Martin Taupau - Discussion Thread

• Zero tackle is saying that Souths are interested in signing Marty in 2017…they want to replace G.Stewart…They have money,but my question to all the forumers is…would Marty leave the Tiges,he said he really likes the club and I reckon he can get better next year with more game time ??..

Any thoughts people…

Side note,sorry GEO for putting this thread out,but it would be interesting to see other people’s opinion …I don’t think that Marty will go to Souths,he will stay with us…just my opinion…

• Just about every club in the NRL will chase him. The Warriors are keen and I would imagine if Taylor stays we will have difficulty retaining him.

• Money talks and we don’t seem to have as much as some others.

Kapow will probably want to play with Robbie again, so yeah, he’ll go to souths

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

• I can easily see him going. It’s not like he’s a local junior
    Hope he doesn’t though

• Surely we will be in a position to offer him the coin he wants for 2017 especially if High Rise Harry comes across with a TPA to top it up.
    Marty seams happy enough at the club and hopefully with a couple more good signings for 2017 it will lead to us being more successful on the field . Ultimately it will come down to cash v being a club playing finals football.
    Have read several threads stating the good Burgi is going back to the rabbits. Hopefully they won’t chase Marty too hard if this is the case.

• 9/10 Players will go where the money is… While a lot would prefer their current club they supposedly love match the offer, traditionaly they take the coin if they don’t.

Other factors with switching clubs is competitiveness. Winning a premiership is very important to most players, so some will sign at competitive clubs for less.

I’ve liked every employer who paid me on time!

• Banned

I ask myself does Taupau look happy playing under Jason Taylor.

I have my answer.

• It will depend on money and I dare say how well things go next year here

• I think there are a few factors that will determine his decision
    1. Money will be the key factor no doubt
    2. He would have to be convinced that we are heading in the right direction.
    3. If he wants to be Coached by Jason Taylor and if he believes in what his trying to achieve.

Marty doesn’t owe us any loyalty, he is an international player now and to maintain that status you need to have good players around you to make your job easier in being selected for rep sides IMO.
    I have a feeling we will lose him unfortunately, there is nothing attractive about our Club at the moment “POTENTIAL” is the word many like to describe our future.
    We need to purchase at least 2-3 proven quality players in key areas to have any chance of convincing Marty that despite being a young side we are building a team to be proud of.
    A lot of things will be decided next year in terms of direction this Club is going.

I seriously hope he stays but my feeling is we will lose him.

• Taupau = Gold Coast Titans if he leaves

• @Pawsandclaws:

Just about every club in the NRL will chase him. The Warriors are keen and I would imagine if Taylor stays we will have difficulty retaining him.

I think if Taylor stays we will have difficulty retaining all of our players

• There is a big factor keep Marty at the Tigers. He was set to resign before he was suspended. The TPA deal was a big factor. It will all become very clear after the season.

• More money
    Stable club
    Premiership winning coach
    More game time
    Semi final football
    Possible premiership
    What was the question again???

• Banned

@crusader:

More money
    Stable club
    Premiership winning coach
    More game time
    Semi final football
    Possible premiership
    What was the question again???

That sums it up!..what would keep him here…is he a local Junior who dreamed playing for the WT?..nope

• @iofthetigers:

There is a big factor keep Marty at the Tigers. He was set to resign before he was suspended. The TPA deal was a big factor. It will all become very clear after the season.

Can you maybe elaborate more here?

Recent Topics