Andrew Fifita and Luke Lewis

The horse-trading of players is continuing, with Cronulla letting rival clubs know they can have star forwards Andrew Fifita or Luke Lewis for 2016 if the price is right.

Both are internationals and both are under contract for next season, but the Sharks will be happy to move them on if a deal can be struck.

All parties will deny the situation - but clubs have been told, on the quiet, of the duo’s availability.

It’s doubtful any rival club will have the money to sign two such high-profile players so deep into the off season, but the incident highlights the growing trend of clubs doing deals deep into the summer.

Never have we seen an off season with more frantic trading than the current one - and sadly it has set the precedent for years to come.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league-news/4687859-the-lurker-cronulla-sharks-offer-star-duo-to-other-nrl-clubs

Lurker is off the mark most of the time but if he happens to be correct this time what do you guys think? Lewis and Fifita would be great additions to our side, our salary cap problems may prevent us though…who knows?

Sitting in a tree….K.i.s.s.i.n.g…

Wait what…All parties deny it… but Clubs have been told on the quite that they are available …but no Clubs can afford them at this late stage…

I just :brick:

We got our own dinosaurs clearly showing all and sundry “The law of Diminishing Returns” in action.

Fifita = idiot
Lewis = had his chance

Fifita is a cat & Lewis is 100. No thanks.

Didn’t Fifita sign a mega rich 4 year deal with the Sharkies in 2015?.

Why are they moving him on?…have they finally seen the same light Sheens did with this clown?.

As for Lewis…Aged Care should be his next stop…

@tigerap:

Didn’t Fifita sign a mega rich 4 year deal with the Sharkies in 2015?

Why are they moving him on?…have they finally seen the same light Sheens did with this clown?.

As for Lewis…Aged Care should be his next stop…

Which would mean the sharks would have to stump up a fair chunk of his contract.
Lewis had a back ended deal, he is on $750k next year

Sharks seem to be short a prop so for this to be true the club may have on one in mind such as Grant? Seems sad that we only have Woods left of Fifita and Dwyer. Fifita does bring that x factor to a team and when motivated is a fine player.

Lewis still runs great lines ,can break the line close to the line and works hard in defence and hits hard

Swap him for Farah at 350 k straight swap for 2 seasons

Imagine what our young backrowers could learn from Luke Lewis

Fifita is a weapon if he stays stable all season. I think he has more impact than Taupau as well.

Gee tough crowd,I’d have em in a heartbeat.

@shane2801:

Fifita is a cat & Lewis is 100. No thanks.

Agree Shane

Lewis should have played origin this year. Can’t believe people wouldnt want a player of his quality and experience in our side. He would be our best back rower from the moment he walked in, even if he is past his best.

Fifita would cost more than he is worth imo.

I’d definitely take Lewis but there’s no way I’d want Fifita, one of the most overrated players in the game. Great ability but very lazy and has probably only had 1 really good full season. I’d rather David Fifita than Andrew.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.