Your view on what's wrong with Wests Tigers?

Well as we all know we haven’t had the best last 3 or 4 years and with lots of changes happening to our club over this time it does seem as though from the outside looking in that things are progressively getting worse.

So we have gone through the Tim Sheens saga who released club favourites, signed Adam Blair and went backwards in 2012 which lead to his sacking. Sheens eluded to senior players being behind it.

We then employed Mick Potter who we now know had his hands tied by the previous board with making important decisions at the club during his tenure. We had a poor 2013 and mixed results in 2014. Benji was moved on from the club, we saw the whole potter/Farah media storm that lead to potter being let go after the team absolutely tanked in the last 6 weeks of the season.

Which leads us to this year - a fresh start. Jason Taylor hired as head coach with a new board in place, things were looking good for a change. A seemingly United board and new coaching staff with a new vision, players released to make room in the cap to be competitive in the market, whole new s&c dept, new sponsors etc a plan for the future…. Well what followed was what is more than likely going to be our worst ever season, our club attempting to move on our club captain and in my opinion our best ever player under suspicious circumstances, a clearly frustrated playing group, extremely confused and angry fanbase etc we are officially the laughing stock of the NRL. As I type braith anasta just said we are the s***test club he ever played for on the Matty johns show as all of the others and audience laughed with him. The other day Sportsbet had a social media post and were explaining NFL terms for Australians… Eg stiff arm = fend, juke = sidestep etc… they had special teams = Wests Tigers. Seriously

This has been a very tough year as a supporter.

We hear a lot of things in the media and we form our own opinions based on what we see and what we hear. I am interested to know what is your view on what’s wrong with Wests Tigers or what has gone wrong with Wests Tigers and what do you think needs to be done to start heading in the right direction?

As mentioned in another thread the only positives I can find from our club at the moment are the talented young guys we are blessed with and the fact that the board and coaching staff do seem to be united and on the same page, I’m just very worried that’s it’s the wrong page… I have to say I do support the decision to move Farah on purely based on the fact that I believe he is not worth the 2million we are paying him for the next 2 years but I am extremely disappointed with the way it has been handled. In my opinion Robbie deserves so much more respect and to be told you can go but if you stay you’ll be in reserve grade…honestly that is so disheartening and dissappointing to hear as a fan and I can’t understand what is going wrong at the Tigers anymore.

Please provide your feedback

100% agree with everything you just said and to hear Anasta say that is just a clear example of the sort of player he was!

@teddy23:

100% agree with everything you just said and to hear Anasta say that is just a clear example of the sort of player he was!

This is whats wrong with the club. What Anasta has said might hurt but it is the truth. As sad as the reality of that is its the truth.

We have been a joke of a club for a long time now, this new board is now backing a coach who time will show to be a bust.

It continues.

@Tiger In The Gong:

@teddy23:

This is whats wrong with the club. What Anasta has said might hurt but it is the truth. As sad as the reality of that is its the truth.

We have been a joke of a club for a long time now, this new board is now backing a coach who time will show to be a bust.

It continues.

Well said

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Lack of money, primarily, is what’s wrong.

The club is only wrong in hiring “Deadbeats” like Anasta.

BIG money - little reward.

What’s wrong with Wests Tigers? Where do we start, might be easier to ask and answer what’s right with Wests Tigers 😆

As for Anasta, he has lost all credibility in my eyes. Whether you think that or not, you don’t just come out and publicly say stuff like that about a club you played for. This guy must have a real axe to grind because he can’t seem to shut up since he left - completely classless. Get over yourself, tosser. You may well call us the ****est club you played for, but you were also certainly our ****est signing by a long shot!

He played for easts and the dogs. Of course we’re the worst club. It’s a light hearted segment, i had a laugh.

A useless coach, a player retention and acquisition policy that is non existent, no CEO, a board that is hell bent on destroying our once mighty club, too much focus on corporate crap and treating members and supporters like we don’t matter.

We need Harry to take over the reins, put some smart executives in charge, pour some dollars in and get rid of the nuff nuffs like Taylor and the board.

@Russell:

The club is only wrong in hiring “Deadbeats” like Anasta.

BIG money - little reward.

I agree that Anasta is everything that is wrong with the club. We signed a washed up player who offered next to nothing for us.

My take is that its as simple as making poor decisions based on who we sign. Taylor has been a terrible coach. Signing Robbie and Benji to long term over-inflated contracts or offering them and over-inflated contract and then not going through with it is not the right approach. Signing Blair on massive money was stupid. Signing Anasta was stupid. Its a bunch of these poor decisions that have stuffed us.

If we start making the right decisions going forward then we will soon be going a lot better. I think getting rid of Benji and now Robbie were decisions that had to be made but at the same time I don’t really agree with it. We should have offered them fair amounts of money. Unfortunately we didn’t.

Sadly, the bloke is right. We’re a basketcase.

Still think money vs output he is the worst signing in this clubs history. Absolute passenger.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

The root cause of the problem is that because of stupid irresponsible financial dealings carried out by previous administrations the club is very broke financially. This has lead to all sorts of problems which bring the club deeper and deeper into the abyss.

I guess we all agree that for the past 5 years we have been a basket case of a club, that’s a given. Dumb signings, dumb management and giving too much power to the inmates of the asylum.

The past board had their chance to drag this club out of the mire and failed miserably. Gave Potter no power what so ever which resulted in him having no respect from the players.
Potter only wanted a 2 year deal on Farah which would have avoided this shite fight but no,Mayer and his cronies giive him a 4 year deal that along with Lawrences back ended deal leaves us buggered with our cap.

New board in and really, what did we want them to do in their first year? They do what every other business would do in our situation. Get rid of nonperformers, trouble makers and excess fat which is what they have done. Lay a platform where we are in a position to go forward not put up with the same abysmal overall performances of the past.

They appoint Taylor as coach and like him or not we are stuck with him for the next 2 years. They don’t have the cash to pay him out nor can they afford an upgrade in a coach to someone like Bellyache. So we may as well get on board and see where the ride takes us.
We wanted professional people on the board and that’s what we got. We put up with those other muppets
for years for little result so let them do their job and cross fingers their master plan will bring us a little success for a change.
I may be looking through rose coloured glasses but hey, I’m a Wests Tigers tragic, been doing it for years!

We are just dumb and it does not look like we are getting any smarter either. A perfect example is Farah agree or disagree his got to go isn’t my main issue. The timing and the fact as a consequence of the poor timing means we have to pay for him to play for someone else. Be smarter please. I run a business and if I followed the WT model I would be broke.

@Eye Of Da Tiger:

We are just dumb and it does not look like we are getting any smarter either. A perfect example is Farah agree or disagree his got to go isn’t my main issue. The timing and the fact as a consequence of the poor timing means we have to pay for him to play for someone else. Be smarter please. I run a business and if I followed the WT model I would be broke.

I actually think this is evidence to the contrary. ‘We’ as in the current WT administration are not the dumb ones. It is arguably dumb to have given Farah the contract he is on, but that is not attributable to the current admin. The timing of his release, if he actually goes, appears to be more due to the reported rift between him and the coach and the rest of the playing squad. All good decisions by the current WT admin in my book.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme