Wests Tigers launch Member Committee..

Wests Tigers launch Member Committee

Craig Heydon

Wed 2nd December, 04:30PM
A A

WT_Member_Committee_1000x565
Wests Tigers have today announced plans for a new Member Committee, designed to help grow and develop the Club’s Membership program.

The launch of the Wests Tigers Member Committee marks the first time that the Club has run such a program, with it enabling effective two-way communication between the Club and its Members.

Wests Tigers are seeking 10 individuals from a range of Membership categories to join the Wests Tigers Member Committee for the coming year.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that the creation of the Member Committee was important for the future success of the Club.

“The development of our new Wests Tigers Member Committee is important for the Club as we look to grow and develop our Membership offering,” said Pascoe. “It’s important that we understand and listen to our Members, understand what drives them to support the Club and in turn how we can support them.

“Our Members are a massive part of this Club and their continued involvement is integral to our future success,” he said. “We’re committed to ensuring that our Members have a voice and are a valued part of Wests Tigers into the future.”

The Wests Tigers Member Committee will meet bi-monthly at Concord Oval to share their thoughts and provide feedback on a range of topics, working with the Club’s CEO and Senior Management team.

Current Members are asked to nominate another Wests Tigers Member who they believe would be a good fit for the Committee, with Members not able to nominate themselves. The Club will select the final 10 from those nominated.

Nominations are open until 5pm Tuesday 8 December. You can nominate a Member to be considered for the Committee below.

Members who are not selected for the Committee will have the opportunity to provide input by emailing membership@weststigers.com.au. Wests Tigers Members will also receive updates following each Committee meeting.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/12/02/wests_tigers_launch_.html/membership@weststigers.com.au

Its simple WIN GAMES, develop stars and play attractive footy in that order and people will want to become members of the club.

Slowly losing faith in managment.

@gallagher:

I have to disagree,i am not a member just a staunch supporter and i believe that any input that members can put into the club is a good idea even if it is not utilised.All members and supporters have a stake an interest in our club and our voices should be heard even if they are ignored

I am a member of 10+ years but I’m not sure how that would transfer to being part of a committee.

“The development of our new Wests Tigers Member Committee is important for the Club as we look to grow and develop our Membership offering,” said Pascoe. “It’s important that we understand and listen to our Members, understand what drives them to support the Club and in turn how we can support them."

I think the concept of a Member Committee is a cop out for genuine, intelligent leadership of the club.

@gallagher:

We are just heading down the corporate route. Just looking to engage the members and hopefully some good will come out of it.

@LCA:

I am a member of 10+ years but I’m not sure how that would transfer to being part of a committee.

“The development of our new Wests Tigers Member Committee is important for the Club as we look to grow and develop our Membership offering,” said Pascoe. “It’s important that we understand and listen to our Members, understand what drives them to support the Club and in turn how we can support them."

I think the concept of a Member Committee is a cop out for genuine, intelligent leadership of the club.

Yep. There is numerous sporting clubs in Sydney they can look to who have successful memberships. This is just all fluff to make us feel part off the club. After 12 months of this they’ll learn to have more orange in the jersey, a nicer hat and more Sunday games. They’ll get nothing on how to attract new members.

So who wants to do it? So we can vote you in

@gallagher:

Can’t fault Pascoe’s efforts in bailing water out of a sinking ship. The club desperately needs stability and a clear path to achieve success moving forward. I think they’re really trying hard to right the wrongs.

@willow:

@gallagher:

Can’t fault Pascoe’s efforts in bailing water out of a sinking ship. The club desperately needs stability and a clear path to achieve success moving forward. I think they’re really trying hard to right the wrongs.

Thats fair enough. I think we’re heading in the right direction generally bit this sounds like pure PR to me.

And once again, something completely impractical for any non-Sydney based members.

I’m going to throw my hand up. Live pretty close and have a semi flexible job.

I’m going to get my partner in crime to lodge one, but if anyone else is keen to nominate me, would be awesome. I’m a 33 yr old family guy from newy originally. Been supporting them since I was 5 when they had some of the greats running around. Dad was a massive knights fan so wanted to create a bit of rivalry there.

Live in Rozelle now, heart of tigers territory. Member for around 9+ years. Banking consultant by trade, but don’t hold that against me!

Love the Tigers through and through. scream way too loud at the tv and at the games, trying to get that under control. Drag the wife along to the games and will definitely be doing the same with my little one due in 5 weeks.

I’ll pm over my details to anyone is kind enough to throw up a nomination.

So are they expecting us to believe this “committee” will be consulted on player signings and decisions like the Farah one? Some people already have a pretty embellished view on how important their opinions are, imagine the ego this would give people.

Don’t need a member committee, judging by the way the club has backflipped on Farah it sounds as though they are already listening to the fans.

Piss poor timing to form one too, they’re setting themselves up to cop both barrels.

What is it Gibson said? When you start listening to the fans, you’ll soon be sitting with them?

@GNR4LIFE:

So are they expecting us to believe this “committee” will be consulted on player signings and decisions like the Farah one? Some people already have a pretty embellished view on how important their opinions are, imagine the ego this would give people.

I hardly think it will be on contractual player arrangements GNR.

It will be on game days, members packs and minor stuff. How to better communicate. No way on the Farah or ownership stuff. There is too much private info that you need to be privy to. No way they would be divulging stuff like that to 10 randoms with the leaks the club has had in the past.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.