Our current squad - contract expiry dates

I put this together from the Zero Tackle site, thought it might be interesting to all to see where we have gaps now and later. We need some of the Leftovers to step up Kevvy N style, plus we look skinny on Props. I’m sure there are more from this years 20s but it’s a start

I didn’t really list those coming off contract in 2015 (bench players excluded) and left Robbie out (who knows)

Fullback: James Tedesco 2017
Wingers: Noafaluma 2017, Hoeter 2016
Centres: Simona 2017, Naiqama 2017
5/8: Mitchell Moses 2017
Half: Luke Brooks 2017
Props: Aaron Woods 2017, Suaso Sue 2016
Hooker: Manaia Cherrington 2016
2nd Row: Chris Lawrence 2016, Curtis Sironen 2017
Lock: Marty Taupau 2016

Bench:
Michael Chee Kam 2016
Dene Halatau (not signed 2016)
Ava Seumanufagai (not signed 2016)
Matthew Lodge 2017

Leftovers:
Backs:
Asipeli Fine 2016-7
Marion Seve 2016
Chance Peni 2016
Watson Heleta 2017
Halves:
Jack Littlejohn 2016
Josh Drinwater 2016
Backrow:
Kyle Lovett 2017
Lamar Liolavave 2016
Sitaleki Akauola 2016
Jesse Parahi 2016
Props:
Dallas Graham 2016-7

Doesn’t really fill you with much hope when you look at our lack of depth. First grade and NSW Cup we both finished second last. It won’t change us from being tigers supporters but geez i’d like to be competitive and get back to challenging for top spot.

another reason why we’re having to dump players quickly

Need to re-sign Dene for another year and Ava, then make sure we have money for Sue, Cherry, Rowdy and Marty at least……then there’s the following year…

The board might not know their rugby league they do know a few things about business.

I expect signing announcement to be grouped and used a good news story to drum up 2016 membership.

Priorities for the club will be Taupa and 2 or 3 reasonable signings. Think Idris and Grant…

The Farah money starts to complicate things, this may be the difference between 2 or 3 signings.

I fear for Ava and Halatau. Lodge Funaki and Liolavave probably nothing more than pawns in potential trade deals.

Do i agree with any of this, of course not!

@Tiger In The Gong:

The board might not know their rugby league they do know a few things about business.

I expect signing announcement to be grouped and used a good news story to drum up 2016 membership.

Priorities for the club will be Taupa and 2 or 3 reasonable signings. Think Idris and Grant…

The Farah money starts to complicate things, this may be the difference between 2 or 3 signings.

I fear for Ava and Halatau. Lodge Funaki and Liolavave probably nothing more than pawns in potential trade deals.

Do i agree with any of this, of course not!

I’m doing my best to try and not think Idris and Grant.

First we have no money and second I hope that we would be trying to make the eight.

I don’t know how anyone can rate Grant over Ava! Ava has had a way better year In a worse team and is on a lot less than grant. So why spend triple the amount on a has been instead of good youth

Does a contract really mean anything these days?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Kavi:

I don’t know how anyone can rate Grant over Ava! Ava has had a way better year In a worse team and is on a lot less than grant. So why spend triple the amount on a has been instead of good youth

I think most people would be thinking both Ava and Grant. We need another prop and a first hit up prop because Ava can’t play 80 minutes. Also Grant would be cheap as Souths and potentially Pennies would still be paying for his contract so he would be on bugger all and thats attractive in a hard running recent Origin prop

Ava needs to be signed now, Dragons are circling.
Marty’s contract needs to be extended asap otherwise we will either lose him or we will pay overs to keep him

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Boonboon2:

@Kavi:

I think most people would be thinking both Ava and Grant. We need another prop and a first hit up prop because Ava can’t play 80 minutes. Also Grant would be cheap as Souths and potentially Pennies would still be paying for his contract so he would be on bugger all and thats attractive in a hard running recent Origin prop

I forgot about the fact we wouldn’t be paying tons to get him, I would prefer we resign ava if I had to chose though

When does ALL the shite Coaching Staff EXPIRE!!!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme