Tigers Premiership winner calls on Jason Taylor to walk

Premiership-winning ex-Wests Tigers forward Bryce Gibbs has called on coach Jason Taylor to exit the club after Robbie Farah embarrassed his boss with a starring performance in the 50-16 win over the Warriors.
Days after Taylor told him he could leave the club or play reserve grade next year, Farah responded with a man-of-the-match display that featured a try, three try assists and two line breaks.
Farah’s treatment and response earned him widespread support and opened Taylor up to ridicule, led by Gibbs.

Fans chanted ‘Robbie, Robbie’ after Farah opened the scoring at Campbelltown Stadium, while others showed their support with signs or via social media.
The Tigers skipper admitted he came into the game determined to make a point.
“I was at home last night and I thought ‘I’m just going to come out and get the mojo back and play a bit of my footy’ and it came off,” Farah said.
"After the week I’ve had, to put 50 on and the performance of the boys shows how tight we are here.

"We’re off the bottom of the ladder which is the main thing.
Asked about the support he’s received, Farah said: "It gave me goose-bumps. The Tigers fans have been absolutely outstanding…the general public, family and friends…they’ve all been there to support me.
"I’ve been down on confidence all year and the support I’ve had this week has been unbelievable, it’s been overwhelming.
“It’s made a tough week easy to handle.”

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

lol no direct quotes?

Here it is:

bryce gibbs @bryceegibbs
@robbiefarah man of the match, taylor needs to walk

I agree with him.

Say what you like about Gibbs, Beau, Moltzen etc. Like they got an axe to grind or what ever, maybe. However you know they talk to current players. Probably current players with the same views. They are only saying what some current guys cant. Not saying they all hate Taylor, but players talk, and this sort of stuff, well its a worry. There seems like there is some genuine dislike of him.

@Eddie:

Say what you like about Gibbs, Beau, Moltzen etc. Like they got an axe to grind or what ever, maybe. However you know they talk to current players. Probably current players with the same views. They are only saying what some current guys cant. Not saying they all hate Taylor, but players talk, and this sort of stuff, well its a worry. There seems like there is some genuine dislike of him.

I think they’re just standing up for a mate. Has anyone that’s not a mate of Farah called for taylors head?

@gallagher:

@Eddie:

I think they’re just standing up for a mate. Has anyone that’s not a mate of Farah called for taylors head?

Apart from the 4000 people on this forum?

Taylor is just like Farah he has a contract and at the end of day results will determine if he gets paid out or if his contract get extended.

It is very easy for the likes of Bryce Gibbs Beau Ryan or who ever to bag Taylor and the club, but our results have been abysmal,so hard calls need to be made. Not sure if the Farah call needed to be made but Iam also not privy to what really has been happening at camp Concord

i used to like this guy when he was here

I disagree with the foundation premise Gibbs uses in his comment.

Yes Robbie played a blinder. He demonstrated what we all knew he could do. He certainly made a statement to Taylor and WT management about what his on-field performance and leadership looks like when he wants.

Unfortunately that only underlines the questions most have been asking about his performance through the season. Where has that been?

In another thread a ‘Best case scenario’ is discussed. I’ll answer that here. Both Farah and Taylor have existing contracts. For the sake of the club, the two of them should sit together without managers etc and nut this out man to man. Cut out all the extraneous crap and talk about coaching and on field leadership. Acknowledge points of difference that can’t be resolved but come to an agreement about roles, expectations, a way forward and above all winning.

That may not be possible but for mine that is the best case scenario and a ‘win-win’ for both men. If they were able to do it, it would demonstrate strength and an ability to ‘rise above’ and underline both as leaders. If it happens we will make the 8 next year.

I think both Taylor and Farah need to go.

My take is Taylor is doing the that the board want to start this business fresh again. Once he achieves that we will have a new coach come in on a clean slate with cap room and ability to mould the roster as he sees fit.

Leading an article with the opinion of Bryce Gibbs. I love the bloke as a footballer, but let’s just let him have his rants on twitter and move on.

@cattivo:

Premiership-winning ex-Wests Tigers forward Bryce Gibbs has called on coach Jason Taylor to exit the club after Robbie Farah embarrassed his boss with a starring performance in the 50-16 win over the Warriors.
Days after Taylor told him he could leave the club or play reserve grade next year, Farah responded with a man-of-the-match display that featured a try, three try assists and two line breaks.
Farah’s treatment and response earned him widespread support and opened Taylor up to ridicule, led by Gibbs.

Fans chanted ‘Robbie, Robbie’ after Farah opened the scoring at Campbelltown Stadium, while others showed their support with signs or via social media.
The Tigers skipper admitted he came into the game determined to make a point.
“I was at home last night and I thought ‘I’m just going to come out and get the mojo back and play a bit of my footy’ and it came off,” Farah said.
"After the week I’ve had, to put 50 on and the performance of the boys shows how tight we are here.

"We’re off the bottom of the ladder which is the main thing.
Asked about the support he’s received, Farah said: "It gave me goose-bumps. The Tigers fans have been absolutely outstanding…the general public, family and friends…they’ve all been there to support me.
"I’ve been down on confidence all year and the support I’ve had this week has been unbelievable, it’s been overwhelming.
“It’s made a tough week easy to handle.”

Yes but why didn’t Farah play like he did yesterday in other games this season.
He hasn’t been playing his best- very inconsistent- if he had the spark that he displayed yesterday in all his club games this season, he may not be in the situation that he now finds himself in !

@NT Tiger:

I disagree with the foundation premise Gibbs uses in his comment.

Yes Robbie played a blinder. He demonstrated what we all knew he could do. He certainly made a statement to Taylor and WT management about what his on-field performance and leadership looks like when he wants.

Unfortunately that only underlines the questions most have been asking about his performance through the season. Where has that been?

In another thread a ‘Best case scenario’ is discussed. I’ll answer that here. Both Farah and Taylor have existing contracts. For the sake of the club, the two of them should sit together without managers etc and nut this out man to man. Cut out all the extraneous crap and talk about coaching and on field leadership. Acknowledge points of difference that can’t be resolved but come to an agreement about roles, expectations, a way forward and above all winning.

That may not be possible but for mine that is the best case scenario and a ‘win-win’ for both men. If they were able to do it, it would demonstrate strength and an ability to ‘rise above’ and underline both as leaders. If it happens we will make the 8 next year.

I agree with this post.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme