What would you do if you were in charge from here???

Just interested to see where the majority sit in terms of the fans on this burning issue. I am torn in many respects because I believe in empowering the coach, however I also don’t have faith in Taylor (whilst I did have faith in Potter) .

With Farah his best years are behind him everyone knows that, most people know 900 K tied up in a 32 year old Hooker is bad business. However is also a way to treat a club legend, current captain and SOO that has done more then any other player for the club. You also have to consider the huge experience voice in our current roster for the next 2 years.

Really there are only 3 main options……

Option 1 - Back Taylor and the Board 100% and hope Robbie finds a new club or play him in reserves. Meaning we are paying anywhere between 1 Mill and 2 Mill dollars for Farah to either play reserves or play against us. We are down the bottom and we need to make some tough calls.

Option 2- Seek a compromise of sorts between Taylor and Farah. For example Robbie steps down as captain, or retires from Origin, or plays on in 2016 but agrees to leave the club at the end of 2016

Option 3 - Sack Taylor and pay him out. Establish he is not the right man to rebuild the club given some truly baffling things he has done this year in relation to the media, tactics, and decisions on the future. Given he seems to lack the respect of the playing group and is not respected among the NRL, lets cut our losses and search someone who can work to the strngths of the roster better. Farah contract to be honoured in full and he remains a first grade required player at the Tigers.

I am torn of sorts. Robbie’s from has been pretty average for a couple of years and we do need to start balancing the books. However the manner in which this has been done has been so poorly handled in typical Wests Tigers fashion. Having thought about it given the amount of kids and inexperience we have I would rather have him here on 900 K then some where else with us picking up 600-700 K of that.

I mean the compromise (Option 2) seems like its worth a go however it would only be papering over the cracks. Imagine after a couple of losses next year the Press would be giggling into old wounds about Taylor and Farah on different pages.

So for mine really one has to go. Its funny because I backed Potter last year in the saga that went on. It’s because I believed in him as a man, I believed in his character and what he stood for. I liked the fact he did not make excuses for losing and said it was win at all costs. Farah was the one in the wrong in that situation (more so the way he handled it after it came out) even though in reality Tallis through him under a big bus.

I don’t really believe in Taylor, the minute he rang the radio station to start a argument and defend himself told me all I need to know about him. Then you here that he is threatening Farah with training with part times if he hangs around. You have current and former NRL players making fun of him about being knocked out and Souths and having to avoid the Tigers Mad Monday. These players right or wrong don’t respect him. Even Bellemy and Bennett came out and said how poorly handled it was. I worry that some of our players are talking about him behind the scenes and making fun of him.

I hated some of his commentary that winning was not important but performances were. You don’t here that every day in the NRL and for me it was hard to fathom. I don’t think fans liked those comments. His whole coaching philosophy of copying the Roosters and systems and structures for mine has been a real failure this year. With a healthy roster we played like zombies many weeks. I think things like banning Richards spiral kicks off, putting the hand breaks on Moses and Farah has really been a failure. He has failed to play to some of our strengths.

Anyway I said any coach deserves a couple of years to prove whether they are up to the job. So it would be pretty unfair if he ended up getting sacked. However because of this whole mess now there is a chance he could be closer to the exit, especially if he has lost the dressing room.

Anyway

I could live with Option 1, although I don’t believe in Taylor going forward so would be cautiously pessimistic. However if he is going to stay you have to back his decisions not compromise or back down.

Option 2 sounds nice and fuzzy but in reality would be papering over the cracks.

Option 3 would cause its own problems as people will say well Robbie has won again, another coach bites the dust. That side of the story would be in full swing. However given I don’t have faith in taylor as a coach I could live with this decision.

It is a sorry saga and it will be be interesting to see what prevails here, I am not sure what will to be honest…

24/7 chook raffles to keep the club afloat

For whatever the real reasons… No player is bigger than the club…the club has made its decision and can’t and should not waiver from its decision

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Well the board and Taylor with this brilliant decision have placed the club in a shocking predicament and we should back them because there is an old cliche that says - no player is bigger than the club. Any one heard of risk assessment?

No matter which course of action and direction is chosen, it must be done with decisiveness and conviction. Follow through with your goals.

@WestsSupporter:

No matter which course of action and direction is chosen, it must be done with decisiveness and conviction. Follow through with your goals.

Agree.

The coach must be in control but would love some sort of compromise where Robbie stays for 2016.

Common sense says Robbie has probably been a poisonous element in the club for a few years now and should be moved on at all costs

But then again - after so many years - the best case scenario to me seems like giving Robbie one more year and telling him to get ready for ESL in 2017… it would be useful having him around for one year to mentor Cherrington - even if his role in the team diminished as the year went on.

What to do…? who cares, I’ve been a fan of this club for so long and no matter what happens it will all turn to poo in the end so nothing will surprise me any more.

If I were in charge or had any employment via the club, I would resign ASAP and join a club which is not this useless.

Option 2 was the one that Farah and his agent offered Taylor and the board to which they agreed . As soon as they walked out of the meeting, Taylor rang the Rabbitohs and tried to swap Robbie for Mcqeen.

I would take option 2 again , give Woodsy the captaincy for 2016. Robbie to super league 2017.

I would also give Taylor one more year and let him go at the end of 2016. He is not the man to take us anywhere positive. Not a good talker, nor tactician. The playing group don’t respect him and I fear we may lose players to get away from him. I.e Marty, Moses etc
2017 we will have money to spend and a new coach. A genuine new start
However, I would like a halves coach for 2016 as I think they are struggling under Taylor and fear that he will stunt their development

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Pick up the phone and call Harry.

