NYC Team Announcement: Round 26...

NYC Team Announcement: Round 26

Tue 1st September, 04:50PM

Wests Tigers Holden Cup Coach Brett Kimmorley has named his side to take on the St. George-Illawarra Dragons in their Round 26 clash on Saturday, September 5.

Kickoff for the match is scheduled for 3:15pm at ANZ Stadium, as Kimmorley’s side look to keep their recent undefeated streak going heading into next week’s finals series.

Coming off a thrilling 16-16 draw against the New Zealand Warriors last week that guaranteed the side a spot in the finals, Wests Tigers NYC outfit can move anywhere between fifth and eighth this week (depending on results) and are no doubt keen to produce another strong performance on Saturday to keep their destiny in their own hands.

See who Kimmorley has named to take on the Dragons this Saturday in the video above.

Get Dad something special for Father’s Day! Spend more than $75 and get a FREE ISC Cap, valued at $30! Click here to shop!
1. Sione Alofi
2. Ryland Jacobs
3. Obed Karwhin
4. Marion Seve
5. Jayden Wheelhouse
6. Te Maire Martin (capt.)
7. Jeremy Marshall-King
8. Junior Tatola
9. Jacob Liddle
10. JJ Felise
11. Matthew Woods (capt.)
12. Bayley Sironen
13. Tyler Cassel

Interchange:
14. Veiru Mapesone
15. Pio Sokobalavau
16. Thomas Grealy
17. Esan Marsters

Coach: Brett Kimmorley

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/09/01/nyc_team_announcemen.html

No surprises there and they should account for the Dragons if they turn up to play.

I want to know if any of these lads can step up for us next year? It’s been a little while since some dynamite NYC talent has made the cut in firsts.

@jirskyr:

I want to know if any of these lads can step up for us next year? It’s been a little while since some dynamite NYC talent has made the cut in firsts.

I’ve kept up with a lot of the NYC this season, IMHO of the 17 named there I’d say Seve would be the best chance at first grade next year either at centre or wing. He is being wasted in that side but has a lot to offer.

Sironen, Cassel, Felise and Liddle will all play first grade with the possibility of Woods, Karwhin and Heleta who is injured for the rest of the year… (not sure these guys will play first grade next year though).

Karwhin has to be a massive chance of playing NRL in 2016. Big, fast and seems to read well in defence. Bayley Sironen looks the goods. The props look promising. Seve needs a good off season.

@Yossarian:

Karwhin has to be a massive chance of playing NRL in 2016. Big, fast and seems to read well in defence. Bayley Sironen looks the goods. The props look promising. Seve needs a good off season.

Karwhin didn’t look that fast to me

Ryland Jacobs is a favourite. This is his first year but he looks to be as polished as Seve. May be one to watch.

@pacman:

@jirskyr:

I’ve kept up with a lot of the NYC this season, IMHO of the 17 named there I’d say Seve would be the best chance at first grade next year either at centre or wing. He is being wasted in that side but has a lot to offer.

Sironen, Cassel, Felise and Liddle will all play first grade with the possibility of Woods, Karwhin and Heleta who is injured for the rest of the year… (not sure these guys will play first grade next year though).

I’m very confident Woods will make first grade.

@pacman:

@Yossarian:

I’ll see if he’s prepared to race you. Big guys like that are often quicker than they look. He’s not James Roberts but he looks quick enough to me.

Why does Kimmorley continue to name Karwhin at centre and then play him at wing for the entire game?

@softlaw:

Why does Kimmorley continue to name Karwhin at centre and then play him at wing for the entire game?

Same with Seve, weird.

@Yossarian:

@pacman:

@Yossarian:

I’ll see if he’s prepared to race you. Big guys like that are often quicker than they look. He’s not James Roberts but he looks quick enough to me.

I wouldn’t mind racing him lol

@softlaw:

Getting ready to take over from Taylor…

@Yossarian:

@pacman:

@Yossarian:

He’s not quick like Koro, but he’s like Semi or TNT (without quite as much aggro as TNT, but Obed’s still a kid). Big, strong and quick while not being express. He’s better than all our wingers in NSW Cup, and with a full off season to work on his body, technique and tactics could be anything next season.

Sirro, Seve, Heleta and Felise will all be NRL players at some point too.

LATE CHANGES…

Lamar Liolevave replaces Thomas Grealy on the bench

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme