Does Taylor has the respect of NRL players?

He might be a smart coach but does anyone actually like him and want to play for him?

They got so fed up at Souths one of their own players knocked him out.

It doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines here. Moltzen and Gibbs have already bagged him directly and indirectly. You know they would be talking to some of the current players in first grade who hold similar views but cant say it for fear of reprisal.

Telling your club captain with 2 rounds to go that not only he wont be required and needs to find a new club but also that he will be playing reserve grade in 2016. It seems seems once again poorly handled, with little to no class and potential for plenty of fall out with fans and players.

Taylor might be right about fixing the cap, and fixing the defence, and structures and game plans and time line and all this hoppla he goes on about it. Wont matter though when he is in there on the white board at half time drawing diagrams if the players basically roll their eyes and think mate, we dont even respect you.

I have never doubted Taylor has a smart operator in some respects but the best coaches have 100% respect and a auru around them i just know if Taylor can command it in regards to his man management.

That is the thing i believe he has lost the dressing room and they don’t respect the bloke .
It’s funny when Taylor 1st came to the Club how highly he was talking about his Captain ( Farah ) and now his shafting him . To me Taylor can feel the pressure and if he has quoted in saying that " if Farah stays he will be playing Reserve Grade " what an absolute insult . Taylor knows it’s only a matter of time for him as well , it really shows the Character of the bloke .

Taylor is maybe trying to get one on the chin from Farah on Mad Monday 😆

Even his kids boo him…

Hey……lets get a GOOD coach

@foreveratiger:

That is the thing i believe he has lost the dressing room and they don’t respect the bloke .
It’s funny when Taylor 1st came to the Club how highly he was talking about his Captain ( Farah ) and now his shafting him . To me Taylor can feel the pressure and if he has quoted in saying that " if Farah stays he will be playing Reserve Grade " what an absolute insult . Taylor knows it’s only a matter of time for him as well , it really shows the Character of the bloke .

Can you give us a link that quote?

Well it has been said before……

Sheens lost the dressing room,Potter lost the dressing room,now Taylors lost the dressing room…

I think a fair amount of players shouldnt be in the dressing room if they dont want to relate to the coach…

It has even been said on here about the defense of some of the players,simple if you cant tackle you shouldnt be in the FG side,this is professional rugby league…I watched the Knights beat the Storm the other night and their defense was fantastic,and our team is a much better side in my opinion…ARM GRABBING…how pathetic coming from professional players…

This mob is the classic case of “throwing the toys out of the cot”,when things are to tough or not going the way they want…

@innsaneink:

What’s Bellyache up to next year. 👿

@TrueTiger:

Sheens lost the dressing room,Potter lost the dressing room,now Taylors lost the dressing room…

I think a fair amount of players shouldnt be in the dressing room if they dont want to relate to the coach…

It has even been said on here about the defense of some of the players,simple if you cant tackle you shouldnt be in the FG side,this is professional rugby league…I watched the Knights beat the Storm the other night and their defense was fantastic,and our team is a much better side in my opinion…ARM GRABBING…how pathetic coming from professional players…

This mob is the classic case of “throwing the toys out of the cot”,when things are to tough or not going the way they want…

Maybe they need to paint the dressing room door fluro orange.

@diedpretty:

@foreveratiger:

Can you give us a link that quote?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-26/if-i-stay-i-will-be-playing-reserve-grade-says-farah/6725976

Robbie Farah told by Wests Tigers if he stays he will be playing reserve grade
Updated 23 minutes ago

Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah
PHOTO: Robbie Farah has been a mainstay of the Tigers for over a decade. (Getty Images: Renee McKay)
RELATED STORY: Titans not looking to sign Farah, says coach HenryRELATED STORY: Robbie Farah set to part ways with Tigers
MAP: Sydney 2000
Robbie Farah has revealed the Tigers told him he will not play NRL if he remains at the club next season.

On Tuesday night, Wests revealed the skipper had been granted permission to look elsewhere despite still having two years remaining on his contract.

It is not a release but Farah, who said he is “not willing to walk away without a fight”, told reporters after training on Wednesday morning: “I’ve been told if I stay I will be playing reserve grade.”

It is a bitter pill to swallow for the hooker, who has spent over a decade with the club since making his debut in 2003 and desperately wants to remain a one-club player.

“I love this club. I’ve given blood sweat and tears to this club. I’ve given everything,” he said.

“The biggest thing for me all my career was to finish as a one-club player,” added Farah, who has played more games for the club than anyone in history.

“It was something that meant a lot to me and in the past I’ve stayed here through a lot of tough times when I’ve had opportunities to leave, but the thing that kept me here was I’m a local junior and it’s a club that is dear to my heart.”

Further to that, with the Tigers’ final two games being played at Campbelltown and Sydney’s Olympic stadium, Farah said it was “a massive dagger in my heart” to know he will likely never again play for the Tigers at their spiritual home, Leichhardt Oval.

Have your say: What do you think of the Wests Tigers’ decision to cut captain Robbie Farah from their squad?
“The fact that I won’t get a proper farewell to the fans and the club and my team-mates … is disappointing because of what I have done here,” he said.

“And it would have been nice to go out in a better fashion.”

Media player: “Space” to play, “M” to mute, “left” and “right” to seek.
VIDEO: If I stay I will be playing reserve grade: Farah (ABC News)
Speculation is rife as to where the New South Wales rake may land, with South Sydney appearing the early front-runners as the premiers have lost Kiwis hooker Issac Luke to the Warriors and Farah’s brother Eddie is a member of the training staff.

But Farah would not be drawn on the guesswork, saying Souths is a great club but his main focus is on helping the 16th-placed Tigers avoid the wooden spoon.

While clearly ill-at-ease with the call, Farah said he understood the club’s salary-cap issues coupled with his back-loaded contract meant it would be “difficult for them to keep me here”.

The State of Origin hooker said it had always been his intention to remain a one-club player but the Tigers have prevented him from realising that goal.

Coach Jason Taylor did not reveal much when asked about the reason for the club’s decision.

“We have given Robbie permission to negotiate and we don’t have any more to say about it,” he said.

Former Tigers captain Ben Elias sais the decision reeks of off-field problems at the Tigers.

“It is a sudden shock, and for the life of me I can’t understand why,” Elias told Fox Sports.

A Club in crisis .

What a disgrace treating a bloke the way they have , regarless of his form on the field .

We all need to understand that this situation has been some years in the making. With both Farah and Lawrence on heavily back ended contracts which were signed a long time ago, the crunch has now come. This club is a business and the books have to balance even if it means that club heroes are pushed out. For myself, I find it upsetting but the reality is that Wests Tigers are at least making an attempt to get things right financially and the future of the club depends on hard nosed business decisions.

Even though it is normally unproductive to apportion blame, I don’t think the blame lies with the head coach or any other current officials; all the ingredients for a perfect storm were set in train years ago and have now been realised. I don’t think there is any option for our current office holders but to put things right by whatever means necessary.

@TrueTiger:

This is a great post.

The majority of this team is so young that they need to be following/relating to the coach, rather than listening to the veterans grumblings about all the new systems being put in place. I also watched that Knights game, and just as they did against us, they played with energy and determination throughout the contest. Something which the Tigers are capable of for 30 mins a game, and the Tigers are a better team. The arm grabbing and softness in defence is horrendous at times, almost as bad as the ill-discipline around the ruck. These kids and club need new leaders urgently, on and off the field.

In the OP, there is so much speculation and conjecture its laughable. The sulking by former players and outgoing players is amateur hour, pay no attention, it paints an even darker image of the club than it already has. The club needs focus on future success and changes in the club culture.

@sideline eye:

We all need to understand that this situation has been some years in the making. With both Farah and Lawrence on heavily back ended contracts which were signed a long time ago, the crunch has now come. This club is a business and the books have to balance even if it means that club heroes are pushed out. For myself, I find it upsetting but the reality is that Wests Tigers are at least making an attempt to get things right financially and the future of the club depends on hard nosed business decisions.

Even though it is normally unproductive to apportion blame, I don’t think the blame lies with the head coach or any other current officials; all the ingredients for a perfect storm were set in train years ago and have now been realised. I don’t think there is any option for our current office holders but to put things right by whatever means necessary.

Correct.
Farah hinted today that the way his contract was put together was part of the reason for his situation. So he is in some way responsible, in part, because surely he has the final say on the contract that he signs.

As for the “I’ve been told I’ll play reserve grade” if I stay, even he said that it’s probably only said as a way to get him to go. JT probably said to him that his plans going forward are to based on keeping Cherrington.

This is as good a time as any for the NRL to stop heavily back-loaded contracts. They don’t have to be equal every year but surely they have to reasonable?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@innsaneink:

… For $50k

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Yeah, cos Gibbs would have first hand experience having never played under him. And Moltzen is a reliable source as well having played in NSW cup the last 3 yrs. Notice so far the only players who have graced us with their valued opinions have been members of the old boys club. I’m sure Heignno, Ryan and Marshall will give us their unwanted opinions next.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme