Club day - Wests Tigers

On Fox Sports 1 this Saturday 12th Dec, from 10.00am they are showing WT games from 2000 including the 2005 Premlim Final against St George. They will be reviewing the 2015 season as well at 8.00pm.

Titans lead WT 14 nil Rankin on fire…Moltzen sucks

09 v Manly, a pacey Lawrence with The Tank outside him, Ellis has arrived and Marshall stepping at the line.

Service from dummy half slow as usual, but Farah has a lot of zip and taking them on up the middle.

@formerguest:

09 v Manly, a pacey Lawrence with The Tank outside him, Ellis has arrived and Marshall stepping at the line.

Service from dummy half slow as usual, but Farah has a lot of zip and taking them on up the middle.

Showed poor old Gallant’s deficiencies in defence.
2 shockers on Watmough.

Missed most of this but managed to IQ the ‘year in review’ part. Waste of time, just old mate Braith talking garbage for 30 mins.

The review part was deplorable. An hour of Anasta laying his boot in wherever he could. Didn’t even try to be impartial.

But seeing the old players was a rare treat. Hill & Senter never shut up. A baby-face Gallows playing for Sharks. Whauira & Elford together on the left. Benji when he could throw a great cut-out pass without smashing the receiver on the chest (or miss by 4 metres), Vilasanti playing for us with his hair in a quiff, Thurston trying the same moves back in 2003. I loved it.

The couple of games that I did manage to catch saw the Tiges run down some scores that would normally, in well 2014/15 seen them turn it up.
Always good to watch that 2005 game again and again, Gasnier used to own the Tiges and it was revenge time, we were the underdogs in every aspect of the game and the Queens choked big time.

Anasta was real and fair.

He threw plenty of support behind the likes of Robbie Farah, Aaron Woods, Luke Brooks and James Tedesco.

His comments were biting because the truth hurts. Jason Taylor came over from the Chooks with all these systems and structures suited to a top quality roster. Plus the fact Taylor deflected away from a poor reason with the Farah debacle late in the year.

For me he called it exactly how it is, he did not sugar coat it and i respect that. Our club is a mess, paying out coaches, not paying ex players, coaches and players not getting on. Why should he paint a rosy picture of that. To me he just looked we wished they would get their act together, like we all do, and the young guns could thrive.

@Eddie:

He threw plenty of support behind the likes of Robbie Farah, Aaron Woods, Luke Brooks and James Tedesco.

His comments were biting because the truth hurts. Jason Taylor came over from the Chooks with all these systems and structures suited to a top quality roster. Plus the fact Taylor deflected away from a poor reason with the Farah debacle late in the year.

For me he called it exactly how it is, he did not sugar coat it and i respect that. Our club is a mess, paying out coaches, not paying ex players, coaches and players not getting on. Why should he paint a rosy picture of that. To me he just looked we wished they would get their act together, like we all do, and the young guns could thrive.

Very well said

@supercoach:

@Eddie:

Very well said

Totally agree.
I didn’t see it as laying the boot in.
He looked uncomfortable having to say what he thought (and knew).

@Eddie:

I thought he was thieving a living from us in his two seasons here but you’re right in what you say Eddie.

We’ve long been a shambles, perhaps more ex-players should call the club out on it and they’ll actually do something to change it.

@Eddie:

I don’t know how true this is but Mini and JT are supposedly good mates

Bwaiff and Mini …… 👿

@Eddie:

Agreed Eddie and well written.

@Pawsandclaws:

@Eddie:

Agreed Eddie and well written.

Thats fine and well as long as Anasta doesn’t have an agenda with JT over his friendship / business dealings with Minichiello

Anasta and Mini hate each other due to a massive feud between their wives

It is well known in league circles

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.