Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

• @magpiecol:

Once again I ask that this thread be shut down. It serves no purpose other than having continuing arguments between our fans.

We should all be sticking together in these troubled times, however, this thread is causing division. Quite frankly, when people on this forum start taking ANYTHING that journo’s say before our club, they really need to start looking at themselves and the motives that they are bringing to this forum.

I think once people realise that they should take the media with a grain of salt, the division will stop. Everyone is looking for some kind of scandalous story from this situation, that’s what feeds the media their income and it’s how the media find their “reliable sources” to fuel the sensation.

We’re not Big Brother here, we can’t control what people post. The forums are designed for people to express their views. If people want to base their opinions from media reports, more power to them. When you let what people opinions formed by media reports bother you, then that’s your own fault. I barely even glance at these posts.

Personally, I’ll wait for a club media release or direct quotes from Robbie, JT and Pascoe.

• @stevetiger:

@magpiecol:

Once again I ask that this thread be shut down. It serves no purpose other than having continuing arguments between our fans.

We should all be sticking together in these troubled times, however, this thread is causing division. Quite frankly, when people on this forum start taking ANYTHING that journo’s say before our club, they really need to start looking at themselves and the motives that they are bringing to this forum.

As does anyone who is making up stories regarding Robbie being the puppet master.

Lets be honest here - one side isn’t sitting there blameless and the other is doing the dirty journalists work.

I also think the thread should remain open. It’ll pass soon enough.

Some of the ridicule, rumour and name calling of Farah a club legend has been childish to say the least.

• The sooner Taylor is gone the better.

• @Pawsandclaws:

The sooner Taylor is gone the better.

Hope he takes Robbie with him…

• @Pawsandclaws:

@Blaze:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Snake:

There is no bitterness ,just hard facts ,his antics last year were totally unacceptable and he should of paid the price …this year his employer told him his services were no longer required and told he would not be financially out of pocket if he could find another employer (alas not).His manager told the club not to advise him of this (this alone is bizarre ),the trashing of my club by his manager and his media mates is the last straw …Farah has finally been kicked where it hurts and I give the guy that done it the thumbs up and not before time . I have always enjoyed except on a few occasions watching him play but his time is up at this club and I just hope he realises this as next year could be very testing for him …

Well maybe by next season you and your venom can catch up with Taylor down at Centrelink and have a chat with him about how he kicked Farah where it hurts
    , somehow Taylor has been sidelined , and do we still have a board, they seem to have pulled the hard hats on and are backing away from something it seems

How are they backing away from anything? They gave Farah an option to look around…… Nothing after that has changed one bit… Taylor sidelined? Um how?, as far as I have seen, he is still the man bloke at training telling Farah and the rest what he wants. A reduced media presence maybe, but why would you bother the way the club has been treated of late? I’d pull my boys from doing interviews too if the media were being so reckless too…The only thing that has changed is that the bloke that’s said something stupid and out of line, got sacked straight after. I think you may be getting carried away with media beat up just a little perhaps?

And isn’t the rugby league world much poorer for the loss of JT’s famous off the cuff door stop media interviews. Was it at the start of this year when he regaled us with his equally famous defensive strategy; the one that would have us well placed for an assault on the summit of the NRL’s Everest. We all now know we didn’t leave base camp and finished equal last. No wonder he has a media ban slapped upon him.

He got sacked After the damage was done , quite a while after this whole thing started, probably because the club needed a scapegoat.

Do you seriously believe that an assistant coach would say that to a senior player, unless the head coach had discussed it with him prior to the meeting. He should have been sacked or made to,apologise by the next day at the latest.
    It was like throwing petrol on a fire, plain Stupid

• @goldcoast tiger:

@Blaze:

@goldcoast tiger:

@supercoach:

People keep bagging Taylor as a coach, take away the handling of the Farah thing and look at the nuts and bolts of his coaching.

Last year where we finished on the table did not reflect the gain we had made in over all standard as a NRL team. By the end of the season we were able to defend multiply sets in our own 20 and we actually had some attitude in defence. Now that has not been the case for a few years. Taylor copped a truck load of flack from most people at the start of the year when he had them playing one out and bomb football, but he was putting in place structures, the old saying you have to learn to walk before you can run.

This year will be the acid test, but he has been able to do some budget recruiting and our overall depth looks okay. I think he should be given at leat half year before we start calling for the hangman. I wonder what would happen if we actually won six from our first eight or nine, would all his distractors be still calling for his head. I known highly its unlikely, but its time to accept the fact that both Farah and Taylor will be around come round one, so get behind them and the club and look for positives

We won quite a few games in the beginning this year, and where did we finish……?
    Equal last!!!
    Obviously if there was anything that we improved under him, it wasn’t enough, as more teams finished above us than ever before, Equal Last

Your forgetting that we are a very young side with our halves last season being absolute turnstiles in defence… And that was the reason for playing like we did, to develop a defence based mindset in these young blokes… It was stated by the coach early on in the season, which even the players were all said to be onboard to a bigger plan to develop…our for and against was better than the team running in at 11th position… The improvement was there to see… We were never going to win the comp with a squad that young, and I believe we made a huge leap forward in defence skills.

No, I’m not forgetting that, that’s a very hard thing for anyone to forget.we were reminded of it on many occasions.
    And I certainly didn’t expect them to win the Comp. but to say we took a huge leap forward in defence skills is completely over stating it.
    As a team we would usually put in a big effort and pull out better defence in a few games each year, but eventually we would drop back into our soft defence again.
    Particularly up the middle. That was still present last season, nothing’s changed
    We can clutch at straws as much as anyone wants to. , it doesn’t change the fact that a lot don’t want to face. 14 teams were ahead of us at the end of the comp.
    Equal Last.
    I don’t care how much some try to spin it , or how many refs decisions went against us
    2016 was a crap season for us

Have you a crystal ball or something GCT.

We haven’t even ran on the field in 2016 and you’re saying it was a crap season.

That really is spin.

• @GNR4LIFE:

@marzie:

So you are saying he punched his coach in the face for no reason?

You seem to be the expert here, you tell me.

You’re the one who posted it mate

• Ironically GCT, a Head Coach doesn’t have the same autonomy to sack a club captain… This decision was made/agreed upon from higher, way higher up.

But hey, they also need a scapegoat?!

• @marzie:

@GNR4LIFE:

@marzie:

So you are saying he punched his coach in the face for no reason?

You seem to be the expert here, you tell me.

You’re the one who posted it mate

Au Contraire you’re the one trying to tell me there had to be a reason for it. What makes you so sure? Especially given what someone else said about some people not needing a reason on the drink, they just can’t handle it. If a guy beats on his wife, does there have to be a reason? Not everyone who does these things has a justifiable reason.

• Alright, enough is enough. This thread by and large has been an absolute disgrace and more than half of the posts in this thread are nothing short of complete and utter garbage.

It ends now. Thread closed. If anyone wants to start a new thread, I suggest you think long and hard about it. Unless it is contains FACTUAL and RELEVANT information concerning Robbie Farah’s position at the Wests Tigers, it will be deleted. If anyone wants to argue, find another forum to post on.

Recent Topics