Bring back Hodgson as an assistant coach

Maybe I’m being sentimental, but Brett Hodgson is a guy who I think of as classy and defining of what the Tigers are as a club. He’s a club legend and I think someone that these young guys would respect and look up to.

He’s over in England as an assistant coach in Widnes. We should bring him back to coach our NSW Cup side next year and earmark him as a future Tigers coach imo. We need someone who not only is respected but is respectful and the guy is all class. Smart as they come too.

I’ve no doubt he’s going to be a good, if not great coach and I think we should tie him to our club.

Love to see Hodgo back in any capacity.

Webster at the Warriors and Payten are excellent options.

@Pawsandclaws:

These fine young coaches have already been part of the Wests Tigers system - can’t imagine them back again anytime soon, as they’d have to conform to Mr Taylor’s guidelines.

Whatta bout…Sheensy n Roycie…Robbie said in his emotional speech at the SSO Awards night that Roycie rings him before every Origin game and it makes him feel better…

If we are to put our faith in a novice coach I would want Danny Buderus. But I cant see the Knights letting him go.

Would like to see Hodgson back at the club. I heard JT had a coach in mind for the NSW cup but can’t remember who, would take Hodgson over anyone JT thinks is good.

@tiger_one:

@Pawsandclaws:

These fine young coaches have already been part of the Wests Tigers system - can’t imagine them back again anytime soon, as they’d have to conform to Mr Taylor’s guidelines.

True. I take it as done that Taylor won’t be with us for much longer.

@Geo.:

Whatta bout…Sheensy n Roycie…Robbie said in his emotional speech at the SSO Awards night that Roycie rings him before every Origin game and it makes him feel better…

Well, it’s always good to get a heads-up exactly where the witches hats will be placed…… :mrgreen:

@MacDougall:

Maybe I’m being sentimental, but Brett Hodgson is a guy who I think of as classy and defining of what the Tigers are as a club. He’s a club legend and I think someone that these young guys would respect and look up to.

He’s over in England as an assistant coach in Widnes. We should bring him back to coach our NSW Cup side next year and earmark him as a future Tigers coach imo. We need someone who not only is respected but is respectful and the guy is all class. Smart as they come too.

I’ve no doubt he’s going to be a good, if not great coach and I think we should tie him to our club.

In light of recent events I would find it hard to believe that any ‘club legend’ would want to have anything to do with Wests Tigers . Stay where you are Hodgo - much better off.

@Geo.:

Stick to the Topic at hand 😆 .

Would love to see Hodgson back at our Club even as our 1st Grade Coach right now……anyone can put a better game plan than 5 tackles Bomb that we have seen.
Oh sorry Pasty face should be judged when he buys his players

[quote=“foreveratiger” …anyone can put a better game plan than 5 tackles Bomb that we have seen.

I will always remember that Campbelltown game game for all the very wrong reasons.
Wests Tigers have never been a boring team to watch, with that “WOW” factor always not too far away.
Until “that night!”

And to then hear the coach in his post match interview seemingly fail to even be aware of the travesty of a game that it portrayed for rugby league, our club, its players, and us as fans!

(And yes, we all crave success, we want normal footy in September as part of our focus, BUT supposedly that was why we have a coach to lead us there…… )

Head or Payten are the ones we should target.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@tiger_one:

[quote=“foreveratiger” …anyone can put a better game plan than 5 tackles Bomb that we have seen.

I will always remember that Campbelltown game game for all the very wrong reasons.
Wests Tigers have never been a boring team to watch, with that “WOW” factor always not too far away.
Until “that night!”

And to then hear the coach in his post match interview seemingly fail to even be aware of the travesty of a game that it portrayed for rugby league, our club, its players, and us as fans!

(And yes, we all crave success, we want normal footy in September as part of our focus, BUT supposedly that was why we have a coach to lead us there…… )

I was in bed watching the game and fell asleep at halftime and woke up with 10 minutes to go . 😆

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme