Braith Anasta slams former club Wests Tigers

Yahoo7 and AgenciesDecember 14, 2015, 7:24 pm

Former NRL player Braith Anasta has hit out at former club the Wests Tigers and coach Jason Taylor over their treatment of club legend and former teammate Robbie Farah. Anasta, who will continue his coaching credentials with the Roosters’ Holden Cup team said the club aren’t doing what is best for the team. “Leadership has got to be strong from the top and it starts with the captain and the coach,” he told 7 News. “You want the players to be given every opportunity to succeed and be the best team that they can be and with all the drama going on, you can’t possibly see that happening.”

With the controversy surrounding Farah’s position at the club, Anasta maintained there was no question, Farah had to play. “You’ve got to play him in the no.9 poisiton for them to be the best team they can possibly be, he’s the best no.9 at the club.”

Why should we give a hoot about what a recently divorced , NYC coach of the Roosters thinks ??

He hardly slammed the club and aside from the fact nobody likes him i don’t see how you can argue with what was said.

Well for starters - if you are going to give advice you should be aware of the facts and be unbiased.

“Leadership has got to be strong from the top and it starts with the captain and the coach,” he told 7 News.

The statement is correct - however Farah is not the captain.
Farah is probably a mate of his, Taylor possibly not.

Also has an axe to grind about not getting paid - even though it was a third party agreement and nothing to do with the club.

Plus the fact nobody gives a rats about what he has to say anyway.

Article to the bin for mine.

@happy tiger:

Why should we give a hoot about what a recently divorced , NYC coach of the Roosters thinks ??

He would have spent 2 years at easts while JT was coaching NYC, he would have an idea of what he was like, and he spent 2 years here so he would have some idea of what goes on.

@Russell:

Well for starters - if you are going to give advice you should be aware of the facts and be unbiased.

“Leadership has got to be strong from the top and it starts with the captain and the coach,” he told 7 News.

Also has an axe to grind about not getting paid - even though it was a third party agreement and nothing to do with the club.

I thought “facts” were incontestable. Yet you go with a "probably?

Huh?

Yet another goose who uses “facts” to reinforce their different opinion, but that’s all it is; “opinion”.

Anasta is a goose. During his tenure with us he gave very little and in fact I thought he back stabbed Farah and the club quite a few times in the media. This is just a I need something to crap on about to justify my lowly existence.
Having said that it would be so nice for our coach to put this issue to rest once and for all, either way. The longer he remains silent the more it will hurt the clubs prospects of moving forward.

@851:

@happy tiger:

He would have spent 2 years at easts while JT was coaching NYC, he would have an idea of what he was like, and he spent 2 years here so he would have some idea of what goes on.

Also a mate of Farah’s , didn’t work under the new board and I would suggest that Taylor does things completely different as a NRL coach than he would as a NYC coach

At most clubs while the coach has his particular style , the NYC follows the NRL coaches lead so players can fit from side to side when they go up each level and it takes little work with defensive strategies as well as attack

Two completely different games

@LCA:

@Russell:

I thought “facts” were incontestable. Yet you go with a "probably?

Huh?

THE FACT IS " FARAH IS NOT CAPTAIN!!! "

Or can’t you understand that.

Name calling is not on by the way.

Yet another goose who uses “facts” to reinforce their different opinion, but that’s all it is; “opinion”.

Hey Russell, in the other thread you made a comment about Wighton. Go have a look at the Indigenous team and read the name Jack Wighton. Most unfortunate.

@Bones:

He hardly slammed the club and aside from the fact nobody likes him i don’t see how you can argue with what was said.

I saw the heading and thought I don’t want to listen to this guy speak more dribble. What he said though was spot on.

He is on the money. The best no.9 needs to be selected. Unfortunately when Braith was at the club, they selected him rather than the best number 6. Sad thing about the 24 hour foxtel football channel is that more wastes of space like Braith will be given a vehicle to voice their opinions to an audience

@Pawsandclaws:

Hey Russell, in the other thread you made a comment about Wighton. Go have a look at the Indigenous team and read the name Jack Wighton. Most unfortunate.

Don’t quite think Teddy is eligeble for the “Indigenous” team Paws.

Lucky for Wighton I’d say.

Never been a Braith fan but hard to find fault with these reported comments

@Russell:

@Pawsandclaws:

Don’t quite think Teddy is eligeble for the “Indigenous” team Paws.

Lucky for Wighton I’d say.

That is not what I meant as you well know.

But looking at it objectively, Wighton has consistently demonstrated his versatility by playing three positions to a high standard in the NRL, including playing fullback exceptionally well. Tedesco has played fullback and plays it very well. He did play a handful of games on the wing but the less said about that the better. Wighton offers greater versatility and on this basis alone imo is ahead of Tedesco for SOO selection.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.