The year in review

I predicted 12th at the start of the season. The team has finished worse than that.
I suppose there is no other way to look at it other than it being another very disappointing season. There were some good moments like the win over Souths and Warriors and some real disappointments like the loss to the Bulldogs. The Farah debacle was the icing on the cake.
Is there hope for 2016 ??? I’d like to think so …. We have hit the bottom … But how long it takes to become a serious premiership force again only time will tell. Off the field we are slowly getting our house in order ridding ourselves of the toxic Magpies Balmian power struggle that has held us back for so long. Let’s hope the new appointees at the board and management level put professionalism and respect back into our club.

A wasted season ( Taylorball )

Next season will be the same , just cut , copy and paste this season .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Hopefully we can get some decent defensive coaches in that can match the efforts of the strength & conditioning crew this year

I think this season has been much better then the last 2. We hit rock bottom last year and have improved in most areas this year other then ladder position. But we were 1 field goal either today or against the dogs off being 11th or 2 fields goals and we would be equal 9th right now

The backline will be a lot better for this year. Tedesco had a completely injury free season and Moses and Brooks close. Another off season of study and maturing and those three should come out and be better again.

What I fear is that we continue to float in and out of games in the forwards. We need our forwards to be intense and stick it to the opponents for the full game. This means we can’t afford to carry the likes of Buchanan and Lovett. Woods, Halatau and Ava are already toiling types, we need more forwards who can hit and eat up metres before contact like Sue and Kapow do.

Today’s 17 should be round 1’s 17 aside from…

Naqaima on the wing replacing Richards
Seve into the centres
Cherrington to hooker
Lawrence to bench
Lovett’s spot filled by whoever among the fringe forwards earns it during the off season, and he cannot win it by default.

Until we get an expierenced coach who gets respect from his players, we will not improve. Taylor is clueless and 2016 with him will be similar to this year.

finishing where we did was pretty crap, looking at the for and against though and given that this year was one of the better performed bottom half sides, probably did “ok”……it’s just the table position.

Better for and against than 4 teams above us, 6th best points for, need to hit the tackling bags still

An ordinary season that finished on a very poor note.

Disappointingly inconsistent.
Had the chance to win at least three games, but could not. 😊
Dumb, stupid penalties given way at times, don’t forget some attempted shirt grabbing tackles. 😒

@MacDougall:

The backline will be a lot better for this year. Tedesco had a completely injury free season and Moses and Brooks close. Another off season of study and maturing and those three should come out and be better again.

Richards going is also a positive assuming we replace him with a quality player. I think we can then have a good backline assuming Moses and Brooks improve significantly.

@MacDougall:

What I fear is that we continue to float in and out of games in the forwards. We need our forwards to be intense and stick it to the opponents for the full game. This means we can’t afford to carry the likes of Buchanan and Lovett. Woods, Halatau and Ava are already toiling types, we need more forwards who can hit and eat up metres before contact like Sue and Kapow do.

Ava is a weapon. The difference he makes when he comes on is huge. Definitely not a plodder. We need more forwards though with punch. I think Halatau, Ava and Taupau have that ability to run it back hard. Sue isn’t bad and Lawrence might also have some impact. Woods is a quality player but he really needs the other forwards to be dynamic and then his ball playing, footwork and quick play the balls can make a difference. We can’t afford players like Lovett out there.

Sironen needs to improve as well. I rate the guy but he can’t continue to fail to have an impact.

@Tigerdave:

finishing where we did was pretty crap, looking at the for and against though and given that this year was one of the better performed bottom half sides, probably did “ok”……it’s just the table position.

Better for and against than 4 teams above us, 6th best points for, need to hit the tackling bags still

People don’t want to see that we have a very young inexperienced side,with some average experienced players…once they learn that the defensive area is critical to the game,then they can become more competitive in their attacking game…
We know they can attack with some fantastic plays…
We know they can’t defend for 80 mins…when they get this right,it’s game on…

It’s to easy to blame Taylor…but I didn’t see him out there arm grabbing and missing tackles…the defensive coaches need a kick in the pants not Taylor…
I reckon if your a Fairdinkum supporter of this club you will let the dust settle on this season and have some faith in next season…these young guys have learnt a lot this year and will only get better with a great offseason…

And before some go off half cocked,I’m not a Taylor Loyalist,however I do expect a coach backed by the board be given a fair go,this year with the cap and other dramas,he hasn’t been very well supported by many…If he does not improve this team by mid next season,then everyone can have a crack at him if he has had a level playing field…unhindered…

Still too many plodders in there. In most games the bench has been ineffective. We need a quality centre and there are some we could get without breaking the bank. As well another hard running back rower Kapow style. One that has size and turns the defence around.With Keefy and probably Lodge gone a noter prop would help. We have Woodsy as a toiler, we need to improve on the Buchanan, Lovett, Sirro types who just take it up and get tackled.I presume Littlejohn is the back up half- 5/8. Really not sure what he’s like

We have an extremely poor coach. Nothing will improve until we change the coach.

@Pawsandclaws:

We have an extremely poor coach. Nothing will improve until we change the coach.

As you have stated many times before….give it a rest…he also had very little depth in the player ranks that aren’t up to NRL standard,but you keep seeing it your way…

Another season where Robbie is the centre of everything for all the wrong reasons.
How to win with a huge ego sucking up all the air?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme