Where is our CEO ?

What has transpired today our CEO should of been on the front foot facing the media …but what does the club do leave it to Taylor that has trouble putting two words together .As a member and a long term supporter I am very concerned about the quality of the people running our club .I posted at the time until the CEO shows something he is just like the rest all talk no action , I hope someone at the club is reading this as I do not hold the new appointments the club has made very highly ,what a moment the new CEO could of had cementing his authority and leadership for all of us long suffering supporters to see but no hiding in his office and letting Taylor do his bidding well done! Tonight on 9 news Manlys CEO was front and centre not the coach and it made me sick how my club was portrayed .

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that the Club has released Martin Taupau from the final year of his playing contract.

Taupau has played 45 games for Wests Tigers over the past two years and will depart ahead of the 2016 season.

Media reports this morning detailed a confidential email regarding Taupau’s contract with his new Club, this correspondence was not from Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that the decision to release Taupau was made after much debate.

“While it’s disappointing for our Members and fans to see Taupau leave the Club he had made it clear that he intended on playing elsewhere from 2017 onwards,” said Pascoe. “Earlier this year the Club was negotiating with Taupau to extend his stay at Wests Tigers. We put on the table what we believed was a fair offer but ultimately he has decided to continue his playing career elsewhere.

“The decision to release Taupau early not only improves the Club’s salary cap position but as a consequence will also help to secure some of the young talent already with the Club.

“The negotiations regarding releasing Taupau have been going on over the last week and our organisation has been doing everything possible to be respectful to Taupau, our Members and fans as this is a sensitive issue for all,” said Pascoe. “To see all of that work being undone and for the story to come out in this way is disappointing and almost comical.”

Wests Tigers Head Coach Jason Taylor said that the Club has players to replace Taupau.

“We’re confident that our roster, including a number of new recruits, will lead this Club well next season,” said Taylor. “The Club has been working hard to improve depth across every position and we have players ready to step up.

“We return to pre-season training next week and all of the players are keen to get back onto the field and prepare for next season,” he said.

Could not agree more Snake. Reminds me of Mayer during the Tallis scandal!

Have to laugh when our" brilliant coach" tells us we have players to cover the loss of Taupau i am sure the average tea lady could cover the loss of “our brilliant coach” make it happen

Thought he wasnt meant to start until November might only be on part time

Now you know the reason why when we were in the Process of recruiting a CEO the Club went quiet about the Farah saga , that Dopey of a Coach had no skills in how to Manage that situation and the rest of the Baboons kept allowing our brand being muddied by the Media.

@Snake:

What has transpired today our CEO should of been on the front foot facing the media …but what does the club do leave it to Taylor that has trouble putting two words together .As a member and a long term supporter I am very concerned about the quality of the people running our club .I posted at the time until the CEO shows something he is just like the rest all talk no action , I hope someone at the club is reading this as I do not hold the new appointments the club has made very highly ,what a moment the new CEO could of had cementing his authority and leadership for all of us long suffering supporters to see but no hiding in his office and letting Taylor do his bidding well done! Tonight on 9 news Manlys CEO was front and centre not the coach and it made me sick how my club was portrayed .

Couldnt agree more…Dazza from Housos would talk better than JT…still no leadership in the joint

@foreveratiger:

Now you know the reason why when we were in the Process of recruiting a CEO the Club went quiet about the Farah saga , that Dopey of a Coach had no skills in how to Manage that situation and the rest of the Baboons kept allowing our brand being muddied by the Media.

What the hell are you on about???

i think adelaide somewhere

Hopefully he’s located somewhere inside Ivan Clearys ear, whispering sweet nothings

@Snake:

Our CEO my consider it not unreasonable that our coach articulate his position on the matter. Probably not unreasonable to assume Taylor is a significant reason why Taupau has left a year early.

Let’s hope the SMH report about the club making discrete inquiries to other coaches is true.

I find it hard to believe that Pascoe would be allowing taylor to buy and sell players if he was looking to sack him.

Another subject that the Taylor haters have hi-jacked.

I know who is bringing our club down and it is not the administration. You people really need to get a life.

Taylor is not going anywhere, no matter how much you would like it to happen. I have never heard such hatred directed towards someone who is only trying to help our club. Get out of your night clothes and your Mothers basement, give the hate a rest, or go follow some other club.

@magpiecol:

Another subject that the Taylor haters have hi-jacked.

I know who is bringing our club down and it is not the administration. You people really need to get a life.

Taylor is not going anywhere, no matter how much you would like it to happen. I have never heard such hatred directed towards someone who is only trying to help our club. Get out of your night clothes and your Mothers basement, give the hate a rest, or go follow some other club.

Col sorry the rest of us are not living up to your expectations!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.