Mason Catalans deal off

Willy Mason’s deal with Catalans has fallen through & is talk he will play bush football. Do the tiges offer him a minimum contract? Might fire some of the young forwards up even if only playing 35 mins a game.

Yes. Take him. We need an experience prop. I know he can be a bit of a d!ck, but he can also bring some much needed LOLs to the group. He might be just what we need and if isn’t working then Just say goodbye .

I’d hesitate in signing a forward that will only play limited minutes in a season where there will be a limited interchange.

Willie doesn’t want to play for the Wests Tigers…

@Geo.:

He’s only told us 4 times now

Maybe he will soften with old age

@Harvey:

Willy Mason’s deal with Catalans has fallen through & is talk he will play bush football. Do the tiges offer him a minimum contract? Might fire some of the young forwards up even if only playing 35 mins a game.

It’s not going to happen Harvey… Little Willy has a strong dislike for the WT. 😲

@Tigermama:

@Harvey:

It’s not goung to happen Harvey… Little Willy has a strong dislike for the WT. 😲

Whats his issue with Tigers mama?

No thanks all we need is another player who gives away 5+ penalties a game!

@marzie:

@Tigermama:

@Harvey:

It’s not goung to happen Harvey… Little Willy has a strong dislike for the WT. 😲

Whats his issue with Tigers mama?

Not quite sure Marzie, but I’m guessing it goes back to 2012 when Willie and his agent, Sam Ayoub was negotiating with WT. He was a certainty to sign with us, until the club panicked after meeting with sponsers and didn’t sign him up. The whole situation wasn’t handled very professionally by our club. Surprise, 😮 surprise. Soon after, Wayne Bennett swooped and asked him to join the Knights.
It’s lack of professionalism, that’s got Willie offside with us. And who could blame him.
Once bitten twice shy.

Willie would be a reasonable 1 year signing if we could get him cheaply enough. Doubt he’ll be too concerned about past slights (real or imagined) at this stage of his career. Don’t seem to be a lot of clubs clamouring to get him on board

Besides WT fans which we all have blind faith all other fans have us at wooden spoon favourites given our weak player roster, poor coach, No Galloway or Taupau and the endless Farah saga.

Brooks has not at this stage lived up to the hype surrounding him whether that is our poor forwards, poor game plan or Farah not given him control.

Still weak in the forwards.

My personal opinion we will finish bottom 4 battling out with Newcastle and Titans for the wooden spoon.

2016 could be a make or break year for Brooks, Moses and Siro

Year of the Broncos is my early pick for premiers.

@Geo.:

A fact for which I am grateful

No Mason for the Tigers. We got enough problems and people not earning the dollars they are being paid.

Would have said yes in 2012 when we were actually interested till the PC police stepped in. He’s 36 next yr, time for Willie to go get a real job, if he has the skills to do anything else. Would explain why he hasn’t given it away.

He could turn out like the bloke we brought back from the Illawarra team , he was pretty handy , cheap ,
Mason on a 1’year deal

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.