Team in Camp at Kiama

I was having a chat with a guy from the membership department who said the team was in a training camp at Kiama this week.

It made me think and realistically this is a very classy move by Sheens. After a big win against Parra when the media are going to be all over them and build a heap of expectation and hype, Sheens has taken them away from the spotlight and relaxed down in Kiama where they can concentrate on football and preparing for the Raiders.

This is a great move and one that i think could help our preparations for this weekend’s match.

Rather than every media hound chasing down Benji and doing a Jarryd Hayne style of ‘everyday in the media hype’, they will be more than comfortable out of the spotlight. Probably a good chance fpr Lote to get to know his teammates a bit better as well.

Thoughts?

we did this before the parra (at parra) game last year didn’t we?
it’s always a good move if you ask me - gets the guys focused and excited. Whilst win’s this early in the season don’t say much about the latter part of the year, every win here is a win we don’t have the get later and confidence can skyrocket.

well kiama is half way to canberra anyway

Kinda… half… not really.

@steven_tiger:

Kinda… half… not really.

yeah sort of

Hope they are behaving themselves!!

yeah i’m sure they’re giving the night life during the week in kiama a real hammering!

smart move by Sheens and as Kul said, a win in Rd 4 is as important as a win in Rd 24. they all mean 2 competition points no matter what time of the year it’s played and we can’t go into the match against Canberra with any complacency.

Last time they were going because they had been playing badly and needed to refocus. I hope Sheens reminds them of this to get their feet on the ground after last week’s good game. They need to be able to refocus every week!

@Kul:

we did this before the parra (at parra) game last year didn’t we?
it’s always a good move if you ask me - gets the guys focused and excited. Whilst win’s this early in the season don’t say much about the latter part of the year, every win here is a win we don’t have the get later and confidence can skyrocket.

I thought it was in the lead up to the Storm game at Leichardt when the Tigers were copping a bagging due to their defence at the time.

Good Move - This is what the gouys need ahead of two critical Away games to Canberra and Nth Qld.

Best thing s that trips like this are outside salary cap etc. These are the types of things that we didnt have cash for in the past.

@Spartan117:

Good Move - This is what the gouys need ahead of two critical Away games to Canberra and Nth Qld.

My thoughts exactly. A good preparation this week should hopefully solidify some form for what is realistically a tough two weeks of away football.

@alex:

yeah i’m sure they’re giving the night life during the week in kiama a real hammering!

smart move by Sheens and as Kul said, a win in Rd 4 is as important as a win in Rd 24. they all mean 2 competition points no matter what time of the year it’s played and we can’t go into the match against Canberra with any complacency.

All wins are good wins but the early wins are the ones that set your season, better to be a front runner than having to run over the top of the field to get to the post.It is important to get a winning streak going, you cant get a top four finish by winning every second week. In the past this team was not capable of turning up week in and week out but really those days are gone and now their is no excuses.

I love Kiama, fish & chips by the water watching the Pelicans…ah memories…take the kids to the blow hole should be good this time of year…

Sorry drifted off there…

@IronTiger:

I love Kiama, fish & chips by the water watching the Pelicans…ah memories…take the kids to the blow hole should be good this time of year…

Sorry drifted off there…

I will drift as well… The service at that place is horrible…

Kiama is pretty however Husky … now thats my fav.

@Spartan117:

@IronTiger:

Sorry drifted off there…

I will drift as well… The service at that place is horrible…

Kiama is pretty however Husky … now thats my fav.

agree the service is pretty slow but the grub is awesome…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme