Bookend Required

Looking at our stocks up front we are in dire need of a prop. The only props available are:

Dodds, Hannatt, Matagi, Rose, Tom L-Lahrs, Mason or Prior.

For me Matt Prior would be best bet, has experience & still in his 20’s. The rest are too old or too inexperienced. T L-Lahrs would be a gamble with injuries but has same attributes as Prior but probably a better player when fit

Hannant head and shoulders above the rest, wouldn’t mind a punt on Matagi though.
Hannant would be a good mentor for our young guys coming through like Lodge, Graham, Felise and Tatola, would provide some much needed experience and we could get him on a cheap-ish short term deal I’d think.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Matagi has been linked to Penrith

We will be losing / punting lodge too. So definitely need another prop, agreed!

Pass on all…

Sign Charlie Gubb & Seb Ikahifo

woods
ava (hopefully re signs)
taupau
sue
lodge (maybe)
and a couple more from nyc… i think should be enough.

@VanillaThunder:

Hannant head and shoulders above the rest, wouldn’t mind a punt on Matagi though.
Hannant would be a good mentor for our young guys coming through like Lodge, Graham, Felise and Tatola, would provide some much needed experience and we could get him on a cheap-ish short term deal I’d think.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I was a big fan of Hannant in his prime but I’m not convinced has still got what it takes. I’d be inclined to agree with Demps and try Gubb at the right price.

Well we need an experienced prop. All our current boys are 25 or under, with Woods the most experience. Someone who knows the week in and out grind and will put in 100% on game-day and at training.

@BornBlack&Gold:

Really?

Hannat has played like a busted, most experienced & can lead the way is Prior

@tsjonathan:

@BornBlack&Gold:

Really?

I read he was set to agree to terms to join the panthers when he was arrested recently. It was a short story about the irony of the copper called to the domestic being the junior ref verbally abused by the Fafita bros (an incident lodge was reported to have been in some way involved in)
Anyone else read it anywhere?

I remember reading that we had offered Lodge to the Panthers earlier in the year but they’d declined.

If we let Lodge go the NRL would need to start implementing a 1 year minimum transition period to show that they’ve had rehab, have changed and are capable of being an NRL player without embarrassing the code again. Should be standard for all players whose contract is terminated due to repeated breaches. Other club shouldn’t take advantage of another club doing the right thing. Ferguson had a year on the pine, but that’s ultimately a discussion for a different thread.

Yes Felise, Tatola, Graham and Grant are very good prop prospects, but i’d doubt any of them would be ready for a lot of NRL time next season. About 10 matches off the bench may be possible for 1-2 of them.

Gus has moved Lodge on once already….
Fair chance he won’t be going back there.

Not many of the boys in the 20’s comp think much of Lodge

@batboy:

Gus has moved Lodge on once already….
Fair chance he won’t be going back there.

Not many of the boys in the 20’s comp think much of Lodge

Gus didn’t move him on, lodge went for the $$ in Melbourne, was only 17 at the time.

Agree we need more in the props department but it will only happen if Farah goes. Reality is if Farah stays we will have woods, Sue, Tauapu and mayby Buchannan.

If Robbie goes then Ava can resign and we still need another prop but should be able to get a prop a backrower and a winger othwrwise those positions will be Lovett, Buchanna and Hoeter

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme