Peta Hiku

Peta Hiku could be the guy for us as he could be on the outer to make space for Walker.
He can play wing or center and is also a rep player for New Zealand
:supporter: :sign:

i would play him at right centre in a heart beat

Good idea however, Walker is being signed as a 5/8. Given Manly have Matai & Lyon they may release Hiku. As the salary cap does not apply to them likely he stays as a winger.

They are saying that Manly may also have to release Buhrer to pickup Walker……I think he’d be a great addition to our pack…maybe the fact that Ballin is at the Tigers now, Buhrer may follow ???

I’m surprised we didn’t do a straight swap with Moltzen for Foran

Sounds fair to me

Can remember an ex Premiership winning , Ex National and ex SOO coach saying he was NSW bound

Must be just round the corner hey Tim / Tim ??

@TYGA:

Good idea however, Walker is being signed as a 5/8. Given Manly have Matai & Lyon they may release Hiku. As the salary cap does not apply to them likely he stays as a winger.

Walker @ 5/8? Good luck with that plan Manly.

I would take Hiku or Brenton Lawrence in a heart beat (preferable both).

However, don’t we have cap problems to worry about for next year?? Might cause a slight hiccup to our grand plans.

@happy tiger:

I’m surprised we didn’t do a straight swap with Moltzen for Foran

Sounds fair to me

Can remember an ex Premiership winning , Ex National and ex SOO coach saying he was NSW bound

Must be just round the corner hey Tim / Tim ??

He can’t hear you Happy….He’s long gone (thank goodness) 😃

@jirskyr:

@TYGA:

I think you’ll find Walker is more a 5/8 than centre….

Hiku on the others hand - Right side centre oh please…

did hiku not play 5/8 for the kiwis in the last 2 tests?

@batboy:

@jirskyr:

@TYGA:

Pretty sure Walker actually got moved from 5/8 to Centre in school rep footy as Moses was the preferred 6.

Until that point, Id only seen Walker as a 5/8

Id love Hiku here.

i have a good feeling about this. i having a feeling we will get Hiku or Burher

We wont get either…not even in the market…

@Goose:

@batboy:

@jirskyr:

@TYGA:

Pretty sure Walker actually got moved from 5/8 to Centre in school rep footy as Moses was the preferred 6.

Until that point, Id only seen Walker as a 5/8

Id love Hiku here.

Lots of players managed the halves as juniors: look at our own Siro.

I am saying I’ve seen Walker play 5/8th before and I think he’s bug ordinary to be honest. Truthfully I don’t rate him much as a player, he’s got great feet but I feel he makes bad choices in attack and defence. He’s got one trick shot and personally I’d rather a bloke like Tim Simona.

Put Walker at 5/8th and I think you exacerbate the problem. What I’ve seen of his passing game is average and I don’t even know if I’ve ever seen him kick.

He’s a talented, if hot/cold centre in my opinion, and I don’t think he gives value for money. Or in other words, I understand why Souths are ok to release him and McQueen as first choice, re-signing Auva’a for 3 years.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.