ANY solutions to this mess ?

ok, so a lot of heart felt comments. alot of back and forth…. but does anyone have any positive solutions to this mess ?
currently - proven, in the open, admitted, denied, suggested or hearsay this is what you have.

a young team on the cusp of the wooden spoon
a young team who have not responded to any of the game plans or structures the coach has installed
a young team that (believe it or not) has lost confidence in the coach - as far back as round 7 this year.
A coach that is now sacking the captain because their personal relationship is untenable.
A coach that has stated we cannot afford to have 900K player in our cap - but is still prepared to pay the majority of that per year for 2 years
a coach that has stated his 900k+ captain will play reserves if he chooses to stay
All of which done so at a time where other clubs have virtually spent their cap and locked in their 2016 roster
a club that now faces the possibility that their long serving captain (everything included) might actually stay and play in reserves but still be viable for SOO.
A decision that is viewed as being completely baffling - of nature, of timing, of any rationale.

surely someone has something positive to offer other than - lets continue to kill the moral of this young side and if by round 7 next year we are no better situation, the coach will go ???

I spent ages trying to think of one, but have come up empty.

What mess bobo? Robbie has been told that he does not fit in with the clubs plans going forward and that he should look for another club. Pretty straightforward - happens pretty regularly at all clubs.

There will be a problem; however, if Robbie digs in his heels and the coach and board relent and play him in first grade next year. It would be a signal to the NRL generally that nothing has changed at the Tigers. The coach and board don’t have control of the WT destiny and that the senior players still run the show. Now that would be a mess!

What’s your stake in this bobo? If I didn’t know better I would suggest you are directly affiliated with the club, or you are close to someone who is.

@willow:

What’s your stake in this bobo? If I didn’t know better I would suggest you are directly affiliated with the club, or you are close to someone who is.

I am thinking the same.
I wonder if the 125 number is a wests tigers player number, not necessarily that order.
Funny how he appeared only very recently.
Why not come out and admit who your are.

@willow:

i have no stake whatso ever.
i am generally shocked by this move as the communication and reasoning put forward by the club just does not stand up.

regardless of the name JT, its the overall decision by this club that is baffling.

how does a club say it is prepared to pay the best part of 900k for a play to move on in the same sentence as “salary cap pressure”

how does the club address the lack of confidence amongst the “young / brightest futures in the nrl” squad towards their coach and his failed structures.

surely their are some very smart fans out their who can see through the usual media rhetoric and throw something up that is worth thinking about ?

How do you now reinvigorate this young team and make them believe the club is one that stands by its emblem

I read in another thread that instructions were sent out by the coach to Farah but Farah refused to carry out the instructions, I have also read that JT lost the team from round 7, like most I do not know where the truth lies it’s either Robbie being defiant thinking he knows best or Robbie being the mouthpiece for the team most of whom have lost confidence in the coach and Farah is speaking up in their behalf. The fact that the Board appears to be backing JT as they haven’t sacked him and assuming they have spoken to players to find out what is going on, the conclusion one can draw is that Farah is acting alone and taking on the coach not reflecting the views of the squad but his own, which is hard to accept as I have followed this club for years and admired Farah as our club captain and rep player. It would be easier to sack JT than Farah which swings the pendulum against Farah. If the Board isn’t doing its home work and being aware of what is going on amongst the players then they should be the first to go.

The whole culture needs to change. People need to be held accountable. It starts from the top. Players need to be signed not solely on ability but also on how they fit in with the team’s culture. The team cannot have individuals. Look at how successful teams perform in all sports. Look at the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA and how they recruit and their GM RC Buford.

Has anyone read the book Legacy? If not have a read of it. It’s about the culture at the all blacks and accountability. Each player having a role for the greater good of the team. The all blacks sweep and clean their own change rooms after a game as no one cleans up after them. They are accountable. Benny Ikin also recommended it.

@tsjonathan:

The whole culture needs to change. People need to be held accountable. It starts from the top. Players need to be signed not solely on ability but also on how they fit in with the team’s culture. The team cannot have individuals. Look at how successful teams perform in all sports. Look at the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA and how they recruit and their GM RC Buford.

Has anyone read the book Legacy? If not have a read of it. It’s about the culture at the all blacks and accountability. Each player having a role for the greater good of the team. The all blacks sweep and clean their own change rooms after a game as no one cleans up after them. They are accountable. Benny Ikin also recommended it.

