What will the Board make of Taylor getting heckled and booed?

Makes for a fairly volatile atmosphere when your own coach is getting heckled and booed at home games. It does not happen much over here that i can think of, in the NRL anyway.

Happens plenty in over seas Soccer where fans even chant for the manager to get sacked. Sometimes they even stage protests and really go to every length possible.

Does not really happen over here.

Whos to say it does not continue? People think I’m a Taylor hater but I don’t write vitriolic stuff about him. There is plenty of that on face book and twitter from fellow Tigers fans.

Anyway, you win games it goes away. If he loses next year the booing will continue I imagine. I wouldn’t boo him but plenty did today. Obviously they are not booing because of the poor season but they will always attach him to this decision now right or wrong.

Interesting times ahead.

All part of the plan. I’m sure its a ‘We’ll I’m gunna have to make the tough decisions and members and fans are going to hate me but its in the best interest of the club, etc. etc.’

However, I think the bigger stitchie is the fact that after telling him to look elsewhere he comes up with a blinder. The only way this looks good for JT from the board POV is the fact that its still purportedly salary cap related and not form; else I dare say there would be problems.

I actually thought that the booing was disappointing. Totally understand the emotion people have over the circumstances that have unfolded this week. But I just didn’t feel that was necessary.

We have been in the business of sacking coaches for a while now without any success, so we take the other option and have the gall to actually look at the players and the indians start to get restless.

I want a club to actually be in the hunt for success most Septembers and not once every blue moon, now Taylor might be wrong with the Farah move, but really we need yo start winning or we are dead

Maybe because Taylor has handled the situation so badly.
There’s the question why are the WT so amateurish compared to other clubs?
Bennet goes back to Brisbane moves the roster to the way he wants the team to play and manages to move players on.
Or Des at the Dogs, players have moved on to other clubs and you hardly hear a negative word from the players affected.

I dont it is so much the decision itself coach. I think its the way it has been handled.

To have a meeting with Farah and the dinosaur Rod Reddy and tell him he will be playing reserves and not even training with the full time squad People thought that was disrespectful and I think it was.

I don’t think other coaches would have stooped to that low when dealing with a club captain. Even Bellemy and Bennett came out and said it was pretty sad and poor. Its like taylor ringing the radio station earlier this year after a loss to bite back, no other coach would have done that.

its a character trait in him that makes him unlikeable for mine and why he struggles to won over a group. I could be wrong and he could turn it around, however those couple of things were really poor for mine.

@supercoach:

We have been in the business of sacking coaches for a while now without any success, so we take the other option and have the gall to actually look at the players and the indians start to get restless.

I want a club to actually be in the hunt for success most Septembers and not once every blue moon, now Taylor might be wrong with the Farah move, but really we need yo start winning or we are dead

It is funny you mention this….5 of our 8 wins this year have coin-sided with a Full Moon …i kid you not…including today’s

@trafford10:

Bennet goes back to Brisbane moves the roster to the way he wants the team to play and manages to move players on.
Or Des at the Dogs, players have moved on to other clubs and you hardly hear a negative word from the players affected.

Welcome to the forum!

See your last sentence is it really. Players move on to other clubs and you never hear a negative word from the players… Yet Farah is asked and all hell breaks loose.

If Lewis and Jennings were the savvy and cunning operators that Farah is they probably would have, as it was they had a mini sulk and let bygones be bygones.

@MacDougall:

@trafford10:

Welcome to the forum!

See your last sentence is it really. Players move on to other clubs and you never hear a negative word from the players… Yet Farah is asked and all hell breaks loose.

If Lewis and Jennings were the savvy and cunning operators that Farah is they probably would have, as it was they had a mini sulk and let bygones be bygones.

The difference is Lewis and Jennings were wanted. Farah on the other hand…

Not much really… The season is a write off and only 1 week remains before the management can bunker down and hope this media massacre goes away.

If the fans still react like this next year, I’m certain they will be forced into making a decision. But, history shows us that once the player moves on, and the team starts winning, these fan based reactions die a slow death.

Taylor needs 2 things to happen in 2016 or he will be punted.

1. Farah has a new club.
2. He wins more games than he losses.

@supercoach:

Dosnt every club sack the coach if they are unsuccessful? Money and roster breeds success coupled with a sensible management. Bennett a great example.Unless you can replace the players you are axing with better ones you are on a hiding to nothing. Still trying to figure out who is going to fill the void that Galloway leaves next year. In saying that - hats off to McGregor this year who has done a great job with St George getting that team to play for a good part of the year to the best of their ability. But their roster has them placed in the end exactly where they should be.

If this forum is anything to go by, at least half the fans don’t want Farah gone.

Not concerned that they make noise about it, fans will boo and carry on about anything.

The board and JT won’t see anything into it, they know they would get heat from the decision especially before a home game at Campbelltown.

Eddie agree with your comments on JT he is very much like Farah with his ego and way of dealing with it and that worries me as well. Let’s hope regardless what happens the kids who have huge amount of talent aren’t left behind.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@supercoach:

This is the catch.

We’ve punted two coaches, this one looks to be struggling as well. Perhaps it’s not the coach?

It would of been expected no matter what happened score line wise

This is nothing , anyone remember the reaction over the Wally Lewis sacking ??

There were polls running in the Courier Mail with 97% of fans wanting Bennett gone and Lewis as C/C

The situations are very similar when you think about it except Lewis attracted far more players to the Broncos than Farah did to the WT’s

Oh and the SOO winning percentages and MOTM awards (not)

And how much a better player Lewis was than Farah

Actually not very similar at all LOL

Seriously though , they are similar , two clubs about to make massive changes personnel wise and taking a new direction

Back to back premierships would be nice like the Broncos /Lewis situation

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme