The younger generation.......

Well forumers we have had a season that to me could be quite forgettable,although we can argue all night and day about the positives and the negatives,however I don’t want to go down that path at the moment,I would rather talk about this generation in general,and I would sincerely like your valued input……

Tonight my young stepson who is14 asked me about Catholics,Muslims and religion in general…I tried to explain the difference and how we in Australia live in a Christian society where we believe mainly in peace,love and understanding toward our fellow human beings…
He asked me what the heck is the difference in catholic and Islam…I told him that they are a world apart in their beliefs ,but both do pray and consider we are all a people irrespective of our religion background…he asked me about the people of Syria and why are they leaving…I said that innocent men,women and children are being killed because of their deluded beliefs and are basically a terrorist group…he the asked me who is Nostradarmus,I said that he has prophecys that religion will cause the Third World War…

I said if you want to know more about Nostradarmus then Google it and read about his fascinating story…his answer to me was,na I would rather play call of duty on my ex box…

So what I’m saying is,this younger generation would rather play the technology game more so than learn history and current affairs where they could enlighten themselves for future conversations…I suppose Iam from the old school and to him I’m a dinosaur,but at least I have had the education to be able to understand how our world is evolving…
Give me a good historical piece in a magazine…the computer age is really ruining the kids of today…just my opinion,but I would love to hear some others stories…cheers…

Firstly my understanding of Islam is that the Quran is similar to the old testimate which the Jews follow and Christians follow the new testimate which is different again. My understanding is that that terrorisim expressly breches the Quran and it’s obviously unfair to brush all Muslims as terrorist.

nostradamas prediction is interesting I’ll have a look into that.

Regarding kids and computers I guess they grow out of it when they discover dating and partying which is another thing we have to look forward to. but yes they ll likely be less cultured/educated as a result but you never know they might take an interest later on in their life. their just being kids at the moment by the sounds of things which is important too.

I’d hope we live in a society where youth are told to think for themselves and decide themselves what they want to believe as opposed to being told what to believe.

It would be ideal to live in a world that isn’t defined by religion, but by what kind of person you are.

@GNR4LIFE:

I’d hope we live in a society where youth are told to think for themselves and decide themselves what they want to believe as opposed to being told what to believe.

It would be ideal to live in a world that isn’t defined by religion, but by what kind of person you are.

GNR,you are quite right about what kind of person you are,however,and I don’t get into religious arguements for the sake of it,but my parents taught me what was right and what was wrong,I had a strict Catholic upbringing but there was leniency toward people that were not Catholics,by that I mean mum and dad had friends from other religious backgrounds such as Anglican,C of E and Presbyterian but all lived by peace love and understanding,love thy friends and neibours…
To me as I grew and developed I lived by these teachings from a young age and now Iam the person Iam because of these teachings…

I try and teach the children the same thing,because as they grow they will take what I have told them on toward adulthood….in the end it doesn’t matter what denomination we are,we eventually die and take our beliefs with us…wether good or bad,we live by our teachings…

Do you agree with what I’m saying…or do you think Iam going the wrong way about it,or live and let live…cheers…

I’m still young, i don’t think that all kids my age spend the majority of their time on video games etc.

Personally i am studying 50% of the time, when i am not studying i have a great interest in business, i like to go into depth and see what is occurring in local councils, economy etc.

Islam and Christians are not really worlds apart, i have read both bibles and the beliefs are much alike, a few major differences but there is a fair bit of similarities.

TT, nothing wrong imo with teaching children the values that Christianity teaches, i don’t personally believe you get morals from religion, but that’s just me. Anyway, teaching kids about peace and love is great. Telling them that a God exists and that’s what they should believe is another thing.

Technology has made our lives easier and to an extent more enjoyable.

Convenience sees younger people indulging in their hedonistic tendencies at home for a number of reasons. They’ve been sheltered from the big bad world, saturation of the depressing state of world affairs (why would you want to leave home,) and quite simply, corpulence and laziness.

I see it with a lot of the apprentices that walk through our door now. Virtually social retards that cannot interact with people on any level in person, but are on their phones all day texting, facebooking and are amongst the most “outspoken” and passive aggressive people that lurk the earth from behind a phone screen or keyboard.

I wish kids would utilise the Internet a little more to learn about the world around them. I know that Wikipedia is routinely questioned for veracity of it’s content, but I would much rather my kids spend an hour a day on there absorbing the infinite amount of information to offer about us, our planet and our universe rather than playing call of duty, facebooking and trawling footy forums 😉

They’re fast becoming vapid, narcissistic, socially awkward creatures incapable of any critical thought.

Don’t blame the Kids…it starts with the Parents…

@Geo.:

Don’t blame the parents, half of us have no idea about all this stuff

@Cultured Bogan:

Technology has made our lives easier and to an extent more enjoyable.

Convenience sees younger people indulging in their hedonistic tendencies at home for a number of reasons. They’ve been sheltered from the big bad world, saturation of the depressing state of world affairs (why would you want to leave home,) and quite simply, corpulence and laziness.

I see it with a lot of the apprentices that walk through our door now. Virtually social retards that cannot interact with people on any level in person, but are on their phones all day texting, facebooking and are amongst the most “outspoken” and passive aggressive people that lurk the earth from behind a phone screen or keyboard.

I wish kids would utilise the Internet a little more to learn about the world around them. I know that Wikipedia is routinely questioned for veracity of it’s content, but I would much rather my kids spend an hour a day on there absorbing the infinite amount of information to offer about us, our planet and our universe rather than playing call of duty, facebooking and trawling footy forums 😉

They’re fast becoming vapid, narcissistic, socially awkward creatures incapable of any critical thought.

Even though you gave me a warning, im not sure for what?
I must say one of the best post I have read, you have hit the nail on the head!!!
Well said and cannot agree more.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Milky:

I’m still young, i don’t think that all kids my age spend the majority of their time on video games etc.

Personally i am studying 50% of the time, when i am not studying i have a great interest in business, i like to go into depth and see what is occurring in local councils, economy etc.

Islam and Christians are not really worlds apart, i have read both bibles and the beliefs are much alike, a few major differences but there is a fair bit of similarities.

You are quite right Milky,both religions aren’t a world apart,it is the radicals that make it seem that way…as I said earlier,I had a strict Catholic upbringing where we were taught love ,peace and understanding,God was our creator and he set the commandments etc,one of which states “thou shalt not kill”…this is the part that the radicals of Islam don’t seem to understand,I know of no God or Allah that says you must kill innocent men women and children,for in the Quoran,the also preach peace love and understanding…but ISIS still murder people…

@happy tiger:

@Geo.:

The good one’s do…didn’t blame them said it starts with them…

@Geo.:

@happy tiger:

@Geo.:

The good one’s do…didn’t blame them said it starts with them…

Fortunately the better half knows it all

She tells me all the time 😆

@Geo.:

Exactly right GEO,and Iam trying to be a good parent by passing down what I was taught….
The kids have ample opportunity to learn at school,but seem more so involved in the modern technology and what entertainment they can have next,rather than learn about the world they live in…as I said earlier I suggested that the son Google Nostradarmus to learn and understand his teachings when he asked about him…his reply was "I would rather play my Xbox…call of duty…

Doesn’t start with the parents, it starts with their school peers.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.