Haven’t read it but heard Ikin refer to it on 360.

@fibrodreaming:

What mess bobo? Robbie has been told that he does not fit in with the clubs plans going forward and that he should look for another club. Pretty straightforward - happens pretty regularly at all clubs.

There will be a problem; however, if Robbie digs in his heels and the coach and board relent and play him in first grade next year. It would be a signal to the NRL generally that nothing has changed at the Tigers. The coach and board don’t have control of the WT destiny and that the senior players still run the show. Now that would be a mess!

No! It would be a signal to not sign contracts that they can’t, or don’t want tokeep. And a sign that a player is going to do exactly what he signed to do. If he digs in his heels and fulfils his contract, the geniuses who run this club will have to fulfil their side of the contract and even if they play him in reserve grade, then they will have saved absolutely nothing at all, except for making themselves look like fools again. As one of our most experienced player and one of our best, will be breezing through a NSW cup season, while JT and his board mates will be overseeing another ordinary season which will be a mirror image of this one.
I’d think it was great to see any player stand up to the clubs that sign players and then just dump them when they no longer want them. It’s been happening for too many years. And this may just stop it . I also think that the reverse should apply also, that players who sign contracts should be made to stay where they signed.
Like clubs, no one holds a gun at their heads to sign in the first place.
If they don’t want to do that, then they should have to sit out out the time left on their contract.

@willow:

Not having a dig at you or anyone Willow, but what’s it matter who he /she is, the vast majority here are anonymous.
He’s /she’s got an opinion like everyone else and the right to post it
A lot of the posts here are so far wrong, that it’s ridiculous, so if its wrong or right what’s it matter?
All of us have been wrong at times, some just more than others
I’ve noticed other new posters here over the last few days, it’s logical as
A lot of people who wouldn’t have bothered to post, probably feel strongly about this stuff up that they have decided to have their say this time

the media and the fans want a victim and a villain but the fact is, it’s always somewhere in the middle.

it’s a two way street: when you spend hours and hours with each other every week, you’re bound to have disagreements and issues. unfortunately for farah, he’s had these disagreements boil over with every coach from what i can tell. he might’ve been right about each coach- you’ll never know but right now WT and farah have parted ways which is probably best for both parties. the bad thing is the timing which i can’t figure out how it’s gonna benefit any party.

@bobo125:

@willow:

i have no stake whatso ever.
i am generally shocked by this move as the communication and reasoning put forward by the club just does not stand up.

regardless of the name JT, its the overall decision by this club that is baffling.

how does a club say it is prepared to pay the best part of 900k for a play to move on in the same sentence as “salary cap pressure”

how does the club address the lack of confidence amongst the “young / brightest futures in the nrl” squad towards their coach and his failed structures.

surely their are some very smart fans out their who can see through the usual media rhetoric and throw something up that is worth thinking about ?

How do you now reinvigorate this young team and make them believe the club is one that stands by its emblem

1. Farah plays 2016 and retires or plays UK ESL in 2017
2. Taylor is sacked immediately and paid out from Farah’s 2017 salary.
3. Toovey is brought in immediately.

@goldcoast tiger:

@willow:

Not having a dig at you or anyone Willow, but what’s it matter who he /she is, the vast majority here are anonymous.
He’s /she’s got an opinion like everyone else and the right to post it
A lot of the posts here are so far wrong, that it’s ridiculous, so if its wrong or right what’s it matter?
All of us have been wrong at times, some just more than others
I’ve noticed other new posters here over the last few days, it’s logical as
A lot of people who wouldn’t have bothered to post, probably feel strongly about this stuff up that they have decided to have their say this time

GC,you are absolutely correct in what you say,I have been at the end of one of your posts a few times and yes we are mostly anonymous,albeit I have my photo with others from the forum get together posted on here and dont care one bit…
My only arguement is why did “BoBo” join on weds morning after this latest drama with Robbie and vent his absolute hatred toward Taylor when he clearly stated that the playing group had lost confidence in Taylor after round 7…shouldnt he have joined then and voiced his somewhat angry opinion of Taylor then…he clearly despises Taylor…myself Im willing to let Taylor get on with his job and I will judge him mid next season…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme