Brooks & Moses on the way out..?

• Banned

It is also reported in today’s SMH about Brooks and Moses get extra time

• Hearing that they are going to be on around $600k each IMO gives them very good reasons to stick with the Tigers. Two relatively inexperienced playmaker’s on that type of money, it would be difficult for them to get a guarantee’d 1st grade spot elsewhere ATM let alone that type of money.

As others have already said on this topic……they are probably waiting to see what happens at the club by the middle of the year…ie is JT going to be coach, is Farah still around, how is the team progressing.

Probably a wise decision by them but I’m sure their Manager is also playing a role here as well to try and squeeze every last $$$ from the Tigers for them.

On what they both showed since 2014 neither of those guys would command the money the Tigers are offering to pay them at any other club.

And if what Benny Elias is saying about Mitch Moses is true…he’s not going anywhere.

Suppose there are always games being played when it comes to contracts. But on $600k a year the Tigers could easily pick up players of the calibre of Josh Reynolds, Trent Hodkinson and so on…not that we want that situation to occur.

• This will all just be their manager/s playing games with the club.

Like in the first place when we were signing them as kids, all this speculation about they were going here or there, Wayne Bennett this or that. X club throwing cash at them.

After the signed they said they were never going to sign for another club, they had never held any talks with any other club, and had told the manager they wanted to play for the Tigers and to get them a good deal with us.

It’s all about the deal and the money - i’m fairly confident nothing else would come into play. Childhood fans of the club, all their mates play for the club, getting paid a lot by the club and getting the opportunity at the club. And they’re leaving to what, play for the Titans? lol

• They are on a good wicket here.

Dont think they will be going anywhere.

• @Balmain Boy:

This will all just be their manager/s playing games with the club.

Like in the first place when we were signing them as kids, all this speculation about they were going here or there, Wayne Bennett this or that. X club throwing cash at them.

After the signed they said they were never going to sign for another club, they had never held any talks with any other club, and had told the manager they wanted to play for the Tigers and to get them a good deal with us.

It’s all about the deal and the money - i’m fairly confident nothing else would come into play. Childhood fans of the club, all their mates play for the club, getting paid a lot by the club and getting the opportunity at the club. And they’re leaving to what, play for the Titans? lol

And they’re leaving to what, play for the Titans? lol

very true.

• The clubs policy on these two goes a long way to explaining their release of real quality experienced players
    For me if these fringe reserve graders leave that’s disgusting .

If they stay they will literally need to dance on the field to justify the clubs player retention and recruitment policy.

I am still not over the release of Tapau who was probably offered less money that each of them.

• ForumSupporter

It’s all good…Matty said so…

Matty’s Mail On Brooks, Moses Leaving Wests Tigers

If Wests Tigers get their act into gear, those two young players will stay, reports Matty Johns

There has been a fair bit of infighting involving Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses at Wests Tigers and it’s believed the pair do want to stay at the embattled NRL club but they are a little nervous about what’s going on.

“The club and the players have agreed to extend that ‘option’ period [to extend their contracts]. I think it’s halfway through [next] year they’ll have the option to pick up that $600K-a-year contract or then the option to walk away,” said Matty Johns, on Triple M’s Grill Team .

"My mail is that a fair bit of this is linked to the Robbie Farah situation. [But] they tell me that whether Luke Brooks [and Mitchell Moses] stays or goes has nothing to do with the Farah situation.

"It’s primarily, if the Tigers, as a club, get their act into gear, those two young players will stay.

“Wests Tigers have some of the best young talent and at the end of the day, those two young boys, it’s their club.” Listen to the full video below.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/11/video-matty-johns-on-reports-luke-brooks-mitchell-moses-could-walk-from-wests-tigers/

• The tigers need to get there act together to keep these guys

• Wests Tigers legend Benny Elias says James Tedesco could follow Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses exit

Simon BrunsdonFOX SPORTS

WESTS Tigers legend Benny Elias has slammed his beloved club for failing to tie up Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses for the long-term and says James Tedesco could be next out the door if they don’t re-sign the young halves.

Tedesco was one of the few shining lights for the Tigers in a dismal 2015 season after nearly walking out on the club to join the Raiders a year earlier.

Elias describes the three young stars, who have been built up as the future of the club, as “thick as thieves” and says a carefully conceived plan to shape the roster around them could completely crumble if the Tigers can’t get their act together, and fast.

“They are at Mitch’s place every day, they are as thick as thieves the three of them,” Elias, who is also Moses’ uncle, told foxsports.com.au.

“Tedesco will go where these two blokes go, I’ll tell you.

Mitchell Moses, James Tedesco, and Luke Brooks at training.
    “If it wasn’t for the bonding with Mitch and Luke, I reckon Tedesco would have been in Canberra this year, and where would we be without him?

“It’s a massive blow if they leave.

“They are the backbone, they are the future of the club and that’s what the spectators are waiting to see.

“Then you’ve got Aaron Woods, four kids.

“You give Craig Bellamy four kids and he builds a whole side around them.

“If the club is going to do anything they must keep these kids.”

Elias’ comments come amid speculation Brooks and Moses are delaying a contract extension with the Tigers.

The two young playmakers are off contract at the end of 2016 but have a clause in their favour which would extend their deals until the end of the 2017 season if activated.

The deadline to activate the clause was originally January, but it was reported this week the pair have requested the deadline be pushed back to June.

It’s a worrying sign for the Tigers, who have offloaded a number of players over the past two years in order to keep Brooks and Moses locked down.

Blake Austin left for Canberra last year, Marty Taupau has now gone to Manly, and just a few months ago Robbie Farah revealed he had been told he would play reserve grade if he didn’t leave the club — partly to clear some additional room in a heavily loaded salary cap.

Tigers coach Jason Taylor and Luke Brooks.
    But Elias says it’s the actions of past administration — as well as some tough calls by coach Jason Taylor — at the Tigers that have left some of the players disenchanted.

“It’s disappointing, and it’s basically a product of what’s happening off the football field,” Elias said.

“It’s like a tsunami has gone through the joint.

“This bloke (new CEO Justin Pascoe) has now taken up that position and he’s copping it, he’s got to rebuild the whole place because it’s a disaster.

“I think the new CEO is a very good start, I think he’s a very reasonable fella.

“The coach comes out and says Robbie Farah is playing reserve grade next year, then first session back you stand next to Robbie Farah, does the coach think you’re aligned with Robbie Farah instead of him?

“It’s things like that that will not make it a better club.”

Elias clarified that 21-year-old Moses wants to remain at Concord if the club can get back on track.

Tedesco, 22, is contracted to the Tigers for two more years, as is 24-year-old Woods.

Originally published as ‘If halves go, Tedesco could follow’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-legend-benny-elias-says-james-tedesco-could-follow-luke-brooks-mitchell-moses-exit/story-fnp0lyn3-1227614051612

• “It’s disappointing, and it’s basically a product of what’s happening off the football field,” Elias said.

“It’s like a tsunami has gone through the joint."

And coming and with quotes saying ‘Tedesco could follow Brooks and Moses’ does nothing to help that.

• you have to wonder why they would want to play a style of football that doesn’t suit them? Ad lib players being stifled week in week out doesn’t really instil confidence that they will re-sign.

June is an interesting time to take up that option though - far enough into the season to see how they whole Taylor situation will play out If he stays, what game plan will he use, what freedom will be given to them?

Our last few years of pain is partly due to wanting to build around these 2, and now there’s a chance they won’t stay.

• I reckon they’d want to play together, so $1.2Mil+ between them.
    Good luck finding a club that:
    a) Has that cap room, and
    b) Is willing to take the gamble on them and build a team round them.

I reckon there’s no chance they leave.

1. Can’t see them leaving
    2. Can’t believe we’re still getting Benny Elias soundbites on every second week in 2015

• Banned

I find this pretty funny. At first this thread seems to be stating that Moses and Brooks are looking at other options and hence aren’t taking up the options in their favour but Benny seems to suggest that its the club delaying things and Tedesco could leave as well.

It seems all over the place.

• @innsaneink:

August 2015

Balmain great Benny Elias is the uncle of Mitchell Moses, and he insists his nephew would not only see out his current deal but will be playing in the black and gold for years to come.
    “He’s not going anywhere,” Elias declared, adding that he felt no need to remind the youngster of his commitment to the club.

“He might have that option, but trust me he’s not going anywhere.

“Mitch doesn’t need me in his ear, he’s got a very good manager in Issac Moses, and he’s looking after him like he’s his own son. And they’re on board with what JT and the Tigers are building for, they’re in it for the long haul.”

\

November 18, 2015

BALMAIN legend Benny Elias has slammed his beloved Wests Tigers for failing to tie up Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses for the long-term and says James Tedesco could be next out the door if they don’t re-sign the young halves.

LOL backdoor …cant make up his mind

Recent Topics