Charlie Gubb - a future Tiger ???

WARRIORS PROP A WANTED MAN

Defending premiers North Queensland have their eye on Warriors forward Charlie Gubb.

It’s understood Gubb has been a topic of discussion at the Cowboys, with props Ben Hannant and James Tamou off contract at the end of 2016.

Gubb, who is off-contract in 2016 with an option in favour of the Warriors, made nine appearances in the NRL last season.

But even if the Warriors forgo their option to retain Gubb for 2017, the Cowboys have some stiff competition on their hands in the form of the Wests Tigers.

Jason Taylor also wants to sign the 25-year-old, having been impressed by the impact he made when his team played the Warriors in round 25 last season.

The 107 kilo forward made his NRL debut in 2013 and has played 15 career games to date.

……

From what I saw of Charlie in the game against us, he has ability.

He can break the line, has a good offload in traffic, has size and some pace.

Not a bad buy at not too high a price.

From memory he was a stand out in a badly beaten Warriors side, but there was also a couple of silly things. I can’t remember now, but seem to recall either a string of penalties or maybe even a sin bin.

That said, you come to expect that from someone who has only played 15 NRL games.

I’d be very happy with his signing. Please pursue it Tigers.

Tooth - He dropped the shoulder in defence a few times in quick succession from memory.

Yeah he got penalised for 2 shoulder charges one after the other

HAHAH nice one, he would go Cowboys in the blink of an eye.

We’re a much better proposition if he wants to play a bit of first grade. Cows are not short of quality forwards and he’s no better than the majority of them and a long way short of the likes of Scott and Tamou

Gubb is that fall back cheaper option if Klemmer falls through which will happen if Farah stays.

@king sirro:

Gubb is that fall back cheaper option if Klemmer falls through which will happen if Farah stays.

Whilst I try believe the Klemmer dream, I think Farah will go to the ESL at the end of next year, and then there is still the Lawrence to Weststigers rumours for next year.

Gubb is ok, but he is just a player, I wouldnt be excited or disapointed if he came to us.

I kind of think we did our bit with handy squad players in the middle with the Ipswich boys and Edwards, throw in Buchannen and the young kids and they are all about the same give or take, dont think another would add to our squad.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.