Centers

Does anyone have any ideas of centers the tigers could go for.
Personally I am stumped.

Yes and conveniently they are already at the club - Seve and Heleta

I though we were going to sign a center that has already made it into first grade

Simona, Naiqama, Heleta, Hoeter, Seve, Hunt, Rankin, Chee Kam, Lawrence in a pinch.

Centre is a weakness that reared it’s head when Simona was injured, and it was primarily during games when we had to throw Halatau, Lawrence and Lovett in there.

Simona needs to rise and he needs to stay on the park. The rest of the named players can fight it out but I think Kev actually developed very well last season.

They both will have played first grade when we re-sign them.

Realistically, our Centres are Wingers including Simona. We have invested a lot of time into this position over the past 4 years with no real result. It appears we are looking to continue this path in the hope Seve or Heleta can develop into an NRL Centre over the next 2 years, but the odds aren’t good that both will make it.

Goose made mention of it a few weeks ago, that the majority of NRL Centres are Fullback as juniors. I agree and tend to feel the good majority of Centres at junior level traditionally end up as Wingers. If we are going to continue going down the junior development path over recruitment, we need to work harder in bringing more Fullbacks into our 20’s Program.

Outside of development, over the past 3 years it has become more evident that Centre is one of the hardest positions on the park. With this in mind, we may need to change how we breakdown the $ value of an NRL Centre and allocate a lot more $'s into recruitment for this position?

I’d buy Micheal Jennings to play inside Simona & Will Chambers to play inside Nofoaluma/Seve… But I don’t care about money or the salary cap!

@swag tiger:

Personally I am stumped.

Greg Ingli$…

@Geo.:

@swag tiger:

Personally I am stumped.

Greg Ingli$…

Hayne to the Roosters could see either Jennings or Ferguson squeezed out?

Mac wrote: Simona, Naiqama, Heleta, Hoeter, Seve, Hunt, Rankin, Chee Kam, Lawrence in a pinch as the centres we have available (Quote).

Simona is one - I think Kev is the other.

Kev is a centre and not a winger / Hoeter is a winger and not a centre.

Hunt is a full back and I think a reasonable winger, Rowdy is now a back rower as is Chee Kam.

Rankin could be a good centre but needs experience there. I don’t know much about Heleta, Seve but once again NRL novices.

So I think continue in the centres with how we ended this year.
Hunt on Richards wing and we could be in good shape.
However Nofa needs to work on his reads and trust Kev a lot more.

Being realistic id be going after Brenko Lee. He is way too good for reserve grade and probably wont get a centre spot at the Raiders.

@Tiger Watto:

@Geo.:

@swag tiger:

Personally I am stumped.

Greg Ingli$…

Hayne to the Roosters could see either Jennings or Ferguson squeezed out?

Yeah squeezed out to another of the rich clubs, definitely not us.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.