Call Brian Smith to do a review?

No seriously, the Farah v Taylor scenario wouldn’t be my priority. I’d be focused on finding out who leaked this internal discussion. That would be my first decision, they would be GONE!

Once that is sorted, I would have personal discussions with all parties ensuring every person is aware of there roles/responsibilities, tell any 3rd parties (Player Managers/RLPA) to buggar off and if they don’t like the way I run my business, feel free to take their clients with them.

Once the media hype settles, Phil Moss would be shown the door for failing to manage his operation in a professional manner, and placing the business into the ugly situation which has unfolded.

The more this drags on the more it’s proving to me just how bad the club needs to get rid of farah. Firstly for a fresh start with the younger guy’s coming through and secondly everything that’s being said reeks of a farah or farah’s management pr campaign to garner support against the club, it shows me how he will go to any lengths if his vested interests are jeopardised even potentially bringing the club he “loves” down to save his own face. He needs to learn the wests tigers were not established for his pleasure it’s a buisness he’s been given the tap and he is refusing to leave even now he is trying to garner the support of the board to have Taylor fired. He has to go the reason he is upset is because he thought after retiring he would be a shoe in to work his way up the food chain to become the CEO like I said it is all about his interests. He is working on the board, players and the media machine is working overtime he needs to go his tentacles are all over the club he was a great player for us many moons ago there’s no denying what was accomplished in 05 but it wasn’t accomplished by robbie alone it was a team of champions not one man. The shame is I think the culture problem began under sheens because of 05 IMO the young guys Robbie,Benji won the comp way too early in their careers and become complacent thinking that eventually they would just stumble on another. To answer the question I would tell robbie to stay that his contract will be honored but he will be kept on purely in a marketing role to make appearances for the club in the local area. He would not play a game in firsts or reserve, therefore putting robbie in a position where he would loose his origin jersey and more than likely finding another club. The wests tigers are bigger than one man it’s just a huge shame we arn’t big enough to contain that mans ego. Sorry for the long post.

@liltiger:

The more this drags on the more it’s proving to me just how bad the club needs to get rid of farah. Firstly for a fresh start with the younger guy’s coming through and secondly everything that’s being said reeks of a farah or farah’s management pr campaign to garner support against the club, it shows me how he will go to any lengths if his vested interests are jeopardised even potentially bringing the club he “loves” down to save his own face. He needs to learn the wests tigers were not established for his pleasure it’s a buisness he’s been given the tap and he is refusing to leave even now he is trying to garner the support of the board to have Taylor fired. He has to go the reason he is upset is because he thought after retiring he would be a shoe in to work his way up the food chain to become the CEO like I said it is all about his interests. He is working on the board, players and the media machine is working overtime he needs to go his tentacles are all over the club he was a great player for us many moons ago there’s no denying what was accomplished in 05 but it wasn’t accomplished by robbie alone it was a team of champions not one man. The shame is I think the culture problem began under sheens because of 05 IMO the young guys Robbie,Benji won the comp way too early in their careers and become complacent thinking that eventually they would just stumble on another. To answer the question I would tell robbie to stay that his contract will be honored but he will be kept on purely in a marketing role to make appearances for the club in the local area. He would not play a game in firsts or reserve, therefore putting robbie in a position where he would loose his origin jersey and more than likely finding another club. The wests tigers are bigger than one man it’s just a huge shame we arn’t big enough to contain that mans ego. Sorry for the long post.

They would probably be sued, there would definetly be a revolt from the supporters. Sponsors would have a bit to say about that, and we would as a club , look even more amateurish than we do now.
We’d still be paying out his contract so would have no gain there .
All to support a Coach who has been the worst coach that the club has ever had, and other clubs wouldn’t hire in the first place
We’d also probably lose at least some players who don’t want to play for him
We wouldn’t have one of our best players on the field
Plenty of down sides , and no upside ot all

@goldcoast tiger:

@liltiger:

They would probably be sued, there would definetly be a revolt from the supporters. Sponsors would have a bit to say about that, and we would as a club , look even more amateurish than we do now.
We’d still be paying out his contract so would have no gain there .
All to support a Coach who has been the worst coach that the club has ever had, and other clubs wouldn’t hire in the first place
We’d also probably lose at least some players who don’t want to play for him
We wouldn’t have one of our best players on the field
Plenty of down sides , and no upside ot all

My opinion hasn’t changed much through this.
Option 2 would have been my first choice if it had been acted upon early. I feel it is probably too late now for either Farah or Taylor to function together successfully. Truly unfortunate in my view.

Option 3 is potentially a club killing decision. It is a public admission of failure of management and will have repercussions on the board and NRL. It will send a very strong negative message to potential sponsors and applicant coaches due to our recent coach/players history. West Australia here we come.

Option 1 is what I’m left with. I’m not convinced one way or another of Taylor’s coaching abilities. I don’t know what part Farah has played in the negative performances this season. I suspect, if the rumours about his negative and undermining influence are true, he has played a role on our perception of Taylor as coach. From my personal experience in managing a team with a disaffected member, this influence can’t be underestimated.
On the other hand Taylor could be a complete (thinly disguised swear word, your choice!) when dealing with players. If he is abrasive in the way he communicates, he may be the real problem. If this is the case, it is unfortunate for Farah that history suggests otherwise. For better or worse, there’s only one course forward and that is the one already on the compass.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme