ve been stuffed up from previous administrations, re-hiring a coach that had gone past his used by date only re-hired on the basis of 2 good years in a row, sacking another coach because the players had a problem with him, paying overs for players and running an extremely poor S&C section.

At this stage, it appears the above has stopped happening……so that’s a start. Unfortunately, so we’re told anyway, the financial position is going to take some time before it becomes good again.

I don’t think the position on the table is going to be fixed in any great hurry as we now have to rely upon home grown talent (for the most part) or extremely cheap players from elsewhere, hoping that those turn out to be diamonds in the rough.

If the players are truly happy with the coach…why upset that apple cart? In any event, I really don’t believe a change of coach will do much, purely based on past coaches not being able to do much. Adding to that, the reality of the financial situation means we not only can’t afford to pay out the current, that we can’t afford to hire anyone reputed to be decent.

@Flippedy:

@Granto87:

Totally agree with the ANZ call. We need money and 1 stadium.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

One of the biggest challenges is having so many factors out of your control. In business, every employee is hired with KPI’s, even the cleaner. If they don’t perform, you terminate them at no real extra cost.

Over years of wrangling, the Coach has a power base. The Players have a power base. The Board has a power base. The Sponsors have greater say & control. Potential Revenue Stream are taken away with No Compete Clauses from the NRL. Previous decisions are hampering the vision moving forward, and you start to realise the bloke running the club simply has now power to make change unless he can get the majority of the power bases to agree.

I would never own a business that I can’t make the final decisions moving forward. These power bases need to be kulled before anyone can make changes!

@sheer64:

We need someone to instill in our players pride in the Wests Tigers Jersey.

Which one? We wore 6 different jerseys this year at last count. A different jersey every month.
Add to that 3 home grounds.
And then we train somewhere completely different to any of them.
Just who the hell are we?

@Glen McWilliams:

@sheer64:

We need someone to instill in our players pride in the Wests Tigers Jersey.

Which one? We wore 6 different jerseys this year at last count. A different jersey every month.
Add to that 3 home grounds.
And then we train somewhere completely different to any of them.
Just who the hell are we?

Agree Glenn. We should wear the same jersey unless we are forced by the league ( e.g. indigenous round ) etc. A small thing maybe but would help with instilling some pride

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme