Gus One on One with Benji....

On the footy show….dissecting the Parra game…

*Talked about pride coming back from a drubbing against the Rorters…

• Praised the forwards for the win…I got Man of the match but it belonged to them…
  • The field goal first he’s ever kicked…early field goal was in the gameplan
  • Lortay is a freak…
    *Both Farah and he share the decisions on the field…the tap instead of the 2 points just after half time…
    *the Evolution of Marshall by Gus was legendary stuff…I’m learning composure it’s something I haven’t had in the past…
    *In the end Benji said it’s the team I have around me that makes me look better…

Then it became a Gus love in…Praising Marshall…

Marshall finished off with Canberra will be very tough to beat down there…some class player in Campese and Harrison is tearing it up on the right…we will have to be on our game…

Love Ya Work Benji…

How well does Marshall represent our club!

He’s very humble (atleast on camera lol) and loved his little pot shots at Lote….

It was very emotional… Gotta love benji mate…

@KingOvKingz09:

It looked like Benji was ready to burst out in tears at the end.

I’m sure the boys at training are going to give it to him now 😆

@Geo.:

• Praised the forwards for the win…I got Man of the match but it belonged to them…
  • Lortay is a freak…
    *Both Farah and he share the decisions on the field…the tap instead of the 2 points just after half time…
    *the Evolution of Marshall by Gus was legendary stuff…I’m learning composure it’s something I haven’t had in the past…
    *In the end Benji said it’s the team I have around me that makes me look better…

Marshall finished off with Canberra will be very tough to beat down <big>there</big>…some class player in Campese and Harrison is tearing it up on the right…we will have to be on our game…

Love Ya Work Benji…

I did…fixed ha ha

Someone didnt read a certain thread properly last week :slight_smile:

Thought Benji was awesome tonight, he is really representing well, he’s going to have a massive year…

A very good interview. Not often that you get a chance to see Benji in interviews like that. The comments made at the end looked like they really did mean something to him.

Gee he is getting sharp in front of the camera. I wasn’t sure whether he was suited to the media a few years ago. Very polished performer now. Sharp witted, cheeky, interacted well with Burgess and was able to talk some serious footy. I found him much more of a TV talent then one trick pony like Sailor talking about himself.

That was by far the best thing I’ve ever seen on the footy show! Great stuff Gus and benji!

@Jazza:

@KingOvKingz09:

when youve come up the way he has and been what hes been through, some one with the knowledge and respect that phil gould has and commands sitting there praising you and effectively calling him a top 3 player in the game is bound to make benji proud and bring a little tear to his eye

@TIGERS4LIFE:

That was by far the best thing I’ve ever seen on the footy show! Great stuff Gus and benji!

Totally agree mate … it was very touching …
shows how much Benji has matured on & off the field…
Giving a big raps to his forwards & his team…
i believe… with a praise like that from Gus
… it really ment something to Benji… and now i think His confidence will be up…
and we will really see some marshall magic

Gus is brilliant. He can stir emotions just with his words.If we are ever looking for another coach he would be the number 1 option by a distance

Great stuff tonight, Benji’s such a champion.
Tigers by 50 on Sunday:)

@ron burgandy:

@Jazza:

@KingOvKingz09:

when youve come up the way he has and been what hes been through, some one with the knowledge and respect that phil gould has and commands sitting there praising you and effectively calling him a top 3 player in the game is bound to make benji proud and bring a little tear to his eye

… Of course it will … im proud of the way benji handled it the way he did …
Not scared to that what Gus said ment something to him…
It was very inspirational…

Was absolutely wonderful! Apart from the whole Benji thing,which was terrific… I really hope it wasn’t on too late for plenty of kids to see…the dissection and explanation of the game by Gus was magnificent.

@stryker:

@Geo.:

• Lortay is a freak…

Marshall finished off with Canberra will be very tough to beat down <big>there</big>…some class player in Campese and Harrison is tearing it up on the right…we will have to be on our game…

Love Ya Work Benji…

I did…fixed ha ha

Someone didnt read a certain thread properly last week :slight_smile:

Thought Benji was awesome tonight, he is really representing well, he’s going to have a massive year…

I think Geo is spot on mate…maybe you need a review of that thread?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme