Warriors coach slams players' night out before Wests Tigers match

Robert Lowe
16:40 AEST Thu Sep 3 2015

Warriors coach Andrew McFadden has described the action of three players as unacceptable after they attended a concert in Auckland two nights before the NRL side were thumped by West Tigers. Centres Konrad Hurrell and Dominique Peyroux, and injured winger Manu Vatuvei went on stage with American R&B performer Ginuwine last Friday and later posted about it on social media. Less that 48 hours later, the Warriors, with Hurrell and Peyroux in their side, were mauled 50-16 by the Tigers in Sydney.

McFadden says he was extremely disappointed when he heard about the night out and the matter had been dealt with internally. I think that level of professionalism is unacceptable," he said."We had an early flight the next day and one of things we preach in terms of our preparation is that we make sure we get enough sleep and hydration, and we eat properly.

Yeah whatever
They beat us and none of this surfaces

Excuses for failure

Lol they went to a concert 2 days ago? I haven’t been part of an nrl side but really is that unprofessional?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Love the WestsTigers:

Yeah whatever
They beat us and none of this surfaces

Excuses for failure

I didn’t read anywhere that he said he blamed that on the loss.

@tig_prmz:

Lol they went to a concert 2 days ago? I haven’t been part of an nrl side but really is that unprofessional?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

McFadden said they had an early flight the next day. Living your life so that through the footy season you are always set to perform at the peak of your abilities on the field is in the modern day footballer’s job description I guess.

I guess all NRL players just stay home and watch the ABC two days before a game

oh please wake up to yourself Andrew

I guess the warriors are ginuwine losers.
Ride it my ponies.

don’t think that would have made much of a difference, only 2 of them played, one of those off the bench

I’m guessing the players should of been smarter and cleared it with team management first

Rugby League clubs in the modern era are all about accountability , look at the Roosters they started a 73 day total drinking ban leading up to the run home a few weeks ago

Thats the difference between the top sides and the also rans

Anything happening in Sydney Tonight ??

I offering free tix to any dragons players that are interested.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme