P&O Cruises

So me and the lady friend are going on our first holiday together just after Christmas. It’s a cruise to all the islands. Can’t remember which ones off top of my head, Numea is one i know.

Anyway, she’s done it before, but i haven’t. I’ve never even been out of the country as a matter of fact, only got my passport last week. Its probably a bit sad, but out of everything there is to experience, i’m mainly looking forward to the food 😊

Can’t say i’m that interested in the Islands, but i can’t wait to experience the ship life.

So my question is what can i expect? Has anyone on here ever done a cruise before? How was it, would you do it again, any interesting stories etc?

seems exciting mate! Ill be on a cruise at that time too haha, we go annually, what ship have you booked?

Some people get sea sick other don’t for the first few days. You can take tablets or get pissed. I got pissed don’t remember much of the cruise though!

The Poseidon Adventure .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Milky:

seems exciting mate! Ill be on a cruise at that time too haha, we go annually, what ship have you booked?

The new one, the Eden. Doesn’t arrive in Oz till November.

@GNR4LIFE:

@Milky:

Only P&O one i went on was the Pearl, best time of my life, you will love it. Only problem is december is too far away!

@sheer64:

Some people get sea sick other don’t for the first few days. You can take tablets or get pissed. I got pissed don’t remember much of the cruise though!

I think it depends on your make up. Some people i’ve spoken to can’t handle it, others have no problems. I’m hoping i’ll be good as i have a vomit streak to maintain, having not chundered since Easter 2002.

@hobbo2803:

The Poseidon Adventure .

That’s better than the Titanic i suppose.

@Milky:

@GNR4LIFE:

@Milky:

Only P&O one i went on was the Pearl, best time of my life, you will love it. Only problem is december is too far away!

Yes and no. We started planning it last xmas, and it felt like a lifetime away. We’re in September tomorrow, so its slowly creeping up.

We went on P&O cruise, some of the pacific islands the main one being New Caledonia.
Great time off and on the boat, buffets, dress up nights, bars, gym whatever you fancy.
Enjoy……

To be honest mate, like most things it really depends on you. I know your a forum contributed and many people already know but what’s your age etc?

I’ve been on two, one with a bunch of mates in my early 20’s and we really had to work on staying entertained.

The other was with the missus in my mid 30’s, relaxed, ate and drank our way through a glorious fortnight that really cemented the relationship.

Like most things, it’s what you make of it! I hope you enjoy it, take the iPhone and make sure you keep us updated, in fact don’t enjoy your holiday and WTF can wait.

@GNR4LIFE:

So me and the lady friend are going on our first holiday together just after Christmas. It’s a cruise to all the islands. Can’t remember which ones off top of my head, Numea is one i know.

Anyway, she’s done it before, but i haven’t. I’ve never even been out of the country as a matter of fact, only got my passport last week. Its probably a bit sad, but out of everything there is to experience, i’m mainly looking forward to the food 😊

Can’t say i’m that interested in the Islands, but i can’t wait to experience the ship life.

So my question is what can i expect? Has anyone on here ever done a cruise before? How was it, would you do it again, any interesting stories etc?

Scary
So similar to me atm
Everything is the same….but my partying days are long over, looking forward to some nice beaches and warm weather…we are going end Nov, Carniva cruises I think/…my better half organizing it all

Hey Gunners, LOOOONG time traveler/adventurer. Been to over 100 countries over the last 15 years. Lived in the Middle East for 24 months and China for 4 years. General advice for traveling mate, live in the moment, drop your western ideas that’s been drummed into you since birth, just soak it all up for where you are for that particular moment in time, immerse yourself in the local culture and roll with whatever comes your way.

Went on a cruise for my 21st birthday with 3 mates in 2000. Noumea, Port Villa, Isle of Pine etc etc. Had a blast and it is the catalyst for the travel bug that bit me hard big time. Im sure the prices have gone up heaps but when I did it, it was a P&O Cruise $900 for 12 nights in a 4 berth bunk bed style room on the Dolphin Deck. Worst memory of the trip, it was an inner berth so no natural light. We would be waking up at 6am thinking it was midday and 4pm thinking it was 10am. Get a berth with a window. lol. Best memories of the trip cant be written on a family friendly forum. 2 of us got horribly sea sick on the 2 nights that we didnt drink. At 21 we only cared about chasing girls and drinking most nights at the various waterholes (there was about 6 bars on the ship). During the days that werent Island drop offs they had on the ship, games, trivia events, stage shows. Theres a gym and a spa and heaps of deck chairs so just chill, relax and sun bake. Great times thinking about it now.

Im actually thinking of doing a pacific trip next year on a cruise with my Wife, she hasnt been on one and this time id get a balcony deck and 5 star the trip. Been all over the world and Id happily go on another trip, theres your recommendation and praise of the cruise life.

@innsaneink:

@GNR4LIFE:

Scary
So similar to me atm
Everything is the same….but my partying days are long over, looking forward to some nice beaches and warm weather….we are going end Nov, Carniva cruises I think/…my better half organizing it all

As are mine. Though, mine never really started tbh.

@fairdinkum:

Hey Gunners, LOOOONG time traveler/adventurer. Been to over 100 countries over the last 15 years. Lived in the Middle East for 24 months and China for 4 years. General advice for traveling mate, live in the moment, drop your western ideas that’s been drummed into you since birth, just soak it all up for where you are for that particular moment in time, immerse yourself in the local culture and roll with whatever comes your way.

Went on a cruise for my 21st birthday with 3 mates in 2000. Noumea, Port Villa, Isle of Pine etc etc. Had a blast and it is the catalyst for the travel bug that bit me hard big time. Im sure the prices have gone up heaps but when I did it, it was a P&O Cruise $900 for 12 nights in a 4 berth bunk bed style room on the Dolphin Deck. Worst memory of the trip, it was an inner berth so no natural light. We would be waking up at 6am thinking it was midday and 4pm thinking it was 10am. Get a berth with a window. lol. Best memories of the trip cant be written on a family friendly forum. 2 of us got horribly sea sick on the 2 nights that we didnt drink. At 21 we only cared about chasing girls and drinking most nights at the various waterholes (there was about 6 bars on the ship). During the days that werent Island drop offs they had on the ship, games, trivia events, stage shows. Theres a gym and a spa and heaps of deck chairs so just chill, relax and sun bake. Great times thinking about it now.

Im actually thinking of doing a pacific trip next year on a cruise with my Wife, she hasnt been on one and this time id get a balcony deck and 5 star the trip. Been all over the world and Id happily go on another trip, theres your recommendation and praise of the cruise life.

Times have changed you’re right. We’re paying over 2 grand each for 12 nights.

I can’t wait, the closer it gets, the more excited i get. Its only just starting to feel real.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.