Grand Final Moved To Friday Night?

Seeing as the Broncos “don’t do Sundays”. A few Broncos players have been asked about the GF next Sunday and they said " what is a Sunday??". Surely the NRL can help this battling lil club out?..…

No course you don’t have an issue with Qlders

Is there something seriously wrong with you FTB ??

I’m not trying to be a smart alec , I’m actually concerned ……

Broncos no chance w/o Friday night game

@happy tiger:

The Cowboys are from QLD are they not? I hope they win next week. No issue with QLDers generally- just the tosser ones. Check the mirror.

@Fade To Black:

@happy tiger:

The Cowboys are from QLD are they not? I hope they win next week. No issue with QLDers generally- just the tosser ones. Check the mirror.

You do understand that the Cowboys don’t generally want home games to be on Friday nights as many of their fans travel from far away places such as Mt Isa and Gladstone which is a very long drive

The Titans also aren’t keen on Friday night games as they have proved very unpopular with attendances as many people prefer Saturday night Sunday games especially as many anti Broncos supporters in SEQ jumped on the Titans and again have to travel

You accused me of not using my brain , do some research occasionally

Do you really think that if Friday Night games were winners for the Cowboys and Titans that they would be howling the NRL down for more games and getting them ??

Yes it might be unfair that they get so many Friday Night games , but the FTA contract is for Friday to be one Qld and another team city for the other

And from a viewers /attendance point of view why wouldn’t they ??

Crowd wise you will probably find from regular season games that 3-4 of the Top 10 crowd pullers will be home Broncos games

If anyone should be complaining it shouldn’t be WT’s supporters , what about NZ supporters and Raiders supporters ??

How many Fridays Night games do they get ??

I’m sure most people understand that it is Channel 9 and not the NRL who are directly responsible for Broncos being televised every bloody Friday night due to ratings. But why is it a necessity to have a QLD based team on every Friday? Ratings and TV exposure are given more priority than evenness and fairness of the actual competition and that stinks. A powerhouse club is given an almighty advantage over other clubs who sure could do with the exposure and potential sponsor-enticing primetime gig. Not to mention the unfair advantage of having 7 day breaks throughout most of the season. In the extremely near future the 4 or 5 powerhouse clubs will be the only ones capable of winning the premiership every season, the rest of us sucker clubs will be playing for peanuts.

@Fade To Black:

I’m sure most people understand that it is Channel 9 and not the NRL who are directly responsible for Broncos being televised every bloody Friday night due to ratings. But why is it a necessity to have a QLD based team on every Friday? Ratings and TV exposure are given more priority than evenness and fairness of the actual competition and that stinks. A powerhouse club is given an almighty advantage over other clubs who sure could do with the exposure and potential sponsor-enticing primetime gig. Not to mention the unfair advantage of having 7 day breaks throughout most of the season. In the extremely near future the 4 or 5 powerhouse clubs will be the only ones capable of winning the premiership every season, the rest of us sucker clubs will be playing for peanuts.

TV Network is the single biggest revenue earner for the NRL… While they are paying the bills, its there choice.

However, I’d like to see the NRL demand they play equal representation of Qld Teams on a Friday Night. This will give the Cowboys/Titans a fairer representation to promote themselves in Prime Time, and allow the MAJORITY of Queenslanders to enjoy the coverage. I say Majority as the majority of Queenslanders dont like the Broncos!

In 2016, there will be a minimum of 6 days between games for any team so this may also help spread the love?

Good post Watto. I’m not sure why though there is a prerequisite that a team from QLD always be represented on a Friday night? I’m sure there are people who live in QLD that support teams from outside of QLD who really don’t care if a QLD-based team is represented every Friday in prime-time (obviously they would be in the minority though). Pretty sure the AFL don’t have a demand that any teams from a particular State get the gravy TV coverage every single week. It just seems to highlight the fact that the NRL are not overly concerned with running a fair and even competition IMO.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme