The real elephant in the room

I find it interesting that the real elephant in the room has been forgotten due to the upheavals at the moment .Early next season the biggest situation facing this joint venture will be here and the question is what will be the make up of our club. Is Balmain going to be able to pay back the NRL and if not what is the future make up of the club .Will the Wests group step up ,will Mr Meriton by out the club ,will the NRL suspend the licence of the club .IMO this period is the defining moment for the joint venture moving forward or not forget the rest the real elephant in the room is about to move!

@Snake:

I find it interesting that the real elephant in the room has been forgotten due to the upheavals at the moment .Early next season the biggest situation facing this joint venture will be here and the question is what will be the make up of our club. Is Balmain going to be able to pay back the NRL and if not what is the future make up of the club .Will the Wests group step up ,will Mr Meriton by out the club ,will the NRL suspend the licence of the club .IMO this period is the defining moment for the joint venture moving forward or not forget the rest the real elephant in the room is about to move!

Are you just a sly poetic trouble maker???
Why does it matter who owns us???
We are the Wests Tigers

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Tigerspirit:

@Snake:

We are the Wests Tigers

It matters to those who support the Wests Tigers due to their support for the Balmain Tigers before the joint venture started. If Balmain are no longer a part of it, is Wests Tigers really their club?

@Snake:

Que sera sera Snake….

@Tigermama:

@Snake:

C’est sera sera Snake….

You sure you don’t mean “que sera, sera” TM? 😉

@Snake:

Interesting point you make Snake but I see procrastination on the part of the NRL in particular being the winner with extensions of loans/ deadlines etc coming to play so as not to detract from the beginning of a new season and ensuring telecast commitments are not affected.

The WT’s aren’t linked as it has been pointed out a thousand times

The Licence won’t change or be sold off

@happy tiger:

The WT’s aren’t linked as it has been pointed out a thousand times

The Licence won’t change or be sold off

Absolutely correct ht, but there remains the long term question as to whether the Balmain’s appointed directors will still have their say as part of the joint venture board down the track.

@Cultured Bogan:

@Tigermama:

@Snake:

C’est sera sera Snake….

You sure you don’t mean “que sera, sera” TM? 😉

Yes i did. 😊 Thanks CB! I was thinkin of " C’ est la vie" as well. 😉

Pascoe has indicated that 1 home ground is the way to go . a gazillion to 1 that will be Leichhardt so it doesnt really matter about ownership .

@Tigerspirit:

@Snake:

We are the Wests Tigers

I think it would matter a lot if we were owned by a millionaire. Clearly you don’t.

Harry is a pipe dream anyway imo. He has said he’d only do it if he could own them outright. And Wests have already stated they won’t sell their share

@GNR4LIFE:

@Tigerspirit:

@Snake:

We are the Wests Tigers

I think it would matter a lot if we were owned by a millionaire. Clearly you don’t.

Mate - plenty of millionaires out there due to house prices. I don’t think being a billionaire means that you are a good rugby league administrator.

@stevetiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

@Tigerspirit:

@Snake:

We are the Wests Tigers

Mate - plenty of millionaires out there due to house prices. I don’t think being a billionaire means that you are a good rugby league administrator.

The point is people would care a lot about it. The mega thread a few months ago where people were on their hands and knees begging for him to buy proves that.

I remember even Dawn Fraser was on all fours begging such - but she was more successful in her breast stroke (sorry for joking re legends)

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.