Best case scenario

Unbelievably, we can still finish as high as 11th with a win next week.

Now, i’ve been a staunch supporter of Potter, but at the end of last yr we finished in 13th place. But given the amount of rubbish that has intensified over the last few days and people saying he’s sending the club backwards, 11th would be an actual improvement on last yr.

Thoughts?

Bring on 2016

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Shows how close and unique this years comp has been and yes would be very happy to see our blokes finish 11th after a year like this one has been.

We finished 13th under Potter with ten wins, if we finish 11th under Taylor it will be with eleven wins.

Potter had an injury depleted side, Taylor had a great run with injuries, Tedesco played every game as did Moses and Brooks.

I would love to finish higher on the ladder however this has been a terrible year.

@Milky:

We finished 13th under Potter with ten wins, if we finish 11th under Taylor it will be with eleven wins.

Potter had an injury depleted side, Taylor had a great run with injuries, Tedesco played every game as did Moses and Brooks.

We will have finished higher, regardless of how you want to paint it. If that’s the case, why should the assessment on JT be so brutal when he’s actually improved our position on the ladder.

I remember a lot of people at the start of the year suggesting a top 12 finish would be a pass mark.

All things considered an 11th place finish wouldn’t be to bad i guess…

@stevetiger:

I would love to finish higher on the ladder however this has been a terrible year.

No one can dispute that, but if we finish higher than last yr, surely it deserves acknowledgment.

We are a shambles forum members believe an 11th place finish following a 13th place finish is acceptable.

11th would be a great finish.

Looking at the Ladder tonight I realised if Luke Brooks wonky field goal scrapes over against the Bulldogs we would be sitting in 10th right now.

Given that you have to say that if we win next week (and given the other games a win should lock down 11th) then the season has both been an improvement and a success especially given how much weaker our squad is this year compared to last and that has to be down to the coaching staff.

This year we have had I think 10 losses by 12 points or less whereas last year all except 2 losses I think were by more then 12 (not 100% on this could be 10 points for both).

Just on a pure numbers basis our defence is 5.3 points per game better and our attack is 0.8 points per game better with us currently ranked 8th for attack and 11 for defence.

I am currently writing a season review and on an individual basis many players have played better then last yr stats wise and we have just been short a few players and a couple have had poor seasons some of which has been shown by announcements this week

@GNR4LIFE:

Thoughts?

Its times like these i wish Simon was back on the forum.

@GNR4LIFE:

@stevetiger:

No one can dispute that, but if we finish higher than last yr, surely it deserves acknowledgment.

I don’t think so. Taylor has had everything in his favour and this season has been terrible. I don’t understand how there can be any support for the guy now.

@TYGA:

We are a shambles forum members believe an 11th place finish following a 13th place finish is acceptable.

Its far from acceptable, but its an improvement. And the only reason i thought it was noteworthy was because of the amount of hatred JT has gotten all yr (which i admit, i gave my share) but particularly over the last week and how over the top it has been. Suddenly, JT hasn’t done the job people were making him out to have done.

@GNR4LIFE:

Thoughts?

Its funny how some people werent really big Jason Taylor fans until he tried to take down former Balmain boy Farah.

One field goal that just pushed wide in golden point goes the other way then we are 10th - that is way above expectations and JT should be congratulated given what a rabble this place was when he took over

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme