Joel Edwards

Really good article in RLW about him

Seems he almost missed the entire season due to a bad toe injury

His player manager told him about the WT’s offer to leave with two years left on his contract at Canberra

Sounds like he was genuinely excited about coming to play here with our young guns and genuinely excited about our chances

Wants to become a leader at our club

Just married his fiancé

Won the Ken Stephen’s for the Raiders and spends lots of time Ronald MacDonald House ,Starlight Foundation , Celebral Palsy Alliance

Good story from what seems a good bloke Seems like we picked up a good bloke

Thought we needed a good news story

And nailed Cassell this week at training with great technique

Apparently killed it on the Camp….Hit Moses in the full contact session and he knew he’d been hit…

Looking forward to see him add that to our pack…

Cool. I think him and the Ipswich boys are gonna add some starch to the pack. There’ll be a bit more competition for spots this year which can only give our encumbants a rocket.

@greatodensraven:

Thanks for sharing!

Pleasure’s mine Greatodensraven

JT maybe proving we can sign hard men and avoid the no bad boy policy

@happy tiger:

@greatodensraven:

Thanks for sharing!

Pleasure’s mine Greatodensraven

JT maybe proving we can sign hard men and avoid the no bad boy policy

The proof will be in the pudding, happy.
I’m waiting until they line up in a real game - however do have hopes for Edwards.

@happy tiger:

His player manager told him about the WT’s offer to leave with two years left on his contract at Canberra

Sounds like he was genuinely excited about coming to play here with our young guns and genuinely excited about our chances

Just married his fiancé

Won the Ken Stephen’s for the Raiders and spends lots of time Ronald MacDonald House ,Starlight Foundation , Celebral Palsy Alliance

Good news story very much appreciated…

@guyofthetiger:

@happy tiger:

Just married his fiancé

Good news story very much appreciated…

looks like someone is actually excited about playing for the tigers

Looks likely to deliver much better value than Muscular Marty

Edwards will be a walk up start to our side in 2016. His teammates will insist on having out there next to them.

I was a big fan of him at Newcs. My Missus is a Knights fan, so I saw plenty of him. Got that Nigel Plum-like tackle that would rattle a few ribs.

Could be our new Ben galea….does he have a left foot step. Important to have real goers with reduced interchange. If he locks down a back row spot does sirro play 13?

Seemed to remember Marty saying much the same thing when he first came here, and many posts about how much he loved the Tigers,
I hope you’re right and if he turns out okay he stays , and isn’t just using it as a transition to a stronger club

@goldcoast tiger:

Seemed to remember Marty saying much the same thing when he first came here, and many posts about how much he loved the Tigers,
I hope you’re right and if he turns out okay he stays , and isn’t just using it as a transition to a stronger club

GCT, in the beginning, all new players toe the company mantra.
But Marty T was out of his Doggie contract and came here to get ahead - which he did.
In Joel E’s case, he had sought a release from the last 2 years of his Raiders contract just to play here!
To me, that speaks volumes about his confidence in the WT going forward.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.