So....

… It seems most people here want a coach that has no say who is in His team.

I see

We really have progressed haven’t we?

We want someone to come in here, clean all the crap up that former managment have put in place and sort out the playing roster.
That’s until someone comes here and actually does it. Then it’s a disgrace.

Col put it best in another thread. For yrs supporters have been demanding accountability, and now they’re getting what they’ve demanded. Be careful what you wish for as the saying goes.

@gallagher:

We want someone to come in here, clean all the crap up that former managment have put in place and sort out the playing roster.

This would seem to be the situation at the moment.
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

I think most people taking emotion aside are quite ok with Farah being told to look elsewhere. everyone agrees he is not playing anywhere near like a 900 K player and captain. Tough calls do need to be made.

I think it is more the fact the people have little faith in Taylor based on how he has got the squad to perform so far. And telling Farah he will he playing reserve grade and training with the part time squad was disrespectful for mine.

It would be disrespectful if that was said to the media. Being told that in a private meeting is just honesty.

Wayne Benett makes these descisions and every one gives him the benefit of the doubt, problem is our coach hasn’t shown the same success. We are last but this maybe the rite choice who knows? If we were showing real improvement through out the year and near the 8 alot of people would be more optimistic he is making the rite call and have more faith. I know that’s how i personally feel.

I know that i am all in favour of making tough decisions and getting things right however the timing in all of this and the way it has been done is quite disgraceful.Robbie is definately coming to the end of his career it should have been mentioned to him at 2-3 months ago so that he could find another club before the rosters are full even if we still have to top up his contract.Doing it this late in the season makes it very difficult to get a contact and we could quite conceivably be paying nearly all of it. hardly a win/win situation at the moment it is lose/lose and smacks of incompetence and bias.I wonder when the board was made aware of all of this not that we will ever know

@jadtiger:

I know that i am all in favour of making tough decisions and getting things right however the timing in all of this and the way it has been done is quite disgraceful.Robbie is definately coming to the end of his career it should have been mentioned to him at 2-3 months ago so that he could find another club before the rosters are full even if we still have to top up his contract.Doing it this late in the season makes it very difficult to get a contact and we could quite conceivably be paying nearly all of it. hardly a win/win situation at the moment it is lose/lose and smacks of incompetence and bias.I wonder when the board was made aware of all of this not that we will ever know

Maybe the club are hoping more for a player swap.

Like I stated in another thread; " A conductor cannot conduct his orchestra if his lead musician is always out of tune." The same applies to any football team with a coach.

@gallagher:

Best comment ever in the best thread ever started in all my years as a member of these forums. This highlights how fickle most are on these forums. Thanks for starting the thread Ink and thanks for this comment gallagher.

We need a disciplinarian who is tough and a track record better than the players he coaches.
No one would question Bellamy, Bennet, Macguire coming in and doing the. The issue is no one trusts this current administration. I believe we are on the rift track however, our inexperience and lack of a winning culture is shining through.

@innsaneink:

… It seems most people here want a coach that has no say who is in His team.

I see

We really have progressed haven’t we?

Ink - I think it depends. If the coach is a good coach then clearly he should control who is in the squad. If, however; the coach is not a good coach, then this role should fall to the captain.

That seems to be the consensus.

@gallagher:

Hit the nail on the head.

The clean up is happening, they are trying to fix the problems caused by prior admins, still not good enough for some and apparently ex-players have a right to complain about the club trying to fix the problems too.

Some of you blokes are off yer heads.

Taylor is a complete dud……sucked the life right out of us…blind Freddie could see it.

You coach to yer strengths…good coaches realize where there advantage is. Not try to change how they play cos the stats dont lie…dumb dumb dumb.

Why anyone would have faith in him is beyond me.

Why anyone would want him to stay and Robbie to go beggars belief!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme