Meet the Recruits: Rod Griffin...

Meet the Recruits: Rod Griffin

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Fri 20th November, 05:18PM
A A
Get to know one of Wests Tigers’ new recruits for season 2016 — Rod Griffin!

Rod joins Wests Tigers after a successful stint with the Ipswich Jets in the Queensland Cup, helping the side to a recent National Championship win over the Newcastle Knights.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/11/20/meet_the_recruits_ro.html

Really hope Rod makes it into the starting squad

Would be a great story and proves you should never give up on your dreams

Bet he thought all those years ago he’d never be back at the WT’s

@happy tiger:

Really hope Rod makes it into the starting squad

Would be a great story and proves you should never give up on your dreams

Bet he thought all those years ago he’d never be back at the WT’s

Well said Happy….If his never give up attitude rubs off on the younger guys…it will go along way in improving the Squad…

Looks as tough as teak. Just what we need!

he will surely help the team if he makes it in the sqaud

Short bloke but pretty stocky…gees, we are going to be light up front

@krayola:

Have you seen this bloke play? Well above his weight and can offload with the best of them. Remember there are new replacement rules next year which will suite the lighter, fitter players.

Col, many of us have watched Rod play for Balmain years ago. A good player but I wish he and the other player from Ipswich would not be written up as saviours. Far too much pressure being placed upon them.

@magpiecol:

@krayola:

Have you seen this bloke play? Well above his weight and can offload with the best of them. Remember there are new replacement rules next year which will suite the lighter, fitter players.

I saw him play on GF day and he went well tbh. I hope your optimism proves to be right. It does seem that we are favouring lighter players so hopefully this tactic pays off.

@Pawsandclaws:

Col, many of us have watched Rod play for Balmain years ago. A good player but I wish he and the other player from Ipswich would not be written up as saviours. Far too much pressure being placed upon them.

Blokes from Ipswich Paws

As well as Billy McConnachie , Marion Seve is also an Ipswich junior

Greg Lenton has a talent for finding and nurturing talent and I hope he finds a few more from Ipswich. Seve is one of my favourites. Griffin and McConnachie need time to settle in and I don’t see the latter as a replacement for Taupau. If we wanted a Taupau, we should have kept him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.