Tim Lafai

I never really like starting topics like this but with the potential release of Tim Lafai, would you be happy if the club made a play for him.
We all bang on about a decent centre, well Tim Lafai is one who will only improve also.
Personally i rate him and if the Bulldogs can pay some of his contract then to me it is a no-brainier as there are very little decent centres on the market and this was one area we lacked.
By no means, has it been speculated that the Tigers are interested but i would love for this to happen.

@Chipofftheoldblock:

I never really like starting topics like this but with the potential release of Tim Lafai, would you be happy if the club made a play for him.
We all bang on about a decent centre, well Tim Lafai is one who will only improve also.
Personally i rate him and if the Bulldogs can pay some of his contract then to me it is a no-brainier as there are very little decent centres on the market and this was one area we lacked.
By no means, has it been speculated that the Tigers are interested but i would love for this to happen.

Is it just me but Lafai either seems to play well or play poorly

should fit in well then with our team hahahaha

Ready for a break-out year… Does he play Left or Right?

Would love to have him here, Simona and Lafai would be lethal

He will end up at the Panthers.

@Milky:

Would love to have him here, Simona and Lafai would be lethal

Simona and Lafai together would be nice. They’re both as good as each other and that is just below that really high quality which means they wouldn’t break the bank. They could be a lifelong centre pairing. They also are both Kiwis so if they come real good, NO ORIGIN TO WORRY ABOUT!

2014 Tim Lafai I would take in a heartbeat. 2015 Tim Lafai Not so much. He was very average this past season. But I think given his potential he is worth the risk.

@sheer64:

Would he even make the 17 at the panthers?

Too hot and cold for me but as a few have said that would probably make him fit right in.

Ive always liked Lafai. Big, strong and runs a great line. Solid defensivley too. He was down in 2015 but the Dogs halves are amongst the worst in getting their backs decent ball.

Wests junior who is good mates with Simona and Sue, bring him home!

@Bones:

@sheer64:

Would he even make the 17 at the panthers?

Too hot and cold for me but as a few have said that would probably make him fit right in.

They are looking to replace Idris, but I too would like to see him sign with us. He had a knee injury last year and was just starting to show glimpses of his 2014 form late in the season.

Lafai would be a good signing.

The panthers would be crazy to sign Lafai given the talent they have coming through the 3/4’s at the moment.

Robert Jennings and Naden both look to be outstanding talents, delaying their progress seems counterproductive.

I think Lafai can be a quality centre.

He reminds me of Matai in some ways. I remember the Tigers made a play at Matai about 2 years into his career, at which time I thought he was a fairly average footballer. But then he stepped up a gear in his second contract with Manly.

I see the same potential in Lafai, I’ve always been fairly impressed.

Panthers would love a Whare / Lafai centre pairing, I’m sure. Not sure what they do with G Jennings then, maybe that’s where we should sniff around. Also that Waqa Blake, I don’t think he’s turning out the way Penrith would like.

@Goose:

The panthers would be crazy to sign Lafai given the talent they have coming through the 3/4’s at the moment.

Robert Jennings and Naden both look to be outstanding talents, delaying their progress seems counterproductive.

Have heard a bit about Naden , is he any relation to the Naden that used to play for the Maggies in the mid to late 80’s ??

@happy tiger:

@Goose:

Have heard a bit about Naden , is he any relation to the Naden that used to play for the Maggies in the mid to late 80’s ??

Dont know if he is related to the former Maggie, but he is the nephew of Malcolm Naden.

Kid can definitely play, looks a first grader to me. Will be interesting to see how they fit them all in, Jennings, Blake can both play wing and Centre, Naden can play anywhere in the outside backs, Whare will be 1 centre and Moylen fullback. The rest is a raffle.

I really like Tyrone May for the Panthers as well.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.