New home ground; Parra Stadium

from the SMH:

The $1 billion-plus funding of three stadiums, varying in size from 80,000 at Homebush Bay to up to 55,000 at Moore Park and 30,000 at Parramatta, effectively signals the end of the suburban ground. It is expected that Penrith and Wests Tigers will play matches at the new Parramatta Stadium, along with the Eels, while the Dragons are likely to share the stadium at Moore Park with Sydney Roosters.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/nrl-signals-end-of-suburban-grounds-after-1-billion-stadiums-announcement-20150904-gjfizy.html#ixzz3kpQvzz9f

Geebus, seems like a dud deal for us and Penrith.

Id rather play at Parramatta than Homebush.

Not for another eight years or so

I’d much prefer Browne Park

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@innsaneink:

Not for another eight years or so

How many games per year are we contRacted to ANZ?

I wonder if canceling our ANZ contract,allowing us to play all games at parra, was negotiated in order for ANZ to get funding from the govt.
If not then our games need to be split between parra and Homebush till it expires.

Noticed it said a ground may also be built at either Liverpool or Penrith in the future, for mine Liverpool would be the ideal base. Also think that Liverpool being in soccer heartland may end up with an A-League team linked to Liverpool FC. I know the council is very big on having a stadium with an aleague and NRL team.

Would say Liverpool is the choice but not for 10yrs the Stadium at Parra would be great until then.

We all know the suburban grounds days are numbered but I’m very sceptical of the plans they’re talking up. I think they’re wasting a lot of money on trying to follow the afl model.

Will new stadiums bring bigger crowds? I doubt it, hoped to be proven wrong.

Still don’t like the idea of sharing home ground with what will be effectively the eels home ground. Especially with their leagues club next door. Any other team that plays there will be like away teams. New stadium at Liverpool, fresh start no ties to any team we could make that work.

I think its madness to build another stadium in town, they should refurb the sfs. More importantly try and fix anz stadium to make it better viewing for spectators.

Isn’t Pirtek stadium a suburban ground? Ex-Cumberland oval
Why not build up Campbelltown, Leichardt or Kogarah to 30,000?

Just saying

Will new stadiums bring bigger crowds? I doubt it. I’m sure it will suit some people, but if you live next to Leichhardt or Pepper Stadium, wouldn’t you spew?

I don’t think bigger crowds is the aim, just getting funding from the NSW government.

@cqtiger:

Isn’t Pirtek stadium a suburban ground? Ex-Cumberland oval
Why not build up Campbelltown, Leichardt or Kogarah to 30,000?

Just saying

No other team will play at those grounds. Parra is central for a lot of fans.

Langlands Park should be our home ground!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme