Brooks, Halatau facing suspensions

Dan Talintyre

Tue 8th September, 01:12PM
A A
_DXL0011-XL
Wests Tigers players Luke Brooks and Dene Halatau have both been charged by the Match Review Committee following the Club’s Round 26 match against the Dragons.

Brooks was charged with a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw in the 46th minute, and will face a one-game suspension that carries into season 2016 following an early guilty plea.

Halatau was charged with two seperate incidents from the match — a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle in the 25th minute and a Grade 1 Shoulder Charge in the 32nd minute — and will also face a one-game suspension that carries into 2016 with an early guilty plea.

Newcastle Knights forward Tariq Sims was the biggest charge of the weekend, facing five games on the sideline to start 2016, after a Grade 2 Shoulder Charge on James Segeyaro.

Roosters playmaker James Maloney is free to play this week despite his tripping charge.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/09/08/brooks_halatau_facin.html

shouldn’t those suspensions be served over the offseason? trial games and whatnot, so youd think theyll be fine for round 1

Stupid rule if they miss round 1

Trials don’t count i think only rep games do.

Roosters playmaker James Maloney is free to play this week despite his tripping charge.

“All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.”

@sheer64:

“All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.”

That about sums it up, doesn’t it? I don’t think anyone has ever gotten off a tripping charge, but if you’re a Cockadoodledoo, it’s all good.

Unfortunately the rules apply to some,others seem to escape the wraith……

Do the crime do the time…l

Said it plenty of times recently, the judiciary has become the biggest joke in the game this season. Case in point from this week:
Throw a water bottle at a player = 2 weeks
Attempt to trip/kick someone = free to play.

And you’re allowed to throw the ball at an opponent, but not a water bottle….

I think trials do count - I’m pretty sure someone had a bit suspension last year and they only missed the first 3 games of the next season.

NRL sanctioned trials do count to suspensions

Will it even affect Halatau with us next yr?

NRL Trials count for Grd 1-2 charges…won’t miss any NRL time take the plea and write off the points…

@GNR4LIFE:

Will it even affect Halatau with us next yr?

Still nothing official from the club if the likes of Halatau and Buchanan will be around next year.

wow maloney is free to play after that?? wow that’s ridiculous

@tig_prmz:

wow maloney is free to play after that?? wow that’s ridiculous

Just like Kane Evans shoulder charge on Kasiano a few weeks ago …
Last year the Rabbits were a protected species , now is a chook !!!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme