Lawrence excited for Nines....

Lawrence excited for 2016 Auckland Nines

Dan Talintyre (Twitter: @dantalintyre)

Tue 8th December, 04:34PM

After captaining a young side to the elimination stages last year, Wests Tigers forward Chris Lawrence said he was excited for the next installment of the Auckland Nines competition as the exciting brand of rugby league enters it’s third season.

Speaking at today’s 2016 Auckland Nines jersey launch at Dick Smith in the Sydney CBD, Lawrence said the competition had been a great success so far for rugby league, and that he was again looking forward to being part of the action at Eden Park early next year.

“Last year being my first year, it was a bit of an unknown,” he said, "so I’m really looking forward to the Auckland Nines this year — knowing what to expect.

“It was a good experience for us last year, and a great chance for some of the younger boys to showcase what they can do. I’m sure they’ll be looking to do the same again next year.”

See what Chris Lawrence had to say in full about the 2016 Auckland Nines above.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/12/08/lawrence_excited_for.html

I am really excited for the Tigers because we have not had a chance to look at the talent coming thought the u20’s till now.

@Geo.:

…Speaking at today’s 2016 Auckland Nines jersey launch at d*** Smith in the Sydney CBD…

Hahaha, censored.

I’m really excited that it is Chris Lawrence’s last season. He sucks.

@2cents:

From what I’ve seen of your posts, you hate most of the team.

@Masterton:

@2cents:

From what I’ve seen of your posts, you hate most of the team.

His comments aren’t even worth the amount he proclaims….2cents worth of dirt.

“I’m really excited that it is Chris Lawrence’s last season. He sucks”

2 cents, why would you want to say something like this? Chris Lawrence is a terrific clubman, an accomplished player and a really good bloke!

2 Cents… = D!ck Smith . Chris has been admirable competitor for the WTs. Gave it everything and then some.

@2cents:

Two words. Disgusting post.

Interviewed on FSN…Very tough pre-season like all Clubs…Lot of positivity around the joint…We know on our day we can match it with the best in the comp but for the last few years have not been consistent enough…11 years in the NRL has flown by…In this playing group I’ve said goodbye to the centres and defiantly loving the switch to the backrow where I can get my hands on the ball more often and lead by example with more responsibility…

As for the 9’s mentions Simona, Naiqama and Hoeter as suited to the format as will the young halves if they come…

Speaks very well great ambassador for our Club…

Totally agree with Geo.
I would add, that with Farah stepping down, if Lawrence is in the team (and I imagine he will be) then he should be captain.
In my opinion Woods is still too young and immature.

He is in the same boat as Farah JT wanted him gone but wouldn’t budge.He won’t be NRL captain unless we get a new coach. He is the consummate professional leads by example, always plays hard.

Woods is too much of a clown, and i don’t believe he’d fully have the respect of the refs. Lawrence is everything you want in a captain, its just a shame the injury has diminished his impact. He still has a bit to offer in the back row though i think. A strong yr, and a new deal shouldn’t be out of the question. He deserves one.

@TYGA:

He is in the same boat as Farah JT wanted him gone but wouldn’t budge.He won’t be NRL captain unless we get a new coach. He is the consummate professional leads by example, always plays hard.

The difference with him though, is he’s 4 or 5 yrs younger than Farah and with a strong yr in a new position can really push for a new deal. Farah has reached his ceiling with only a yr or two left in his career.

@GNR4LIFE:

@TYGA:

The difference with him though, is he’s 4 or 5 yrs younger than Farah and with a strong yr in a new position can really push for a new deal. Farah has reached his ceiling with only a yr or two left in his career.

Fair point he has been great since moving into the back-row.
If we had a brain which, we don’t we would look to extend him and smooth out the salary over 3 years, but we take the dumb option and try to put pressure on him to leave.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.