2016 inexperience

Hey guys first post, with the club offloading or trying to offload Galloway Farah Lawrence Richards and I doubt they will resign halatau, who will lead the side?

I think most would agree it will be woods, but with no experienced recruitment for next year do we have hope at all in making the 8

And if Cherington is first choice number 9 that’s got to be the most inexperienced spine and with woods being the most experienced player in the team on just over 100 games

Just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on next years squads lack of experience

It’s a worry, however i’d rather have that worry than having the idea that someone is knifing our team from the inside.

Will be Woods, should be Lawrence.

I’d go with the theory that these kids are our future.

Curtis Sironen is the Leader of these young men, not Aaron.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Tiger Watto:

I’d go with the theory that these kids are our future.

Curtis Sironen is the Leader of these young men, not Aaron.

Yeah i think he may go with one of the young ones, Teddy may be an option aswell.

@underdog:

It’s a worry, however i’d rather have that worry than having the idea that someone is knifing our team from the inside.

The only knifing is coming from the coach! I doubt we will be able to field a decent side next year if we get hit with injuries!

Surely if Farah goes , Halatau will get one more year ?
He’d be my choice of leading the pack next year .

A non rugby league board and inexperienced coach, making massive decisions.
Way to go!!!
Hope it works out, no players will come here after we show how we treat a club legend!

I hate to say it but I cant see us winning too many games next year.marina go said she expects us to climb the ladder next year around the eight but honestly shes dreaming.with only about 20 players on our books next year I don’t know where the other 5 to 8 will come from.its all and good to keep on blooding young guys but when they get thumped week after week heads will drop.players like joel luani,jack buchanan and kurtis rowe are not first graders and never will be and cant be re-signed.

@hobbo2803:

Surely if Farah goes , Halatau will get one more year ?
He’d be my choice of leading the pack next year .

What’s wrong with Chee Cam

@lathami:

A non rugby league board and inexperienced coach, making massive decisions.
Way to go!!!
Hope it works out, no players will come here after we show how we treat a club legend!

They do have Phil Moss who is quite experienced. From tigers website in September 2014……“Moss will take on the newly created General Manager of Football Operations role, having most recently held a similar position at the Penrith Panthers. Moss also spent eight years at the Parramatta Eels with his most recent position as Chief Operating Officer”

@GNR4LIFE:

Will be Woods, should be Lawrence.

I agree. The captains biggest role in the modern game is manipulating/managing the refs. No doubt Wwodsman could lead by example but I think you need someone well-spoken who can rationalize coherently with the refs. I love Woods as a player and as a character but I think he’s more likely to get the refs offside by making smartass comments. If Lawrence isn’t there then Woods or Halatau.

any seasoned former nrl players in esl that are looking to come back?

My money would be on Lawrence. Experience, demonstrated commitment, respected by the playing group, willing to do whatever is necessary.

I like Sironen or Woods to drive team motivation, vice captains.

The man who i think will be the future captain not next year but defiantly will be in the future is Mitch Moses plays and acts like a leader

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme