Who wants to come here

I’m seeing all these ideas of who to sign players like Wade Grahm, David Klemmer and even Jamal Idris but can someone tell me why anyone would want to sign with us the media are going to be all over us for the next few weeks

Whats the benefits of joining this club having a pro coach in Jason Taylor or maybe even playing at a club where there all about loyalty and respect

You’ll be joking if you think top players would want to come here unless we make finals next year which is apparently what they are expecting to happen next year is a make or break season for the Wests Tigers

If we keep the players we have now I see big improvements for the Tigers in the years to come

WE CAN ONLY HOPE

We can’t afford the top players anyway

@teddy23:

I’m seeing all these ideas of who to sign players like Wade Grahm, David Klemmer and even Jamal Idris but can someone tell me why anyone would want to sign with us the media are going to be all over us for the next few weeks

Whats the benefits of joining this club having a pro coach in Jason Taylor or maybe even playing at a club where there all about loyalty and respect

You’ll be joking if you think top players would want to come here unless we make finals next year which is apparently what they are expecting to happen next year is a make or break season for the Wests Tigers

If we keep the players we have now I see big improvements for the Tigers in the years to come

WE CAN ONLY HOPE

A lot of people are assuming we are letting Farah go so we can sign some players. Must be their coping mechanism or something because it is just not happening. Not untill 2017 at least.

I disagree with the comments about who wants to come here. We should just get our cap in order and make signings that make sense. If certain players don’t want to come here who cares. There will be plenty of players looking for the opportunity to play for us. We have some great young players and I can see us turning into a quality team over the next couple of years.

It’s all about the Money Money Money…don’t worry bout the price tag…

That will be answered when someone leaves .

We aren’t the first team to release a big name player and won’t be the last. Neither will we be the last to make a PR bungle.
As steve says, we simply need to get the cap in order (hence why we’re shifting out the bad contracts), and then we’ll be able to make some noise.

Parramatta are possibly even more of a basketcase than WT both on and off the field, and yet they’re able to attract quality players.

@ricksen:

We aren’t the first team to release a big name player and won’t be the last. Neither will we be the last to make a PR bungle.
As steve says, we simply need to get the cap in order (hence why we’re shifting out the bad contracts), and then we’ll be able to make some noise.

Parramatta are possibly even more of a basketcase than WT both on and off the field, and yet they’re able to attract quality players.

I think Parra have attracted a few players due to the relationship they have with the existing coach - I think Taylor would have trouble attracting a fly to a bbq.

@ricksen:

Maybe that’s because they were quite happy, as quite a number of NRL clubs, to push the envelope with regards to CAP dealings. They took the risk that if they were caught a few years down the track they would only face a relatively small penalty and that is exactly what eventuated. There is no way that those sort of dealings would occur with Wests Tigers current administration.

@Muffstar:

@ricksen:

I think Parra have attracted a few players due to the relationship they have with the existing coach - I think Taylor would have trouble attracting a fly to a bbq.

Fair point.
Hence why the next 12 mths are vitally important, especially in terms of recruitment. We’ll either be doing fairly well, so that players will likely want to come and play with an exciting young team that’s very much on the up; or alternatively we’ll be struggling again and JT will be a dead man walking and we’ll have to start the whole thing again.

@teddy23:

WE CAN ONLY HOPE

What I’d like you to do, Is go back and count on your fingers (1,2,3,4 etc…) How many note able players we’ve signed that have had an effect on the club since we won the comp.

• 10 years ago…
    I’m (Genrously) counting 6… In 10 years, as current premiers, Most exciting team in the comp, Most watched on TV, With the most capped (former NSW, 2nd most premierships and Aust) Coach.

NO ONE HAS EVER WANTED TO COME HERE AND WE’VE NEVER HAD MONEY TO GET ANYONE…
What’s the difference Between the last 10 years and today?
What’s the difference between 12th and 16th, Or 14th and 13th, Or 11th and 9th?
Nothing…
Is this the answer? I don’t know. Do I have the answer? No. Do I believe JT has? No.

But isn’t it better to try and fail. Than do nothing in hope that it will get better?
Next year if we finish last without Farah, What’s the difference between that and this - Except he isn’t costing us a mil a year.
For the last 10 years we could have played our state cup team, Saved ourselves 3/4 of the cap every year and we would be in exactly the same position we are now - “Maybe” a few more wooden spoons…

SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!!
WE HAVE TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!

Probably no one while ever Taylor is here
Only ones with no alternative ,
Players do talk to each other about clubs, coaches etc
The chances of anyone here recommending Taylor as a coach to his mates at other clubs is not great.
BTW Austin named as buy of the year, just in case anyone’s interested

Maybe player’s are put of coming here, is because of Farah!!! Just a thought

Players with talent who are under rated their current club - i.e. Marty Tapau.

@Newtown:

Players with talent who are under rated their current club - i.e. Marty Tapau.

I think that these are the best signings anyway. Its honestly a non-issue to me.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme